Sunday, August 12, 2012

I Scream...You Scream..We All Scream for...

ICE CREAM!!

Hi Stampers!

Today's first post is my challenge card that I made for the Kenny K Challenge this week! The challenge was to make a card with your favorite ICE CREAM COLORS! How yummy is this? This card has taken me TWO DAYS...yes...TWO DAYS to finish - LOL! I colored my image with my Spectrum Noir Alcohol Ink Markers and I absolutely LOVE how it turned out. I am still a newbie at coloring with markers so I kinda impressed myself with how my little Troublemaker turned out! LOL!

Here is my card:


My favorite ice cream of Bordeaux Chocolate Cherry Inspired my card! It is kind of hard to see but my black background paper has black embossed raised cherries. This is a retired Stampin Up! design. The reason this card took me TWO DAYS to finish is because of my other background paper I used! It is called Bees Knees and it is a retired Graphic 45 pattern that was my FAVORITE FAVORITE paper and this was my LAST piece...so I didn't want to use it... I wanted to HOARD it - LOL! So I searched and searched and searched online  and I found some that a store had left in stock... 12 sheets! So I snagged them all up...and then I could use my paper - LOL :) So if you spot some...let me know... I will buy it - LOL!

I used this month's I heart 2 stamp sketch for my layout -


My ice cream cone being the tall vertical panel :) When I saw Holly use this sketch the other day I fell in love with it and wanted to try it out myself. That is the hardest part of card-making for me - the lay outs so I love when awesome sketches come along - LOL!

Here are some close-up pics of my Troublemaker and ice cream cone and then just my image so you can take a better peak at my coloring:




I don't think I will be able to give this card away...I like it too much - LOL! I think I will put it in my SMASH book journal...when I start one :)

The images I used on this card are - Troublemaker from the KennyK Collection - Whimsy Stamps, My background for the girl is the Street Art Background from the Raindrop Echo Collection - Whimsy Stamps, and my "Sweet Friend" Sentiment is from the Flourishes Stamp Set - Apple of My Eye.

Thanks so much for stopping by and talking a peek! I plan on working on preorders in the store and making at least one more challenge card for today...hopefully two because I have them all planned just have to get the time to bust them out :) If I do I will post them later on today!

If you have a chance to play today come play in our Loves Rubberstamps Bingo Challenge! It is super fun :)

Here are the challenges I am entering this card in:

Kenny K's Krafty Krew - Challenge #105 - Ice Cream Colors
I Heart 2 Stamp - August 2012 Sketch
Send A Smile For Kids - For The Girls
Crafty Catz - Anything Goes
Crop Stop - Be Inspired By Fruit (Cherries! - Even if they are in my ice cream :)
Hanna and Friends - Summer
Moving Along With the Times - Summer 
Paper Crafting Journey - Anything Goes
My Time Made Easy - Pretty Pallette 68 - Chocolate, Red, Saffron
Divas By Design - For a Female
Whimsy Stamps Challenge - Summer Fun
Anything Goes Challenge Blog - Summer Days
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion Challenges - #122 Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!
Laura

Pin It

18 comments:

Shell Shearer Swinscoe

Great card, fab ice-cream & your colouring is perfect!

Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT & Divas this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Thrifty Finn

This is so gorgeous! The colours, the layers...Everything! Good luck on Craft Your Passion!

Nicolchen

Your card is just gorgeous...fantastic colours and design :0)))

Thanks for joining us at Hanna and Friends and good luck ;0)

Hugs Nicole

Sue B

Wow! this is gorgeous Laura! what a fab Kenny K image and I love your ice cream… it looks good enough to eat!! Love the scrummy papers and the black card with the embossed cherries… it's a perfect Summertime card! :-)
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT for my 'Summer' theme and Good Luck in the Challenge!
Hugs Sue xx

Gaynor Greaves

Hi, love your card, the colours are great and love the image, thanks for joining our challenge at Anything goes, Gaynor x

Holly AKA KopyKat

Love how you used this sketch! And you rocked the ice cream color challenge. Good for you for breaking into your hoard! lol. Had to laugh, I am the same way. Your coloring is fabulous. Super super cute.

Karen Hasheck

Wow- What a great card for a girl! Love the image and colors you have chosen! Thanks for sharing it with us at Send a Smile 4 Kids and hope to see you again soon!

Vicki

Fabulous card! This is so fun. Thanks for joining our CropStop Fruitalicious Challenge.

Kim

great card & fab colouring! Thanks for joining us at CraftyCatz. Kim x

Kim.

Wow if this is a first go at colouring you did a fantastic job. Love the card, great image and the large ice cream works perfectly. Thanks for joining us this week at Moving Along With The Times.
Kim xXx

Pat K

Fabulous card, so bright and cheery. Love the papers you've chosen. This is one of my fav. KK images and you've colored her beautifully. Thank you so much for joining in the Papertake Weekly Challenge. Pat K.x

Romaine

A fun card! I love the giant ice cream cone! Thanks for sharing it with us at MTME pretty palette!

Renate´s Stempelwelt

Hello,

wow what a wonderful card and your colouring is fantastic. hui so nice!!!

thanks for joining HANNA&FRIENDS.
Hugs renate

Sarah-Jane

Great card. Thank you for joining us at Divas.
Sarah-Jane xx

Michelle Pearson

so very fun! Thanks for sharing your creation on the CropStop Challenge!:)

Katie

What a great, sassy card! Thank you for joining this week's Crop Stop Challenge!

Lisa Kind

Now I want an ice cream cone! This is gorgoeous! Your coloring is beautiful! I hate giving cards that I love away too! Great idea to put it in your smash book! Thanks for playing our Pretty Palette challenge!

Jackie Randolph

WOW!!! fabulous design and gorgeous use of our color combo!! thanks for playing along with us at MTME!!

Post a Comment