Sunday, August 5, 2012

My Sunday Shares - August 5th

Happy Sunday All!

Hope your weekend is going great! Last night I went to watch my husband race. He races a sportmod race car every Saturday night. He did awesome! He won his heat race and then came in 3rd for the feature...and the car is in one piece which is always a bonus :) Other than that I have been working in the store. Today I will be listing all of the Preorder Saturated Canary Stamps! This line is soooo cute! I love them all - LOL! Hard to choose my favorite! I also hope to get some other preorders listed too...but I am starting with those.

For today's Sunday Shares I thought I would share one of my newest obsessions that I have been spotting on Pinterest and pinning my favorites furiously to my boards :) SMASH Journals or Art Journals.  I think these are a cool concept. If you are not familiar with them they are like a pseudo diary mixed with scrapbooking. You can journal your thoughts, memories, favorite quotes, whatever you wish and then you add artwork or pictures or keepsakes - whatever  to help put your thoughts into a visual form. Pretty cool! Here are a couple of my favorite pages I stumbled across and pinned to my boards...

Art Journal Pages:



This is a sample page from a book on Art Journaling by Violette called "Journal Bliss: Creative Prompts to Unleash Your Inner Eccentric" You can buy it at Amazon in paperback or a kindle edition.



This page was created by Michelle LaPoint Rydell - Inspiration Everywhere. This is a great idea to do every once in awhile I think. How fun would it be to read these years after? LOL!




Both of these pages were created by Lori Vliegen of Elvie Studio. I LOVE her style! You will have to check out her blog because there were MANY MANY more of her pages I could have pinned! Such a talented lady! I think the candy hearts page is such a cute way to show your favorite "mom-isms or dad-isms" that your parents used to tell you - LOL! I did find that on the Stamping Bella Blog - every Tuesday they dedicate to Art Journals. They have a prompt for you to create a page and then share it if you like along with samples from their design team. I was thinking of trying a few to jump start my thinking process :)

Those were a few examples or art journaling for memories sake. BUT there is another way to do SMASH journaling for crafters and that is to create journal pages of your favorite color combos! These are AWESOME and I really want to do one! You can use these for keeping track of different hair combinations, skin colors, clothes when you find a combo that rocks! You can make these for basically any coloring medium you use. Copics are popular ones but you could do them for any type - promarkers, spectrum noir, prismacolor pencils! Here are a few of my FAVORITE pages I found....


Created by Zoe Young Kirkby

Great hair, skin & clothes combos all on one page ...and it is super cute because it uses a Saturated Canary image :)

Focus on just Skin & Hair Colors


A Coloring Style


Or Colors for Clothes

The last three pages were all created by Emma from the Crafty Mummy of Five. This lady is AMAZING! Her cards and these journal pages are so cute!! Wouldn't you LOVE to just sit and look through these journals over and over? I know I would!

I think these would be so fun to do! Hope you enjoyed today's shares! If you do art journaling or smash journals for coloring techniques...leave a link...I would love to see them :)

If you want to see what else I have "PINNED" on my favorite boards see them here:

Art Journal Ideas
Copics and Coloring Techniques

Have a "SMASHING" day all!
Laura

2 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat

Wow, these are so awesome, love your sunday finds.

CraftygasheadZo

Oh wow just found your blog, because of one of my smash pages you pinned. How cool, so pleased you liked my Saturated Canary colouring page! Am now following you. Take care Zo xx

Post a Comment