Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Carmel Apple Yummy-Ness!

Hi Stampers!

Today is my inspiration day for The Cutting Cafe! This week Regina let us choose what file we wanted to use for our project! One of the first files that caught my eye when I visited The Cutting Cafe store for the first time were Regina's super cute Apple files. Every year, when my Grandpa was alive, he would make his famous caramel apples for the adults (AKA - his grandkids) when we would bring our children to his house for Trick-or-Treat night! That way the adults would get treats too :) So this time of year it brings back those treasured memories and makes me crave yummy caramel apples! When I saw the Apple shaped projects in the store I knew that I wanted to make some yummy caramel dipped apples!


The card on the left uses the Apple Shaped Card file and the little treat box on the right is the Apple Treat Box. Both of my apple bases are cut from Cherry Cobbler cardstock and sponged to create definition. To create my yummy caramel drippy... sticky... goo pieces...I cut an extra apple template in both sizes on a piece of cardstock and then used a pencil to hand draw the drips and then cut it out as a pattern. Each of the caramel pieces are cut from More Mustard cardstock and the trick to making them look all caramely is to sponge them with matching ink. You need to sponge pretty heavily all the way around including all of the drips. Then you just take a white gel pen and create the highlights to make it look shiny. My sticks are leftover scrap pieces from my basketweave project that I did a couple of weeks ago for another Cutting Cafe project. I have a hard time throwing anything away...especially little scraps of paper because you just never know when they will come in handy :) I just rounded the edges and whaa-laaa...a stick!



My Caramel Apple Treat Box was super easy to put together. Regina does a wonderful job making the files easy to use, even for those like myself that don't have a cutting machine, and the instructions are easy to follow.

I wanted the inside of my box to be finished so I lined the inside and the outside pieces of my box using the gorgeous apple printed paper that is in the Bo Bunny Apple Cider 6x6 Paper Pack....I love this paper! I am going to have to get a few extra packs to hoard...LOL!

I also wanted my treat box to be a little different than my larger card so I added the "Sweet Friend" sentiment from the Apple of My Eye stamp set from Flourishes. This cute little girl is Chloe from the Little Cottage Cuties line from Whimsy Stamps. She was the perfect height for the box and her outfit matched too! I colored her with Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers, except for the hair which was done with prismacolor pencils and a stampin up close to cocoa marker. Now believe it or not...there are some Werther's caramel apple sugar free candies inside this box! They are super yummy...just like a real caramel apple...so they won't be in there long :)


                     

Here is a closer look at the larger Apple Shaped Card. I love how this turned out...looks good enough to eat... don't you think?


Here is the inside of the apple card. I cut an apple using the template on very vanilla cardstock. Then I just trimmed off about 3/8" all the way around the apple following the template so it would be a little smaller than the base. I used a heart punchie mask to sponge in some seeds and the sentiment is from the Flourishes Apple of My Eye stamp set also. The edges of this piece were sponged lightly with early espresso.

Be sure to visit The Cutting Cafe Blog later this afternoon...usually around 4pm or so...to see what files the other Design Team Members used! Regina also draws  one lucky winner each week to win THREE FILES of their choice just for leaving a comment on the Inspiration Post!

One of the challenges I am entering this in is the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge to make something inspired by this yummy photograph...



I was inspired by the colors, the fall theme and that you can eat it! I hope I didn't make you too hungry between these yummy cupcakes and my caramel apple projects...LOL!

Have a great day all!
Laura
Pin It

I will be entering this into the following challenges:

Crafty Creations - #190 - Fall Colors
Fab'N'Funky Challenges - #141 - No Patterned Paper
7 Kids College Fund - #57 - Fall is in the Air - 2nd Entry
Stampavie and more - #178 Halloween
Whimsy Stamps - Anything Goes
Bearly Mine Challenges - #55 - Halloween
Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog - #135 Let's Think About Fall - 2nd Entry
Use It Tuesdays - #40 - Use Your Scraps
Eureka Stamps - #8 Friendship
Hooked on Craft - Halloween
Paper Pretties Monday - Fall Inspiration
There She Goes - No Patterned Paper
Amusing Challenges - Anything Goes - 2nd Entry
Catered Crop - Halloween - Fall & Harvest - 2nd Entry
Pile It On - For a Child
Ink on My Fingers - #225 What Makes You Happy
Cupcake Inspirations - Challenge #180 - Photograph
A Gem of a Challenge - For The Girls
Catch the Bug Challenge - Seasonal - Harvest - 2nd Entry
Challenge Up Your Life - #79 Candy Wrap
Dynamic Duos - Cherry Cobbler + 1 other color of choice
My Sheri Crafts - Apple or a Pumpkin - 2nd Entry
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards - Sweet Treats
Elisabeth Belle's World - Autumn Colors Challenge

31 comments:

bumblebee creations

I love this combo! Yum yum!!

