Saturday, November 24, 2012

Fishin' Buddies

Happy Saturday Stampers!

I am popping on here quick and then heading over to the store site to start adding new goodies! YAY! I spent the morning, not as I planned...my daughter had her car window smashed out so we were busy filing the police report and getting that taken care of. At least she was fine and nothing happened to her. Windows can be replaced.

Today is Jacqueline's Day to share some inspiration with you! I love Saturdays and getting to see what gorgeous creation she has made for us!



Jacqueline created this adorable card using the Fishin' Friends stamp from the Crissy Armstrong collection from Whimsy Stamps. I LOVE how she colored this up using her prismacolor pencils. Looks like an art painting! Jacqueline does AMAZING using her pencils! Every time I see her cards it makes me want to pull mine out and start practicing my coloring, but then I think about all of the pencil sharpening I would have to do first - LOL! I really need to get them sharpened up so I use them more because as Jacqueline card shows you get some gorgeous results when you use them. Jacqueline uses Memento Tuxedo Black ink to use with her prismacolors, this ink is also great for using with the alcohol ink markers too.

Those cute birthday tickets are also from Whimsy Stamps. They are called Celebration Mini Tickets. Jacqueline finished her card off by creating many different layers she created using spellbinders dies and various other sizzix dies. Plus that gorgeous two color ribbon! You can read all about her creative process by visiting her blog.

I had my own special fishin' buddy...my Grandpa! We used to go on fishing trips together to our relatives in Missouri and go farm pond fishing for bass when I was little, just me and Grandpa! We had so much fun. We also would go cat fishing in the rivers around here. I will always treasure those special memories now that he has passed. He has been gone, coming up on 5 years now, and I still miss and think of him everyday. My husband isn't a big fisherman so when I do convince him to go with me, I always outfish him ;) I know it is because Grandpa is up there, helping me catch the lunkers :)

Here is a picture of my Grandpa when he was in the Marines...



His smile reminds me of Elvis Presley - LOL!

Anyway...I better go get busy! Be sure to get your comment in for this week's Sensational Sunday Inspirations post because we draw a winner tomorrow with the new posting! I will also have a special post tomorrow too...because I am going to be a Guest Designer for Elisabeth Bell's World Challenge Blog for their challenge that starts tomorrow :)

Have a great day all!
Laura

Pin It

1 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat

Wow, that does look like a painting and I love all the details and the fabulous design. Great pic of your grandpa, so glad you are still fishin'

Post a Comment