Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Your Happy Place

Happy Tuesday Stampers!

Tuesdays are a new challenge at Loves Rubberstamps! This week - our Guest Sponsor is - Eureka Stamps. They offer some really fun and cute stamps in both digi and wood form.

Our team was able to create some samples using some of their fun digi sets for our challenge this week :)  The theme is KRAFT + Another Color of your choice! I love using Kraft and it looks amazing with any color it is paired with :) I am a Kraft junkie and use it on almost all my creations - I have to admit!

Here is my Inspirational piece using the Large Ostrich digi stamp from Eureka Stamps.



I colored my ostrich image using Spectrum Noir Alcohol Ink Markers and then I put clear embossing powder over the legs, neck, and white feathers so I could mask and sponge my background scene.

After I finished the ostrich I decided to add my sentiment to the same panel. I originally stamped this in a dark blue and didn't really like how it looked...so then I tried adding white polka dots to it with a gel pen...and didn't like that either - LOL! So I went completely over my letters with the gel pen and thought it looked kind of like how a plane would write words in the sky ... so I added the little plane with a swirl of smoke so it looks like they just wrote the sentiment. LOL! The little plane and sentiment are both from the Paper Smooches Set - Get Outta Town.

I used the sketch from this week's Deconstructed Sketch #78.


Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to come play along in our challenge!

Happy Stampin!
Laura

Pin It

I will be entering this in the following challenges:

Deconstructing Jen - Deconstructed Sketch Challenge #78
Creative Card Crew - Challenge 24 - Anything Goes
Party Time Tuesdays - PTT #96 - Anything Goes
Kaboodle Doodles Challenges - #147 Stripes and/or Polka Dots
Joanna Sheen Challenge - Anything Goes - Excluding Christmas
Pile It On - #48 Anything But a Christmas Card
Crafty Ann's - Challenge #79 Birds or Animals
The Stamp Man - November Challenge Emboss It
Stampin For The Weekend - Challenge 22 - Use some Texture

15 comments:

Dangina Martinez

That is too funny! This is great and it worked well with the sketch.
Hugs, Dangina

Unknown

Love that image!! Thanks for playing along with us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

Holly AKA KopyKat

OMGosh this is so darn cute!!! Love the image and the fabulous card design. Teal and kraft definetly go well together, love it.

PaperDaisies

This one made me smile. Just perfect. Hugs Nina

Diary Card Fairy

Very cute card. Thanks for joining at Kaboodle Doodles.

Elaine aka Ellapu

This is fabulous .. thank you for sharing with us over at Creative Card Crew this time and hope to see you again real soon.
Elaine DT

Michelle Looi

Very fab card!
Thanks for sharing at Kaboodle Doodles!
~Michelle

Jen Shults

LOL, this is so funny! Love love love that combo of stamp and sentiment! Thanks for joining us at the Deconstructed Sketch!

Elizabeth Hart

This is just too much fun - love this! Thanks so very much for joining us this week at the Pile It On Challenge.

Julie

Fab card - love what you've done with the plane and the sentiment!

Thanks for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend for our Texture Challenge!

Hugs

Julie x

Deanette

Cute! Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew!

Ann Whitfield

Great card Laura, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

xxxtglxxx

lol - what a cute, fun card - it looks great! :)

Thanks so much for joining us at the Joanna Sheen Challenge,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Deanne Saunders

Ha! Cute card! Thanks for participating in our PILE IT ON challenge!!

~DEANNE~

Carol

Fabulous card and image. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's this time. Carol DT x

Post a Comment