Katie Skiff

Oh my this is yummy - I could eat that apple!! Great job!!

Regina Easter

i SWEAR this looks good enough to eat........to stinkin cute...oh my goodness

Susan Byington

This is absolutely adorable! I really thought the caramel portion was covered with Crystal Effects! Very nice job highlighting. I think I will have to try to CASE this project! TFS!

Holly AKA KopyKat

Wow, you showcased these apple shapes so brilliantly, love the drippy carmel that you drew in by hand....talented! The colors are perfect and I love the cute little apple pickin gal you put on, so perfect with these. Love it!

Tina

WOW this is so cute, almost good enouph to eat...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

Tina
sweetie dt

Marge

Oh, I totally want that caramel apple -- YUM! LOVE how you did it; it looks sooo real!!! Thanks for sharing with us @ My Sheri Crafts!

Unknown

This card is SOOO adorable!! I love it! Thanks for joining us at Use It Tuesday!

Lydia

Just too cute xx love the extra drippy bits... Feel quite hungry now lol xx

Nannieflash

Gorgeous shape card and a cute image, but I dont think it qualifys as a Halloween card. Thanks for joining us at Bearlymine, and I hope you will come back again next week. hugs Shirleyxxxx

Anonymous

LOVE your projects! Making me hungry for Halloween treats - LOL. ;-) Beautiful work. Glad you could join Dynamic Duos this week. ;-)

jkreucher

Oh! I agree, this does look good enough to eat! the caramel looks yummy!
Fall and apples go together for sure! I love seeing fun shaped cards!
thanks for joining us for the Sassy Cheryl Think Fall Challenge this week!
Judy

Kristie Maynard

What a sweet card! No pun intended! lol Thanks for playing along in the Eureka! Stamps challenge this week.

Debbie

What a fabulous card...so 'sweet'. Thank you for joining us at CC&CC this time.
Debbie x

Pink Room Therapy Designs

WOW! What a sweet little card & gift box. Love the drippy caramel! Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug this week!

Hels Sheridan

Mmm, yep, mouthwateringly hungry! love the apple, too cute! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

Tracy

This is awesome! Until I read you post I thought you had added some type of gloss to the caramel. You really created the shiny effect beautifully. Thanks so much for sharing this great project with us at TSG!

Cheryl First

Wow! Wow! Wow! That is so cute! I love your adorable image that you added to this super sweet caramel apple treat box! Super duper job!
Thanks so much for joining us this week for the Catch the Bug Challenge! Hope to see you again!

((HUGS))
Cheryl First
aka Cafexpressions
DT Member for Bugaboo Stamps

Torico

Wow wow!!! What gorgeous projects! They look soooooooo yummy!!
Thank you for joining this weeks TSG challenge.:)

Marcy

Laura, I love this! It looks so yummy! :) I need to try out that technique! :) Hugs, Marcy

craftyb

Your projects are just delightful! So sooooo sweet! Love the cute image and rich colours, and the sentiment works so perfectly! Thanks for sharing with us at crafty creations challenges! bx

Sarah

Such a great project! I love your coloring and that apple is super fun! Thanks for sharing with us at Eureka Stamps!

Chris

Another cute template card :) I appreciate you playing along with my Amusing Challenges this week.

BethieJ

DARLING project! That caramel apple looks good enough to eat!
Thanks for joining us last week at PIO!!
Have a GREAT day!

Unknown

Oh my gosh, so adorable! Thanks so much for joining us at 7 kids College fund!

Raquel

This is about the cutest fruit project I've seen. I love love your caramel apples! You can bet I will be scrap-lifting this in the future. Thanks for sharing this at My Sheri Crafts

Sandra

i love it!
Your apple is so beautiful!

Thanks for joining us at Challenge up your life
XXX

RoseC

Ooo, Laura . . . your beautifully colored apple Chloe image looks fabulous on this gorgeous apple-shaped treat box. Oh my, this is a fabulously detailed and memorable set of delicious treats. So glad to see your entry at the Elisabeth Bell’s World “Autumn Colors” Challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose

Donna Mosley

Gorgeous card Laura, thanks for joining us at AGOAC.

Donna x

alethea

Wow, this is so sweet!!! Thanks for joining us at EBW for our autumn challenge! HUgsxx

Unknown

This is so cute. Love the image and shape of your card. Thank you for joining us at Hooked on Crafts this month. xx

Post a Comment