Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A... BIG... FAT...HAIRY... SPIDER! EEEEKKK!!

Hi Stampers!

It's Wednesday which means it is my day to post a project for The Cutting Cafe! This week Regina gave us the challenge of using one of her spider files to use on a project. We could choose between the Spider Treat Box, the Spiderweb Shaped Card Set, and the Spiders and Their Webs Printable Stamp Set.

I actually used the last two of these on my project!

I have mentioned a few times that one of my FAVORITE projects is to do scrap recipes pages so that is what I did for my project today. This is a 6" x 6" recipe page for a drink called Spider Cider. I was hoping that my cute Stampin Up! Spider Cider stamp would arrive in time to use on my project...and it luckily arrived on Monday :) What I did for my page was create a pocket to place the recipe inside.  I actually cut my paper at 10" x 6" and scored at 4" to fold the flap up to create the pocket.



Here is the page with the recipe placed inside. The large spider is from the Spiderweb Shaped Card Set. I used some extra thick mulberry paper to create the furry spider and sponged the edges to create definition. I tried to add some extra ink around the mouth area for a two toned look. My spider's eyes are a free printable from The Beary Scrap store. The trim pieces on the front of my page are a couple of the borders from the Spiders and Their Webs Printable Stamp Set.

When you pull on the Spider Cider Label, out comes my spooky Coffee Cup Shaped Card that is also available at The Cutting Cafe! The Sentiment on the front of my cup is from the My Favorite Things Die-Namics Web and Matching Stamp Set.



Here is another look at the cup:



When you open the Coffee Cup ... you will see the recipe for making your own Spider Cider!






Here is a closer look at my BIG... FAT... HAIRY... SPIDER!! EEEEEEEK!!!



All of my awesome Designer Paper is from the Authentique - Enchanted Paper Pack... I am LOVING this paper! Going to need some more to hoard ... LOL!

I hope you enjoyed my project today and you will go get some of Regina's adorable spider files! They are super cute and perfect to add to your projects this time of year! Be sure to visit The Cutting Cafe's Inspirational Blog Post and see how the other Design Team Members used their spiders! While you are there leave a comment on the post and you could win your choice of THREE of Regina's awesome files!

Check out my earlier post today too... I was asked to be the Whimsy Stamps Guest Designer for their challenge this week and you can see the project I created for that!

Have a great day all and thanks for stopping by!
Laura

Pin It

I will be entering this into the following challenges:

Deep Ocean Challenge Blog - #36 - Anything Goes
Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes 
Flourishes - Timeless Tuesday #190 - Yummy Treat
Party Time Tuesdays - PTT#89Anything But a Card
Tuesday Alchemy - #35 Anything Goes
Incy Wincy Designs - Anything Goes
Catered Crop - Halloween Screams
Sentimental Sundays - Challenge #123 - Anything Goes
The Paper Players - #116 - Use Cups on Your Project - 2nd Entry
The Poodles Parlour - Halloween - 2nd Entry
QKR Stampede - Halloween Fun Challenge #8 - 2nd Entry
Chalk N Stock - #6 Anything But A Card - Sparkly Chalk used on spiders cheeks and behind the eyes for shading
Crafts and Me - #105 - Anything Goes - 2nd Entry
Divas by Design - #56 - Anything Goes - 2nd Entry
Just Keep On Creating - Anything Goes - 2nd Entry
Penny's Paper Crafty - #97 - Anything But a Card
Stampavie & More - #178 - Halloween

20 comments:

Regina Easter

I seriously don't know to be scared or think this is the cutest furry spider ever....this is one fantastic set...hugs

Lydia

Hahaha that is sooooo clever- love him !!

pinky

Lol this is brilliant, never saw one so hairy before lol,. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week.
Hugs
Pinky

Nazeema Calypso Thompson

SUPER cute!!! I love that spider!!!
And look at those eyes...They are begging to differ on the scary part!! LOL Great creation!! Thanks for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays.

Hugs.
Calypso

Sheryl

This is sooo clever. I love that spider! I can see why you love the papers.
Great to see you at INCY WINCY this week. I do hope we will see you again soon.
Hugs Sheryl xx

Archana

I love your card. Nice cup card to and thanks for the recipe. This is really wonderful idea.
Thanks for joining us at sentimental sundays challenge this week.
hugs,
Archana

Unknown

Love your spider and specially your cup with the recipe :-)
Thanx for sharing at Stampavie and More.
Hugs from Karin

Franz♥

Hi hun! What a cool and original project! Thanks for sharing it with us at Deep Ocean for our Anything goes challenge :)

Hugs, Franz.

Holly AKA KopyKat

EEK! How come I love that big hairy spider! lol. So cute though, it must be the eyes and all that hair, lol. The teacup is fabulous. Great designs!!!

Sarah-Jane

Fantastic, what a brilliant project. I love the spider. Thank you for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
Sarah-Jane xx

Nikki Byrne

Awesome cards Love that spider!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Chalk N Stock this fortnight and good luck!! Hugs

NIKKI DT

Shelley

oh wow I am in love with this piece of work! It is truly fantastic!!
Thank you so much for sharing with us at Tuesday Alchemy
*hugs*
Shell x

LeAnne

Very scary....but so clever! Love your cup of cider and the recipe! Thanks for playing with my challenge with such a unique creation!

Patty

Very cute card..those eyes are too nice to be scary! What a clever idea for a recipe card...love the way you decorated it also! Thands for playing with us at The Poodles Parlour!

Marcy

Very cute recipe card! I am so very scared of spiders but this one is pretty cute I have to say! Thanks for sharing your technique with the Mulberry paper...I will need to give that a try! :) Marcy

Caz

This is lovely, Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments and good luck.

Caz xx CSD DT

Anonymous

This is awesome I LOVE your spider!! how clever! LOVE the cup too! and love well EVERYTHING about it! tehehehe! Great job! Hope you can come and join us next week too at Incy Wincy! hugs Samantha :0)

Unknown

Such a cutie spider - nothing to be scared of! :) Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge Blog this time! Good luck in the Challenge.

Chrizette
DT Member
Celestial Things

dawnmercedes

ooh... I saw this over on the cutting cafe blog and LOVED it!

Deanne Saunders

Ohhh that is a SPOOKY spider but so adorable!!!! Thanks for participating in our PENNY'S PAPER CRAFTY challenge!!
~DEANNE~

Post a Comment