Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Turkey Table Manners

Hi Stampers!

Today I want to share with you my design team project for The Cutting Cafe! This week we are getting ready to prepare for Thanksgiving and Regina asked us to showcase a few of her super cute Thanksgiving files. Now you know me... I usually can't just pick one because they are too cute and today is no different - LOL!

I wanted to make a cute wall hanging for my Thanksgiving decor. Since this Holiday is all about family, being thankful for all the blessings in your life, good food and family gatherings ... I thought it would be fun to make a sign to remind of us of good table manners.... turkey style!




That super cute Turkey is made by paper piecing the turkey pieces from Regina's Turkey Shaped Card. The only thing I did different was adding different eyes. The "Did Someone Say Turkey" sentiment is from the Thanksgiving Day printable stamp set.

To make the bottom part of my wall hanging I used the Gobble Shaped word card and matching sentiment. Instead of making a folded card - I just cut the card in half and paper pieced the letters on top. I used some hemp twine to make it hang from the top piece.

Most of the designer papers that I used are from the Authentique Paper pack called Thankful.
My "Turkey Table Manners" are computer generated.

Here are close up pictures of the top half and the bottom half so you can get a better look!


And here is a better look at the Bottom Half!



I hope you enjoyed my project today as much I wall enjoy it hanging on my wall :)

Be sure to visit The Cutting Cafe Blog and see what my fellow design team members created for an extra blast of inspiration!! Regina also gives away prizes so be sure and leave a comment while you are there!

Have a great day all!
Laura

Pin It

I will be entering this in the following challenges:
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Clearly Inspired Challenges - #63 - Critters
Pause Dream Enjoy - #44 - Orange & Brown
Sweet 'N Sassy - SNSDC78 - Anything But a Card
Wags 'N Whiskers - #91 Fall Colours
Divas by Design - #60 - Let's Get Cute
Ruby's Rainbow Challenges - #41 - Birds
Scrapalicious - Happy Fall Y'all
The Ribbon Carousel - Fall Spirit
The Stamping Boutique - Challenge #57 Fall
Tuesday Alchemy - Anything But a Card
Eureka Stamps - #13 - Thanksgiving
Kaboodle Doodles - #144 Anything Goes
Love to Create - Challenge #40 - Shades of Autumn
Paper Playtime - #88 Autumn Colors
Tammy's Scrapin Corner - #35 Anything Fall
The Crafty Pad - #195 - Anything Goes
Crazy 4 Challenges - C4C161 - Anything But a Card
My Sheri Crafts - Challenge 97 Fall

28 comments:

Regina Easter

ugh ugh ugh.............is this not the cutest or what..........ackkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk love it

Lydia

oh my gosh laura this is fab xxx he is so darn cute xxxxx and yep i'm baaaaack!!!

Katie Skiff

This is so fun. Ilove that font on the Gobble. It looks great!! ♥

Jeri

This is the most adorable Thanksgiving wall decor I've ever seen. In fact, I just have to make some for friends because I know they'll love them. Thanks so much for the inspiration.

Jeri (DT Team)

Unknown

oh I love this little turkey, This is so super cute.
I really love it.
Thank you for your entry this week. Remember to be chosen for a prize you must be a follower of the challenge blog. Please come back next week.
Hugs
Tammy Ortiz
Founder of
Tammy Scrapin Corner

Sunshine HoneyBee

Like the whimsiness of your Turkey creation. Such a cute face on your Turkey. Thanks for entering the Pause Dream Enjoy Orange & Brown challenge.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
PDE DT Group B

Brodders

Great idea :) Thanks for playing along with us at PTW - Jane x

Holly AKA KopyKat

OMGosh this is so cute, love the colors and the great design and now I have identified what exacally that is sticking to my thighs, lol.

CraftyGirl

Oh My Goodness this is one of the cutest cards. Love that turkey (not sure I could eat him) LOL. Your rules are so funny. I must have had too much gravy... Thank you for playing along this week at The Stamping Boutique. Good luck in the challenge and I hope to see you in the next challenge.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl TSB DT
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

Wendy L

What a great card, thanks for joining us at Love to Create. xxx

Anonymous

This is perfect for Thanksgiving!!! What a super, cute idea!!! Thank you for joining us at The Stamping Boutique for our Fall Challenge. We hope you will be joining us in future challenges as well. Good Luck~Patti TSB DT

Glenda

Wonderful Thanksgiving wall hanging! Such a cute turkey! Thanks for sharing with us at My Sheri Crafts!

Unknown

This is so cute!! Love it! Thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge.
Z

Wendy

Oh I just love your wall hanging...it is just the cutest! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Alchemy Challenge this week!
Wendy, DT

jackiescrafts

What a great idea this is great
Thank you for joining in at Rubys rainbows this time

Jackie x

Tracy

Just brilliant, so cute !!!

Thank you for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week x

Basslady

this is so awesome!

thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Stephanie

What a cute project. You did a great job paper piecing...I love paper piecing. :) Thanks for playing along in this week's Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Challenge. We hope you'll join us again for our next challenge.

shaz earl

Fabulous creation!

Thank you for joining in the fun at Ruby's Rainbow for our * Birds * challenge

Hope you will join us again soon
Hugs Shaz x

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~

PMSL this is a classic! I love it and so creative! Thank you for linking up and playing along with us this week at The Crafty Pad Challenge : ) P.S. I have Santa’s Candy on my blog !

crafty-stamper

Fantastic wall hanging love the turkey and the rules thanks for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner
Carol DT x

Cynthia

Such a fun wall hanging! Very creative. Thanks for playing along with this week's Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Challenge!

Archana Joshi

What a cool idea. Love it. Thanks for joining us at Tammyscrapincorner this week.
Hugs,
Archana

Sassy Raggedy

HaHaHa...Love this...I need it at my table...Thanks for sharing with us this week at Eureka Challenges. Hope to see you again next week as well. joann sassy raggedy

Anonymous

A fabulous project, love the sweet little turkey...thanks for joining us at Divas!
Helen x

KelliJo

Laura this made me GIGGLE... First off the Gobble card cut in half is GENIOUS... but the RULES??? YEa ummm, STILL chucking to myself over here!!!!

Thanks for playing along with The Ribbon Carousel Crew

Shea

OK, this made me laugh out loud. LOVE those rules, and the turkey is a hoot! Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Alchemy!

Deanne Saunders

Oh so cute!!! LOVE the rules!!! Funny stuff! Thanks for participating in our LOVE TO CREATE challenge!!
~DEANNE~

Post a Comment