Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Bling Baby .... Yeah!

Hi Stampers!

Wanna giggle? Picture Austin Powers saying my title... We got BLING BABY...YEAH!! ...LOL! That is totally what I do when I say it to myself - LOL! Today is a new Loves Rubberstamps Blog Challenge! This week the theme is... BLING BABY! All you need to do is create a project with some bling on it! Who doesn't love sparkles, glitter, gems...all those fun things...NO ONE! So come play along!

Here is my card that I created for inspiration...



For this card I used the Winter Fairy from the Wee Stamps Collection from Whimsy Stamps. After coloring her with my Spectrum Noir Alcohol Ink Markers I used pink glitter glue over her clothes. I also added Liquid Applique on her clothing trim and sprinkled dazzling diamonds on it before heating. There are some dazzling diamonds on the snowflakes in the sky. My other little snowballs are tiny pearls.To create her wings I used irridescent ice on vellum. I am not too sure about my little bird LOL! I had him all colored red and then after I had the rest of my panel done, decided to try and make him look like a baby cardinal.  I added a little black to his face and now it looks like his little face is just dirty instead of like a little cardinal - LOL! Oh well...live and learn... and give your OOP's cards to your Mom! The snowflakes and the sentiment are from the Chillin' stamp set from Tattered Angels.

I also used for the first time mica flakes for the snow. These I think are a bugger to use! I had them stuck all over my fingers - LOL! But they do make a nice chunky, sparkly snow!

Here is a close up of my little fairy so you can see the sparkles...



See my little dirty bird face? LOL! This card is super sparkly and glittery so at least that distracts you a little from the little dirty bird! At least he is cute though :)

For my layout I used this week's Sketch Saturday Layout #228.


I hope you get a chance to show us your blinged out projects and play along in our challenge this week!

While you are here leave a comment on our Sensational Sunday Post and you could win a gift certificate to our store... Loves Rubberstamps! This is a new Sunday feature!

Also be sure to check back here tomorrow because I will have not only my Design Team Project for The Cutting Cafe... but I was also selected as the GUEST DESIGNER for this week's WHIMSY STAMPS CHALLENGE! Super excited about that! So you can see my project that I created for that too!

Happy Stampin All!
Laura

Pin It

I will be entering this card into the following challenges:

Sketch Saturday - Week #228 Sketch
Craft Your Passion Challenges - #131 Hip to be Square
Stamp and Create - October Challenge - Winter Wonderland
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Pink, Pearls & Lace
Incy Wincy Designs - Anything Goes
Jingle Belles - Pink Christmas...For the Cure
Simon Says Stamp - Glitter & Sparkles
Charisma Cardz Challenge - #39 Badda Bing! Bling
Delightful Challenges - Winter Holiday
Paper Play Challenges - Shine on

9 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat

Oh that is exciting news, can't wait to see whatcha make! Love this cute whimsey. I think if you just go all black where the lines are on a cardinal that will work for you. Cool that you tried this though. Love the mica flakes snow and you have inspired me to unpack my unused stuff from last year, lol. She is so adorable with her glittered up outfit. Love it.

Anonymous

Love all the bling on your card and the image is so cute. It´s really sweet card. Thank you for playing us at Incy Wincy Challenge!
Kaia, DT

Marcy

Wow, love this Laura! I loved how you really added so much detail with the mica flakes, dazzling diamonds and pearls. You added so much detail! :) Very cute card and the little baby bird is cute !:)

SmilynStef

Love all of the glittery snowy sparkle ... so glad you went pink for the cure with us at jingle belles.

Sarah

Stunning card, love your layout and sweet image, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz,, hugs, Sarah x

Jan Hennings

This is absolutely gorgeous and LOVE the colors!

~ginny

"You dirty bird!!" Sounds like and old gangster movie! You are right, all the pink bling on your winter fairy distracts me from his little face, I never noticed to tell the truth! I especially like the teeny pearl snowflakes in that really well done sky!
Glad you are playing the "Hip to be Square" Challenge with us - and I hope I see you again next week at Craft Your Passion!

~ginny
CYP Design Team
RubberMAD
www.ggetty.blogspot.com

Unknown

Hey Laura, love your card. I adore this image and love all the sparkle. Thanks for joining the challenge at Sketch Saturday this week. Best wishes, Trish x

lauren bergold

♥bling baby, YEAH♥ for sure!!! love all of the texture and sparkle on your super-fun super-fab holiday card! thanks for dreaming of a ♥PINK♥ christmas with us at JINGLE BELLES!

Post a Comment