Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Paper Beads

Hi Stampers!

Today I have a fun Design Team project to share with you for The Cutting Cafe. This week we were to use the Paper Beads Set and the Jewelry Holder Set files. Now I have never in my life made a paper bead so I was excited to try these out. I ended up creating a bracelet with a Christmas feel.


My Paper beads are the red ones with the Merry Christmas print. I paired these with some various regular beads to create this bracelet. This was my first time making a piece of jewelry so I had a hard time figuring out how to finish it with the clasp and had really no clue what type of wire, or cord or what kind of supplies I needed to make something like this. I tried searching for some videos on it and then came across some really good ones... AFTER ... I totally winged my way through this - LOL!

I love how these colors look together and how my beads turned out. I plan on making quite a few more of these now that I know how I am supposed to really put them together :) I want to get some made for Christmas gifts so as soon as I get more made I will share them with you.

The cool thing about the paper bead file that Regina created is that there are LOTS of different shapes you can make, and tall and short beads too. I want  to make one of each type so I have them for reference.

Here is a picture of my bracelet in my Jewelry Holder box. This is the long box for necklaces or bracelets. The insert piece is supposed to be the whole length of the box but the paper I wanted to use was a tad shorter so I had to adjust it.


I hope you liked my bracelet :) I do have to forewarn you...once you try this you will be hooked and you will want to make lots more! I know I will be :)

Be sure to visit The Cutting Cafe Blog to see all the jewelry the other Design team ladies created! We saw a sneak peek at a couple that were just gorgeous so I know you will be in for a treat today!

Thanks for stopping by!
Laura

Pin It


4 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat

Wow, love the bracelet and holder, these are so great!

Regina Easter

this is soooooooooooo pretty...perfect for all my daughters friends...love it

Anonymous

Neeԁ hosting? Get the top deals at httρ://hosting.

top-іnformаtіon.net/
My web page > Baby Weight Belly Blaster : Lose Your Belly Pooch - BEXLIFE - lose baby weight diet and exercise plan

jelly andrews

I love this. This is really cute. So nice! This would make a perfect gift.
BajulImports.com

Post a Comment