Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Secret Recipe...

Good Afternoon Stampers!

Just a super quick post from me before I hit the sack for a few hours before I have to go back to work! Today is a brand new Loves Rubberstamps Challenge so I wanted to share my inspiration project that I created :)

This week our theme is Cute as a Button and all you have to do is have a button on your project - either a real one or make your own ... easy peasy! We also have a guest sponsor of The Paper Shelter who is providing our winner with a $20.00 gift certificate to their store! This is a super awesome prize! So just for playing along with us this week you could be a lucky winner of up to a $40.00 prize package!

Here is what I created using the Chef Trattoria Digi from The Paper Shelter.


I have mentioned a few times that one of my FAVORITE things to do is make scrapbook recipe pages and when I saw this adorable Chef, I knew he would be perfect on one :) This is a 6"x6" page and it features a pocket in the middle so I could slip the ingredients list in one section and the cooking directions in another. The Designer papers I used are from the Authentique Enchanted Paper Pack and my "Secret Recipe" stamp is from the Cookbookin Tasty Phrases Stamp Set.

Here is a peek at the recipe cards pulled out...


I got this recipe for Jessica Alba's Turkey Meatballs from the Martha Stewart website.

Here is the Recipe...

Ingredients

2 pounds lean ground turkey
1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
1/4 cup finely chopped carrots
1/4 cup finely chopped zucchini
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 cup homemade or store-bought low-sodium chicken broth

Directions
1.In a large bowl, mix turkey, panko, carrots, zucchini, onion, eggs, Italian seasoning, and salt until well combined; form into 1-inch balls.

2.Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add meatballs and cook, turning, until browned, about 7 minutes.

3.Add 1/2 cup chicken broth; cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until liquid is almost completely absorbed, about 7 minutes. Add remaining 1/4 cup broth and increase heat to medium; cook, uncovered, until liquid is absorbed. Serve.

You can see the original recipe on Martha Stewart's Website - Here.

I hope you get a chance to play along this week with us! We would LOVE to see your creative use of buttons :) Now I am off to hit the hay... 4 hours of sleep is going to go fast :(

Happy Stampin!
Laura

Pin It

I will be entering this in the following challenges:

6 comments:

Kym Weber

Thanks so much Laura for stopping by my blog and leaving such a heart warming comment on the sewing basket! Was truly appreciated! Totally agree that back pain is the worse. Controls walking, sitting and sleeping! Not fun!

Your chef card with the recipe is spectacular! Just love the pattern paper! And the recipe looks yummy! The pocket holding the recipe card is fabulous! Awesome work of art!

Hugs, Kym

Athina

Too cute! I love how you did this page!

Marcy

Super adorable project Laura! I love that cute chef with the meatball and the recipe card goes so perfect with it! That sounds like a good recipe? Maybe that would work with my diet! :)

Holly AKA KopyKat

This is so adorable!!! Love the cute chef and the fabulous scene. Thanks for the recipe

Lydia

This is soooo fun Laura! He totally looks like the Swedish Chef from the muppets .. lol xxx

Ivonne

Oh wow Laura! This is so beautiful! I love the images and the recipe looks so yummy, thanks for sharing it. Hugs, Ivonne

Post a Comment