Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Valentine Advent Calendar

Hi Stampers!

Today is my Design Team day for The Cutting Cafe and I have a pretty neat project to share with you :) I apologize that this is later than usual - I was having a heck of a time trying to photograph this to make it look halfway decent. Some colors are just hard for my el cheapo camera to capture and it was too tall for my "homemade" light box. I think I managed to get a few that I could live with anyway :)

This week we were able to choose from The Hersheys Kiss Treat Box, The Hersheys Kiss Shaped Card, or the Heart Bag.

Well...Valentine's Day is also my wedding anniversary and my husband is a chocolate fiend so I decided to try a fun project I found on Qbee's Blog. It is a Valentine's Day Advent Calendar! That way my husband can have a "kiss" from me, in his favorite flavor...chocolate, everyday until Valentine's Day. Plus it serves as a reminder so he doesn't forget what day our Wedding Anniversary is :)



Here is the calendar. I decided to use the Hersheys Kiss Treat Box and just used the top shape to make my calendar topper. I sandwiched a real Hershey's Kiss flag from one that I had to eat for the sake of my project :)

Here is a close up of my calendar topper...



That cute little piggy and sentiment are from the C.C. Designs Animal Crackers stamp set called ... Hogs & Kisses. The glitter paper really is not that coral looking, it is more of a medium pink shade but that was how the color showed up on my camera no matter what lighting I tried! I colored my piggy with spectrum noir alcohol ink markers and used liquid applique and dazzling diamonds on his wings, they are very sparkly in real life even though you can't see it here.

Each one of the little numbered doors fold down to reveal a hidden kiss inside. The number tags are actually from The Cutting Cafe's - December Daily Numbers Printable Stamps. I cut each tag out, distressed the edges with my fingernail, sponged the edges with pretty in pink, added a pink bling gem and then popped them on dimensionals so you can use them to open the doors. Here is what the little doors look like open...


I had to dress up my little kisses with some of Regina's adorable Hershey Kiss Valentine Bottoms so in addition to my kiss, my hubby could read how adorable he is in a new way everyday :) Regina has a LOT of different holidays and occasions for the Hershey Kiss Bottoms, so you can dress up your kisses no matter what time of year it is or what your celebrating :)

Here is a peek at just a few of the ones I did...


These are so quick & easy to use, just print them out, and then punch then with a 3/4" circle punch. Then pop them on the bottom with a glue dot or double sided adhesive tape. I love them!

Here is a peek at the way I did my sides on this:


This is actually a border strip from the Love Story 6x6 Paper pack from Echo Park. I just cut it and it was the perfect width. The paper design on my doors are from this same pack as well.

Well I better get this posted! Here is the link to the tutorial that I used to make this from Brenda Quintana at Qbee's Quest. She is so talented :)

Thanks for stopping by today! Be sure to check out The Cutting Cafe Blog and see what my fellow Design Team Members created!

Happy Stampin!
Laura

Pin It

I will be entering this in the following challenges:

All That Scraps Challenge - Anything Goes!

16 comments:

Lydia

OMGosh Laura ... this is fantastic !!!! Totally in love with it so so clever xx and that little piggy is just too cute !!!!

Regina Easter

wow wow wow how special is this and its your anniversary...whoooooooo ooo...love this project...

Deloris

This is awesome Laura! Looks fabulous! Love it!

Dangina Martinez

OMG! This an outstanding project. I Love the Piggy, he is so very cute. I wouldn't mind one of those chocolates either, lol.
Hugs, Dangina

Angi Barrs

Wowza this is amazing and so super sweet. Love the little piggy!

Holly AKA KopyKat

This is so adorable, Love the candy topper and what a great reminder for the big day, lol.

Athina

Oh wow! What a great treat for your hubby!

Karen B

Very nice treat idea.

Ivonne

This is absolutely GORGEOUS!! I LOVE the cute pig and the colors, pink is my favorite color :) The Kiss Bottoms are fabulous. Amazing project! Hugs, Ivonne

Jean Cross

You were busy. Very attractive result!

Carolyn Wolff

What a cute idea. Love how you incorporated the big hershey's kiss at the top. Great job.

Holly AKA KopyKat

oh and thanks for playing with us over at ATS!!! lol.

An Occasional Genius

Hi Laura, I didn't realise when you left that recent comment on my blog that you were Laura, my FP teamie!!! Sorry hon, but I know exactly what you mean about our supplies being more appealing to the little cherubs! Mine now turns her nose up at scraps & only wants the good stuff. I'm now following you too & absolutely gorgeous project too. Hugs xx

Unknown

This is just beyond cute! I love the way you created the little drawers. So clever!

Marcy

Super adorable V Day project!! Such a cute idea and wonderful details! I love it!!!

Ellen Taylor

Super cute! Love the way you did the front of the drawers and what a lovely surprise to have messages on the bottom of the kisses! TFS

Post a Comment