Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Chase The Snowflakes Tri-Shutter Card

Good Morning Stampers!

You are in for a treat today because I was in that special crafting zone last night where you are lovin' how everything is turning out and you dare not stop because you will lose that Mojo! So I will have TWO posts today to show you what I accomplished in my burst of creativity :)

I also decided to try projects I have never done before so that was an extra challenge. The first project that I created was a Tri-Shutter card for my design team project for The Cutting Cafe. This week we were playing with some snowflakes, which is nice because it made me start on my Christmas cards - YIKES - LOL! At least I have one done now :)

This week we could chose to use Fun with Snowflakes, Snowflake Kisses Treat Box, or the Snowflake Huge Circle printable stamp set which is the one that I used.

Here is a look at my Tri -Shutter Card when it is closed (which it doesn't like to do very easy!)


On the front of my card you will see the Huge Snowflake Circle. I went over each snowflake with a versamarker and added iridescent ice to them so they shimmer. I also added a bit of liquid pearls to the center of each one. That super cute snowman is from another printable stamp set from The Cutting Cafe called Fun With Frosty the Snowman. I added iridescent ice to his snowbody so he shimmers and some liquid applique on his hat for some texture. I cut him out and popped him on dimensionals on top of my sponged snow scene. My little "tree" was made using Martha Stewart's Medium Branch punch.

Here is a close up of Frosty so you can see the shimmer better...


Tri-Shutter cards really make a statement when you open them up! It really gets a "WHOA" out of the person opening them up (at least from my husband anyway - LOL)


The sentiment in the middle is also from the Snowflake Huge Circle printable stamp set. My folded tree was inspired by this week's technique lovers challenge at Splitcoast Stampers which was to make one of these trees and use them on your project. Now I had to be tired last night because I had to watch Beate's tutorial video about 4 times to figure out the last fold... then it just hit me... Duh! LOL!

These cards actually go together really quick once you figure out all the elements. It took me longer to figure out my color scheme that I wanted to use then to put it all together. My papers are all from the Simple Stories Handmade Holiday 6x6 Paper pack, except for my folded tree. That one is from Authentique Festive 6x6 paper pack.

Here are close ups of the center area and the folded tree.


I added a snowflake eyelet to the snowman panel.




I hope you enjoyed my first project today! I will be back in a little while with another one :)

I wanted to remind you that right now at The Cutting Cafe, Regina is offering 6 free files from her December Daily series that have a lot of cool elements that can be used for so many projects. Read all about it on this blog post. Hurry though the offer expires on November 17th!

Don't forget while you are at The Cutting Cafe... check the blog this afternoon and see all the projects that the Design Team made using this week's files! It is always a blast seeing what everyone came up with! Plus of you leave a comment on the Inspiration Post...you could be the lucky winner of 3 free files of your choice :)

Have a great day all!
Laura

Pin It

I will be entering this in the following challenges... (will post later today)

4 comments:

XxJULESxX

love this! another gorgeous creation Laura!

Regina Easter

wow wow, it came out amazing...seems like a lot of work, but sure is amazing...hugs

Holly AKA KopyKat

Wow, that is so fabulous, I love the design and the dp you used, the images and cutouts are fabulous. LOVE THIS!!!

Tina M

This is a BEUATIFUL CARD!! I love all the detals you did ! Amazing :)
tfs

Post a Comment