Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Doctor Is In!

Hi Stampers!

Today I am going to share a card that I created using a cute Crafty Sentiments Designs stamp called Doctor Tobey.


I colored him with my Spectrum Noir Alcohol Ink Markers on the Crafter's Companion ultra smooth white cardstock. Then I fussy cut him out and popped him onto my designer paper panel. The Designer Paper I used is from the Simple Stories 6x6 paper pack called - Awesome.  I used a Tim Holtz Idea-ology metal clip so my one panel looked like the Doctors Clip Board. We will be adding this line to our store as soon as we can :)

I made my "Band-Aid" tape using a Stampin Up! punch called Key Tag and the square punch then just cut it to size. I used very vanilla cardstock sponged with soft suede and then stamped the "dots" with Stampin Up's! Itty Bitty Backgrounds stamp with early esppresso. The heart on top is from the Stampin Up! punch - Heart to Heart. It is the smallest heart from this punch.

I handwrote the Doctor's Orders on my clip board. Here is a close-up:


When I showed my husband this he just looked at me funny - LOL! I don't think he liked my "buy new stamps" instruction - hee hee!

Here is a close up of Doctor Tobey. I tried something new with the hair. After coloring it with my Spectrum Noir Markers I went in with my Stampin Write Chocolate Chip Marker from Stampin Up! and used the very fine tip to add some hair strands to see what that looked like. I was trying to add better definition in the hair because I am not very good with doing some colors of hair with my markers yet.


I also used Stampin Up! markers to color his shirt, tie and stethoscope cord because they offer a very tip to get in itty bitty places.

At Crafty Sentiments Designs this week they are having a sketch challenge which is what I used for my layout:


Here are the challenges I am entering this card in:

Crafty Sentiments Designs - Sketch Challenge
Paper Pretties Wednesday Challenge - PWC219 Square Cards
Clear It Out Challenge - Manly Card using 2 or more patterned papers
Use Your Stuff - Masculine Theme
Whoopsi Daisy - Anything Goes
Simply Stampin Challenge - Let's Hear It For the Boys

Thanks for stopping by!
Laura

Pin It

12 comments:

Miradormakings

Lovely card the Dr's orders sound just right to me. Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week.

Joan x

Holly AKA KopyKat

OMGosh this is so adorable, love the doctor image and LOVE that cute bandaid you made, so cute! Oh and of course I love the doctors orders, lol.

Sharron aka Sharrahug

I love your card!!! Love the Bandaid you made! Very clever of you! btw....I think his hair looks great!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Clear It Out challenges. We hope to see you again soon.
Huggies ~
Sharron♥

Unknown

I just love those little band-aids. Super card! Thank you for sharing it with us this week on the Use Your Stuff blog :)

Ruth M

Great card Laura - the Band Aid is a fabulous idea, love how you made that!
Thanks so much for joining us at Simply Stampin'!
Ruth x

Flutterby Trina

Now that is what I call adorable! Love the way you have coloured him and the notes on the side are so good! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Crafty Sentiments Designs with our sketch challenge! Good luck and hope to see you again soon! Hugs xx

pinky

This is just adorable. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.
Pinky

Daisychain

A great card, love the image and embellishments you have used. Thanks for sharing it with us at Whoopsi Daisy for our ‘Anything Goes’ challenge. Hope to see you next week. Hugs Christine x

New Daisy & Friends At Christmas CD launching at 10.00am (UK time) Sunday 19th August on Create & Craft.

Bettina L.

What a fun design and I love how you've used the layers and added bandage. Thanks for playing at Whoopsi Daisy and good luck. Hope to see you back monday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

Barbara

I love this!
Thanks for playing along this week on the Use Your Stuff challenge.

Caz

This is lovely..Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments and good luck..

Caz CS DT

Laura W

What a fabulous card! I love the Dr's orders but I think you forgot to add 'eat chocolate' in there-lol. Thanks so much for playing along at the Clear it Out Challenge Blog :)

Post a Comment