Sunday, November 25, 2012

Elisabeth Bell's World - Guest Designer

Hi Stampers!

Before I get to the Sensational Sunday Inspirations Post I wanted to share with you my Guest Designer Project for this month's Elisabeth Bell's World Challenge. This month the challenge is a Different Fold Technique and you were supposed to create a non-traditional style of card. I decided to tackle a Double Zig Zag because I wanted to use a card fold that I could showcase a few different stamps. This is my first time trying this style of card but I was really happy with how my project turned out :) I followed the tutorial from Mariannes Papirverden

Sorry for all the pictures, but it was the best way to let you see each area, this card style is kind of tough to take pictures of - LOL!


Here is my card closed. You create a band that wraps around the card to hold it shut. The sentiment that I used is from Paper Smooches Little Lady stamp set.


After removing the band this first opening reveals my first image that I used. I wanted to play with some of my Elisabeth Bell stamps that I have had for a looooong time and haven't inked up for awhile. All of the images I used were originally purchased from Sugar Nellie stamps, but they do not carry these anymore and a few of the images have been relicensed and are available from Elphine House Australia. This image is called Hug In a Mug. I added two silver glitter snowflakes with a rhinestone in the center for some bling.


Tucked behind my Hug In a Mug image on the right side I added this image which is one you can still get at Elphine House Australia and it is now called Danny Boy Jingle Bells. This tucks in behind the Hug In a Mug image so when it is closed like in the picture above you don't see it.


Here is my card fully opened and now you can see my center panel that contains another image that is available at Elphine House Australia called Ebony Christmas Snowflakes.

Here is a closer look at her:


She is one of my favorite Elisabeth Bell images - so pretty!

The center flap opens up and you see my final image that I used that is called Christmas Kisses.


The bird is part of the image but hangs right over their head. I wanted to add some punchies using my Martha Stewart Medium Branch Punch so I masked it and stamped it higher. I just hand wrote the inside sentiment.

I colored all of my images using Spectrum Noir Alcohol Ink Markers. My Designer Paper is from a retired Stampin Up! set that I had left.

I enjoyed creating this special fold card and have some ideas for some new ones. My husband had a brilliant idea for one so I will have to try his idea once I get the right stamps :) I will keep it a secret and just show you once it is done :)

I hope you enjoyed my Guest Designer Project for Elisabeth Bell's Challenge Blog! I had a lot of fun creating this and I hope I have inspired you to play along in their challenge this month!

Thanks for stopping by!
Laura

Pin It

I will be entering this in the following challenges:

Come and Get It Challenges - More Than 1 Fold
Stampin Sisters in Christ - #167 Christmas Card
Stamptacular Sunday - #191 - Winter Bliss
Addicted to Stamps - #44 Christmas Time
The Corrosive Challenge Blog - #163 Anything Goes
Hiding In My Craft Room - #73 - Christmas
Little Claire's Designs - #27 Christmas
Paper Creator's Crafts - Challenge #1 All About Christmas
Totally Gorjuss - #159 - Don't Be a Square
Christmas Cards All Year Round - November Challenge Shaped Cards
OOZAK - Challenge #8 Winter Vibes
One Crazy Stamper - November Challenge - Anything Goes
Christmas Stampin' all Year Long - CSAYL #37 - To Die 4
Aud Sentiments - Challenge 68 - BINGO - Use Word "Merry", Bling, & Die Cut
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - November Challenge - Winter

26 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat

This is so fabulous and amazing, I love the images and the colors and your coloring. The design is so great. Wow! It's a Wow card.

Marcy

OMG Laura, This is incredible! Looks like a lot of work and comes out so beautiful! i'd love to try this technique. Great job!

Suzanne

love the zig zag design thank you for sharing at stamptacular this week

Céline

fab card, love the design
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday tilda's town this week
hugs
céline

Danielle C

Such a fun card! Love the style and you have decorated it beautifully! Love the images, especially "Hug in a Mug"! Thanks for joining us this week at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge and good luck!
Danielle:)

Miesje

This is really pretty! I love the design and the layout! Great job! Thanks for joining us at SSiC.

Madge H.

Very lovely card, with a pile of work! Thank you for sharing your inspiration with us at One Crazy Stamper. Great card!

Lisa xx

Oh wow, this is completely stunning, well done you! Thank you for joining in with aud sentiments xx

Elizabeth Hart

Oh Goodness - this is just fabulous and so much to look at with all your great details. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge.

Crea-Sandra

Fabulous card! Love all the images!
Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments!
Hugs xx Sandra

Judy McKay

Nice design. Great images and interesting details. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get It this week.

Bettina L.

Wow this is absolutely stunning. Love that folding teqnique you've used and the design with the borderpunch work, colours and snowflakes. Thanks for playing at Totally Gorjuss and good luck. Hope to see you back saturday for another challenge.Bettina xx

Kristine

WOW, this is over-the-top GORGEOUS and so unique with all the folds and sections. LOVE IT!! Beautiful digis and coloring too! Thank you for joining us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ this week. Many blessings be yours this Christmas season.
~kris

Jenscrapstoo

Super Adorable!! Such sweet images and the design is fabulous!! Such a lovely Christmas Card. Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
Cheers Jennie DTM
Jenscrapstoo

cabio's craft corner

Beautiful and sweet folds. Lovely coloring and images. Thank you for joining us at Oozak Challenge and hope to see you again for the next ones :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Nicole

Such a lovely and fab creation!! Gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining us at ATSC. Good luck. Hugs, Nicole

Beverly

Nice folding! can tell you put alot of thought into this card. Glad you joined us at Come and Get It...

Ann

Adorable card, I love all the images included. I have blog candy if your interested, details here, http://theantiquewardrobe.blogspot.com/2012/11/christmas-blog-candy.html

theneon

nothing else to say but "WoW" -- and congrats on the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Shining Star"

Suzette

Sijmply adorable, many thanks for joining us at stamptacular challenge.

Hugs
Suzette

Dawn Frost

Congratulations on your Stampin' Sisters in Christ win!

Olivia

Did I tell this one was an AMAZING creation. Thanks for joining us at EB world Hallenge.

Pami

Just fantastic!! Thanks for joining us at EBW this month!! Pami x

Janneke

What a beautiful card ;o)
Thank you for joning us at EBWCB this month ;o)

Mary Lou

WOwwie Laura~~Superbly amazing.....you win with the most folds :)
So glad to have you join us as Guest this month!!! Thanks for playiing along at EBWorld!!
Happy Holidays!!!

Laserwrite Promotions

This is stunning work
I love your cards the are awesome

Post a Comment