Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The River Bends

Good Morning Stampers!

It's Tuesday which means we have a brand new Loves Rubberstamps Blog Challenge! This week the challenge is a Color Challenge of - Black, Turquoise & Yellow AND to be inspired by this photograph from the House of Turquoise:



I think that are some pretty textures and patterns in this photo! Those chevrons are so dramatic! Here is my card.


I used two different stamps from Gourmet Rubber Stamps. The first one is a Lizzie Anne Design called Ship, the other is also a Lizzie Anne Design called The River Bends. I sponged my scene using the Tim Holtz Distress Inks that are the Spring 2012 Limited Edition colors of Peacock Feathers and Squeezed Lemonade. I also used some Daffodil Delight and More Mustard from Stampin Up! to define the sunset and sun. My yellow polka dot paper is from the Simple Stories 6x6 paper pack called Summer Fresh.  I sponged the edges of this with More Mustard also. My chevron embossing folder is also from Stampin Up! and I sponged more of the Peacock Feathers Ink on top to help define the chevrons. I think that this saying with this image would make a beautiful sympathy card, which are always the hardest to make, I think anyway. I have used my favorite technique of sponging scenes :)

For my layout I used this week's Sketch from Mojo Monday #254


I am entering this into the following challenges:

Mojo Monday - MOJO254 Week Sketch
Craft Punked - Beside the Seaside
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Summer
Simon Says Stamp & Show - Use Favorite Technique - Mine is Sponging Sunsets & Sky Scenes
Pile It On - Bingo - My Line is Emboss, Image & Pearls
Incy Wincy Designs - Beach Days
Paper Pretties - Anything Goes
Whoopsi Daisy - Anything Goes
The Squirrel and The Fox - The Sea
One Stop Craft Challenge - A Summer Holiday

Thanks for stopping by!
Laura

Pin It

10 comments:

cotnob

This is gorgeous, I love the scene you have created and your lovely sentiment.
Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week.
Pauline
x

May

Wow- I love these colors too, and this is a stunning card!! Great work - thank you for joining us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

s4rah

This is beautiful, one of my favourite colour combos too. Thanks for joining us at Craft Punked this week!

Holly AKA KopyKat

This is so beautiful, love the sailing ship and the fabulous sentiment. Great sketch too!

Pia S

This card has such lovely colors and I really like the image! A great take on the sketch!

CraftyNess

This card is stunning - the colours go so well together. The texture you have added work really well with the whole card :) thanks for joining us at Craft Punked this week x

Daisychain

A great card, love the colours and sentiment you have used. Thanks for sharing it with us at Whoopsi Daisy for our ‘Anything Goes’ challenge. Hope to see you next week. Hugs Christine x

New Daisy & Friends At Christmas CD launching at 10.00am (UK time) Sunday 19th August on Create & Craft.

Emma H

Gorgeous - I love the colours and the scene you've created! Thanks for joining us at Pile It On this week!

Bettina L.

Wow I absolutely love the stunning scene you've created and awsome use of colours too. Thanks for playing at Whoopsi Daisy and good luck. Hope to see you back monday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

Karen C

This is so pretty! Love the sunset/sunrise! Wow! Thanks for playing with us this week at Incy Wincy and at Whoopsi Daisy!!
Hugs,
Karen C
www.busybusyhoneybee.wordpress.com

Post a Comment