Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Candy Canes Tag

Hi Stampers!

I am back to share with you my second project that I created last night while my creative streak was running high!

I came across a challenge at Little Darlings to create a TAG using one of the super cute Saturated Canary images. Now... I have to confess that I have never made a tag before, believe it or not! I have made small tags that go on cards or things, but never just a stand alone tag!

My second confession is this is my first time actually using a Saturated Canary image! I have had some of these super cute stamps for awhile, and I have some of the digital ones, but this is my first time inking one up! I had a blast coloring this up (took me forever but it was worth it I think) and I can't wait to ink up my other stamps that are waiting for me!


My image is from the first release of Saturated Canary Rubber Stamps called Candy Canes. This was one of my favorite ones from the first series. I colored this using Spectrum Noir Alcohol ink markers. I added this to a large chipboard tag that I covered with papers from the Authentique - Festive paper pack. I added a corrugated kraft heart with a button over some cherry cobbler ribbon which I layered on some crochet lace ribbon so it has a kind of "country" feel. My sentiment is from the Saturated Canary digi set Ugly Christmas Sweater.

Here is a closer peek at my image:


I hope you enjoyed my first tag...and my first (of many to come) Saturated Canary project! :)
I was thinking that these would make cute Christmas ornaments too!

We do carry the Saturated Canary Rubber stamps at Loves Rubberstamps. On NOVEMBER 19th.... mark your calendars because we will have the NEW RELEASE Saturated Canary rubber stamps available for pre-ordering! There are 15 new images coming out in rubber stamp form and they are all absolutely adorable! We will be offering a surprise free gift for everyone that preorders with us :)

I am off to get this entered in the challenge at Little Darlings!

BE SURE TO SEE MY EARLIER POST TODAY FOR MY DESIGN TEAM PROJECT FOR THE CUTTING CAFE!

Happy Stampin!
Laura

Pin It

I will be entering this in the following challenges:

Little Darlings Challenge Blog - Saturated Canary Tag

7 comments:

Lydia

so sweet laura xx you can tell you've been practising as your colouring looks fab xxx

Holly AKA KopyKat

OMGosh this tag is so super cute!!! I am not a tag maker but admire all the beautiful tags I see, and this is one of them. Love the design and the colors and your coloring is fabulous. Love it!

Marcy

This is so adorable Laura! I love this tag and this SC image is so cute! Mine is coming soon! :)

PaperDaisies

Just love it. Beautiful image coloured to perfection. Hugs Nina

Katie Skiff

WOW - that is stunning!! You did a great job coloring it, the hair and everything - I struggle with black hair. I love the layout on your tag - it's simple yet beautiful!!

KelliJo

Super cute and I have this image also and am a BIT intimidated by it... fingers crossed!!! LOL

Unknown

beautiful:)!!!
thanks for sharing your talent with me!...she looks so lovely!!

xx
Krista

Post a Comment