Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Signs you are TOO OLD....

to Trick or Treat!

That is the theme of my card for our Loves Rubberstamps Challenge this week! Our challenge is to use the Out of The Box Technique which is really fun. We also have a special guest sponsor this week... KennyK so our Design Team all used his fun images for our inspirational creations :) I love KennyK and we do carry his rubber stamps in our store!

When I first saw this super cute Trixxie Treat digi stamp from KennyK I immediately thought...Whoa! She looks a tad grown up to be out Trick or Treating...LOL! So my card theme was born!


For my card background I used another one of the KennyK Digi Stamps called Haunted House. I just colored in some of the white areas and sponged some Daffodil Delight for my sky. It is hard to read on the picture but on the tombstone I hand wrote the name: Myra Mains in white Gel Pen.

My Trixxie Treat panel uses the Out of the Box Technique where her legs come out of the bottom of my oval die cut. I colored my Trixxie using Spectrum Noir Alcohol Ink Markers and I had printed her out on the Crafter's Companion Ultra Smooth White Cardstock.

Here is a close up of Trixxie...


I wanted the background behind her to look kind of like a moon so I sponged Daffodil Delight and then Pumpkin Pie inks around the oval die. They are both from Stampin Up! I popped this panel up on dimensionals.

Here is a look at the inside of my card which features the "Signs"


Here is a closer look at the Joke


The "Joke" is computer generated. The Happy Halloween sentiment is from the stamp set that comes with the My Favorite Things Die-Namics Spider Web & Matching Stamp Set. I stamped this sentiment using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.

My Designer Paper is from the Enchanted 6x6 Paper Pack by Authentique. This has some gorgeous designs that can be used for a lot more than just Halloween themed projects!

I hope you got a chuckle out of my card today :) Come play along in our Out Of The Box Challenge! We would love to see your project!

Don't forget to ENTER OUR BLOG CANDY GIVEAWAY... we will be drawing a winner on Sunday!

Happy Stampin all!
Laura

Pin It

I am entering this into the following challenges:

Party Time Tuesdays - PTT #90 - Color Inspiration Photograph
Sassy Cheryl's - Orange & Black
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Fright Night...Boo
Eureka Stamps - Challenge #10 - Halloween
Forever Friends - Challenge #47 - Halloween/Autumn
Hooked on Craft Challenges - October Challenge - Halloween
Lexi's Creations - Halloween
Love to Create Challenge Blog - Trick or Treat or Something Sweet
The Cutie Pie Challenge - Halloween
There She Goes - Challenge 177 - Fall Fun/Halloween
Dream Valley Challenges - #43 - Halloween
Scrapper's Delights Challenges - Halloween
All Sorts Challenge Blog - #176 Too Cute To Spook
Challenge Up Your Life - Autumn/Halloween
Crafty Calendar - All Things Spooky October Challenge
Crazy 4 Challenges - Halloween Sweet Treats
Just Some Lines - Too Cute To Spook
My Sheri Crafts - #96 - Halloween
Card Makin Mamas - Halloween/spooky

20 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat

OMGosh two images in one card and a fabulous out of the box! You rocked this challenge!!! Love the colors and the great design. The inside cracks me up and I can so relate to 3 out of 5 of those signs, lol. Love this.

Marcy

Fantastic card Laura and I loved how you used the 2 images! You did a great job with the "Out of the Box" technique! I love the "Moon" look and all the colors you chose! Those signs are so funny! Love it! :) Marcy

Sassy Raggedy

Wonderful card. I love the colors and the design. Image is great. Inside is so funny.

Thanks so much for joining us this week for our "Trick or Treat or Something Sweet" Challenge at Love to Create. We would love to have you join us again next week as well. joann sassy raggedy

brenda

What a fabulous haunted house Laura, you've created real Halloween atmosphere in your lovely card.

Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Debs

Fabulous card Laura - perfectly cute Halloween card - love the inking around the image.
Thanks for playing along at Allsorts this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Tammy

Oh my gosh this is awesome Laura!! I love that image and your fabulous coloring! The inside is sooo funny, and true! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calender this month!
Tammy x

Caro-ART

Fantastic Halloween card,very sexy image :)
Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this fortnight at Dream Valley.
Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!
Caro

Tracy

I really like the way you used the oval behind the image and the spooky house scene. Great effect! Thanks so much for joining us this week at TSG!

Sarah

Such a fantastic Halloween card Laura! Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week x

Sharon

This is a fabulous card laura. Love the haunted house and the image which is beautifully coloured. Thank you for sharing this with us at Dream Valley.
Hugs Sharon. x

Bubleeing Colors

This is beautiful--love the wonderful colors and the papers you used & design too........Thanks for joining us at Just Some Lines!!!

SOMA
Just Some Lines (DT)

Chris (catt871)

WOW! This is gorgeous!!!! I love the inside of the card...so funny! THANKS for joining us at Love to Create this week!
Hugs,
Chris

Nickmalolle

Hi your card so so sweet. Thank you to play with CUYL.

Crafty and Green

Hey Laura! Fantastic Card!!! Great Image!!
Thanks so much for joining us this week for our "Trick or Treat or Something Sweet" Challenge at Love to Create. Please Come back and play with us again soon!!

Many Blessings,
Tina

Ann English

What a fun card! Love the sentiment, too!
Thank you for joining us this week for the challenge at Sassy Cheryl's!

ddazzled71

This is just adorable I love the spooky haunted house background and your fun sentiment! Thanks so much for joining us at PTT this past week!
Danie xx

Sandra

I love your card!!
thanks for joining us atChallenge up your life

XXX

Glenda

Wonderful Halloween card! Thanks for sharing with us at My sheri Crafts!

Evelina Wikberg

Fab image. Lovely background and papers.Thanks for joining us at CMM. Hugs Eva xx

Unknown

Wow this is really fabulous, love the image and background castle :) Thank you for joining us at Hooked on Crafts this month. xx

Post a Comment