Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Thankful For You

Hi Stampers!

Today is Tuesday which means a new Loves Rubberstamps Blog Challenge! This week our theme is Thanksgiving. Here is what I came up with for my Design Team Inspiration project...


For my project, this image is actually a little witch but I cut the pointy end of the hat off and made it look like she has a fancy straw hat instead of a witch hat.  This adorable little "witch" is from Sweet Pea Stamps Elisabeth Bell Collection and is called Wispy Willow with Pumpkin. I thought it was so cute I wanted to use it for more than just Halloween! I colored her using Spectrum Noir markers.



My vertical panel is made by stamping the Food Word Collage Stamp from Impression Obsession multiple times to make my own background paper. My other papers that I used are from the Bo Bunny Apple Cider 6x6 paper pack.

The flower I had made about 6 months ago and it has been sitting on my desk staring at me with it's one pearl wondering if I would ever use it on a project. Well, I finally found the right one for it :) I had come across a video showing how to make a melted satin ribbon flower and had to try it right that second so that is how this flower came to be. I think they are really cool looking so I will be making some more. Here is a close up of my flower...



I accented my card with some flourishes cut from glitter paper for a touch of bling using My Favorite Things Die-Namics Fancy Flourish Die. My sentiment is from the My Favorite Things Pure Innocence Collection - Turkey Time. The layout that I used is from Sketchy Colors:


Hope you will play along with us this week!
Happy Stampin!
Laura

Pin It

I will be entering this in the following challenges:

Sketchy Colors - Week 139 - Sketch Challenge
Elphine House - Autumn/Fall Colors
Elisabeth Bell's World - Glimmer, Shimmer & Shine
Crafty Cardmakers - Challenge 79 More than 1 punch or die-cut
Ribbon Carousel - Giving Thanks/ Fall

14 comments:

Unknown

Oh my goodness, this is lovely. I love the sweet image, it is coloured beautifully.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week

Hugs
Betty

Anonymous

Oh wow is this ever precious!! Love that darling image and your coloring is stunning!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Elphine House Challenges! Hope that you will join us again in the next challenge and good luck! Smiles and Hugs - *Vicki* ~ DT member

Dangina Martinez

How sweet is this? Love the adorable image and coloring. I have to say that sure is a gorgeous flower.
Tons of Hugs, Dangina

Audhild

Your card is gorgeous. Beautiful coloring of the image.
Thank you for joining the EHA challenge

Hugs, Audhild

CraftinGranny

Wonderful coloring, great sketch, and that image is so adorable. Great job on your ribbon flower. Those are so fun to make. Thanks for joining us at EHA and we hope to see you back for the next challenge. "Hugs"

Holly AKA KopyKat

OMGosh you are genious cutting off the top of her hat and making her work for two holidays! I love this!!! That flower is so beautiful and your card design with this sketch is fabulous. Love it!

Josephine

This is so sweet - love the design!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Janneke

What a beautiful card is this ;o)
Thank you for joining us at Elphine House Australia.

Jacqueline Smith

Laura,
This card is so fabulous, love the colouring job and all the details on your card! Fantastic!

Dangina Martinez

I would like to Thank You all your wonderful comments and for becoming a follower. It means a lot to me.
Tons is Hugs, Dangina

Mary Lou

WOW Laura--this is ever so sweet!!! Greeat idea with altering her hat....I love inspiration of that kind!!:) Hey congrats on your winning at EBWorld last month and GREAT to see you playing along again:D Best of luck
Hugz

Lena Katrine

So cute and beautiful! Thank you so much for entering our sketch challenge at Sketchy Colors this week!
Hugs, Lena Katrine

alethea

Fabulous Thanksgiving Card!! Thanks for joining us at EBW! HUgsxx

Pysselbus

Absolutely stunning!! Love the take on the sketch as well!! Thank you for sharing it with us at EBW!

Hugs
Linda

Post a Comment