Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A Fistful of Flowers

Hi Stampers!

Here is post ONE from me today :) It is a day full of fun challenges starting...LOVE Tuesdays :D

This week our Loves Rubberstamps Challenge is EVERYONE'S FAVORITE.... ANYTHING GOES! YAY! We do these the first week of every month and it is so fun seeing so many players and visiting the blogs!

Here is what I created:



This super cute image is from the Whimsy Stamps Crissy Armstrong Collection called A Fistful of Flowers.I just love her sweet face! Now...she is not currently in the store, but we do have her in and I will be getting her added in the next few days with loads more stuff :)

Check out my new Butterfly Watermark! I have had this for a looooooong time and finally found a program to use where I could add it to my pictures - totally LOVE it! Now if only I can figure out my blog post signature one - LOL!

The papers are used are from the Simple Stories Summer Fresh Collection. I colored her with a mix of copic markers and spectrum noirs. I tried the Copic X-Press paper for the first time tonight instead of my usual Crafter's Companion Ultra Smooth and I did notice a few differences between them...

Copic-Xpress seemed to bleed through more when doing lots of layering, BUT the ink always soaked in, it never stayed wet and smeary on the top. I found I didn't get out of the lines as much either when coloring closer to the edges. I also think this one has a bit of subtle sparkle which is really pretty.

Crafter's Companion - didn't bleed as much but, it was easier to go outside the lines and when you do a lot of layering with certain colors (noticed it happen with hair combo E13, E15, E18) It is almost like it gets a glaze and the ink won't soak in anymore. It takes a very long time to dry when it does that and there us always like a wetter looking spot, even when dry. Does that make sense? LOL!

I actually like them both, they both have some good and bads and are about even. Anyway...that was way off topic - LOL! For my layout I used this sketch from Stamp With Fun:



I also decorated the inside of my card to match the outside...


 Also here is a final close up of my Image...


 I need to remember to start writing down my marker colors so I can post them! Sorry about that!

I hope you have a chance to play along with us this week in our Anything Goes Challenge!! Also be sure to keep your eye on the New Items section in our store so you can see when this cutie is added :)

I will be back later today with my Design Team post for Crafty Sentiments Designs :) Have a great day all!

Laura

I will be entering this in the following challenges:

Whimsy Stamps - Ribbon & Lace
Stamp For Fun - Sketch Challenge #218
Card Mania Challenges - #26 Summer Blooms
C...Is For Challenge - #3 Fresh & Bright
Dream Valley Challenges - Summer Days
Totally Gorjuss - Anything Goes With Pearls 
MarkerPop - Anything Goes With Markers
The Crazy Challenge - Anything Goes
Great Impressions - August Challenge - Square Cards

9 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat

OMGosh she is so adorable and your coloring is fabulous! Great card design and colors. LOVE it.

Clarissa Schupp

What a wonderful project and what an amazing coloring. WOW! Thank you so much for sharing and joining us at stamp with fun. Have a good time and we hop you will come back next week.
big hugs
Clarissa

Dangina Martinez

So sweet. I fell in love with that DP. I was bummed to find that we were sold out. Can we get more?

Marcy

This is so darling! I love that sweet image and your coloring is so pretty! Love the way you colored her hair and pleats!

mixamatoasties

Adorable. Super colouring.

Thanks for sharing at Dream Valley Challenges this time.

Susan x

Clarissa Schupp

OMG! How sweet is this! Thanks so much for using our sketch and sharing at stamp with fun. Have a fab weekend.
XOXO Clarissa

Athina

Awesome coloring! So sweet!

Unknown

Your coloring is really awesome. Love how you combined all these colors and patterns. I would like to thank you for entering my 'C... is for challenge' blog and I wish you good luck in the draw.
Hugs,
Anna xxx

Sparkly Engineer

The background for you image is fab. I like the way you created the chevron in the back.

Mary Anne Great Impressions DT

Post a Comment