Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Ready for Spring!

Hi Stampers!

We are having quite the windy, snowy, blowy, yucky day here in Iowa! I had to work the overnight shift and this is how my drive home looked at 7:30 this morning....


We had white out conditions and you could only see one line ahead of your car. Luckily, once you were out in the open country it was blowing so hard it wasn't really sticking to the roads so the pavement was mostly clear. There were a few nasty spots still. In town and the east/west roads were awful...totally snow, tire ruts, ice and slush covered! Your car would get pulled and slid everywhere when you were trying to drive. That part wasn't fun! And before you ask...I was stopped when I took this picture with my phone :)

The winds are supposed to stay blowing around 40 mph all day whipping this snow around! Yuck! Good thing it is my bedtime so I don't have to be out in it... at least until I tredge to work tonight - LOL!

Anyway...my card today is much prettier to look at and reminds of a beautiful Spring or Summer day which I am totally ready for - LOL!

This week at The Cutting Cafe we could choose from  four different files - Onesie Shaped Card, Overalls Shaped CardAssorted Crown Shaped Cards or The Butterfly Shaped Card. It was a tough decision this week because these are all such adorable files! I decided to use the Butterfly shaped card and made my Grandma's Birthday card. She was 75 Monday! She is currently battling breast cancer for the second time and will be having to have a masectomy. So I wanted to make her something a little extra special.

Here is my card closed...


I used the Butterfly Shaped Card for my base and then I used the Butterfly - Beautiful Wings Die from Stampin Up! to create a smaller set of wings so I could have a 3D layered butterfly. I did two layers for each size, one in pink pirouette and the other in vellum which I embossed in white with the Take Flight stamp set from Tim Holtz. I will be adding some Tim Holtz stamps to my store this week, including this stamp set :)

The extra special thing about this card is that I created it into an Easel card so Grandma could keep it on display and easily see that beautiful butterfly...


The inside roses hold the butterfly up so it makes it's own stand. I also added a corrugated heart and the banner and sentiment from the Tattered Angels Vintage Seasons Timeless Romance set. My flourish is the My Favorite Things Fancy Flourish Die-Namics. Grandma really loved it :)

I hope you enjoyed it also! Be sure to stop by The Cutting Cafe blog this afternoon and see what my fellow design team members have created! I am sure that as adorable as these files are...there will be a lot of amazing projects!

Thanks for stopping by!
Laura

Pin It

I will be entering this into the following challenges:

11 comments:

Regina Easter

omg thank the Lord you made it safe home...your card is simply beautiful, grandma is gonna love it...I LOVE IT....I will keep your grandma in my prayers....hugs

Annie Rose

Oh my, this butterfly is GORGEOUS! The roses down the center are a perfect touch. I love it! :)

Luvs,
Annie Rose

Angi Barrs

This is so elegant and gorgeous!

Dangina Martinez

I was so going to ask and had to laugh when i seen the answer. That looks like a scene from The Day After Tomorrow. I'm just glad you made it home safely.
Your butterfly is Amazing! I love the emboss and the sweet heart w/ banner.
Hugs, Dangina

Audrey L.

Laura this card is absolutely outstanding! It is very special and I sure your grandmother really appreciated it. I will keep her in my prayers.

Tee

This card is so elegant... Just beautiful. Prayers being said for your Grandma.

Doris E

It is just amazing!!

Carolyn Wolff

So beautiful and delicate. Keeping your Grandma in my thoughts and prayers.

Holly AKA KopyKat

For a minute there I thought you visited the Central Valley in California, we get tule fog that is that bad and often looks like you have a sheet of cloud in front of you. One time I had to open the car door to see the yellow lines to guide me while driving....now why was I driving? lol.
Love this beautiful butterfly card, the design is so fabulous and it's so soft and feminine, your Gramma is going to love it!!!

Deloris

Wow, it's jaw dropping gorgeous! Great job!

Misty Morgan

OH MY GOSH! What a Beautiful butterfly easel card!! I love your papers and embellishments! Simply Gorgeous! I LOVE it! Great job!

Post a Comment