Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Shabby Chic Valentine

Hi Stampers!

Happy Wednesday! This week I have been working some crazy hours so I combined my Design Team project for The Cutting Cafe with my inspirational piece for this week's Loves Rubberstamps Challenge because I wasn't going to have much time to craft. It actually all fell together perfectly I think :)

This week at The Cutting Cafe we are creating some more Valentine's Day Inspirational projects. Regina gave us a few choices for files to use. We could pick from Valentine's Mini Sentiments Backgrounds Printable Stamp Set, Fun With Hearts Printable Stamp Set, Heart Lace Shaped Card, or the Valentine Window Tops. All of these are so pretty and fun!

I chose the Valentine Mini Sentiments Backgrounds for my project. What I loved about this one is you can select one of the backgrounds, I used the Be Mine one, and place the pictures side by side and it creates the perfect background paper :) LOVE that!!

Here is a look at my project...



I wanted a shabby chic, vintage feel for my card today. The image I chose is from Saturated Canary called Free Hugs. This is the first time I have got to color this cutie... AND my very first time using copic markers! Yep...I bought my first 3 colors for hair :) I have a lot of practicing to do but I didn't think it turned out too bad for my first copic hair experience :) The rest of my image is colored with Spectrum Noir Alcohol Ink Markers. I layered my image on a doily that I sponged to make it look more aged. My pink background paper is from the My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Madison Avenue paper pack.

Here is a close up of my Saturated Canary Image...



This week in our Loves Rubberstamps challenge we are to look around on the Kirkland's Website and choose any product to use for inspiration and create a project. I love inspirational challenges because they are super fun! This is the product I chose to use:



It is the Vintage Rose Buffet lamp. I loved the vintage, shabby chic look PLUS I think the lampshade roses look a lot like my new vintage rose ribbon that I bought from Stampin Up! That is the trim I used on my card :) I LOVE LOVE LOVE this ribbon and need to buy TONS before it is gone! Super cute!

I took a quick peek at what this week's Saturated Canary Challenge since I was using one of their adorable images and this week it is to make a project based off a movie. My project was inspired by the movie Never Been Kissed with Drew Barrymore. This is one of my FAVORITE movies! If you haven't seen this you need to it is super adorable. As you can see by the coupon...my girl only gives hugs...no kisses :)

Thanks for stopping by! I hope that you play along in our Kirkland's Inspiration Challenge this week. Please visit The Cutting Cafe Blog to see what the rest of my teamies created with this week's files!

Have a great day!
Laura

Pin It

I will be entering this in the following challenges:

Saturated Canary -  Movie Inspiration Challenge - Never Been Kissed
Crafts and Me - #117 Vintage
Whimsical Designs - All About Love Challenge
Creative Card Crew - Girly Challenge
7 Kids College Fund - #65 - Something Old & Something New (old = My Mind's Eye Papers, new = rose ribbon)
Top Tip Tuesday - Lavishly Luscious Layers - TIP - Wait for your glue to dry under your vintage rose ribbon BEFORE taking pictures because it looks like it has blue hues under it... :(
Bearly Mine - Tic Tac Toe - 4 in a row -  Lots of Layers, Pearls, Stamped Image, Lace (my lace doily)
Inky Chicks - Becky's Bingo Grid - Pearls, Lace (lace doily), flowers
Bunny Zoe's - Anything Goes
Card Mania Challenges - #12 Oh so Girly
Kaboodle Doodles - #155 Ribbon
The Ribbon Girl - Pink & Ivory
Sugar Creek Hollow - #45 Tic Tac Toe - Embossing, Ribbon, Distressing
Stampin For The Weekend - Something Girly







26 comments:

Regina Easter

wow there is so much to love about this card....totally fab...

Angi Barrs

Isn't she adorable!!! Love this!

Jean Cross

Looks great!

Ivonne

Wow Laura, your card is so beautiful! I love that image, the papers are soo pretty and the ribbon is gorgeous! Love it! Hugs, Ivonne

Holly AKA KopyKat

OMG your first hair coloring with copics is so fabulous! You did a great job, love this design and the words background is so cute. LOVE it!

Misty Morgan

So sweet!

Tee

You did an amazing job with the copics (bows to you) I have so many of them and they are sitting collecting dust.. Love your card and Lamp.

Audrey L.

Great job with the Copics! Nice card!

Deloris

Absolutely adorable! Love it!

Roma

Love the shabby chic look ,the image is adorable & i love the background paper x

Ani

Beautiful card! The image is so cute and is coloured beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Card Mania! Good luck and hope you'll join us again with our next challenge! Ani

Anonymous

Laura, this is a gorgeous card with beautiful detail. Your choice of papers and embellishments are fabulous. Thanks for joining us over at Sugar Creek Holllow for our Tic-Tac-Toe challenge this week.
Amelia (DT Sugar Creek Hollow)

Vili M.

Wonderful card. I really love the colours and all the detailing is wonderful.Thank for joining us at Card Mania Challenges.

Tfriday

Awesome card... Love the doily and that image is adorable. Thanks for joining us at Whimsical Designs. Awesome job.

Tereese

Mila

What a sweetyg! Thank you so much for joining us at Card Mania Challenges!
Hugs, Mila

Amy Martin

ok...This is so darn cute. Wonderful job...your layout on your card is so pretty.

Unknown

Awesome card!!

Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

Ashley

Your card is so pretty! Love all the distressing. Thanks so much for joining this week's Whimsical Wednesday challenge! :)

Ashley
http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

Katie

Adorable card Laura- I love the vintage feel! Great job with using Copics for the first time too- I think the hair looks great :) Hugs, Katie

Unknown

Love the doily, roses and rich feel to your embossed background. That image is the sweetest and love her little sign. :) Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday!

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez

Love the intricate embossing on your card and how your roses on the bottom blends with the overall color scheme! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ “Ribbons” Challenge!

Kath - Admin
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

Tracy

So beautiful, I have the rose ribbon but don't want to use it as I love it so much lol

Thank you for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week x

Marcy

This is so adorable! I love how you used the trim to match the inspiration picture! This image is darling too and loving that distressed doily! :)

Kim O'Connell

I am a sucker for an Saturated Canary image! Great job! Thanks for playing along with us for the 7 Kids College Fund Challenge!

Pop's Cards

Hey sweetie this is so pretty, love it, thank you for joining us at Saturated Canary this time, huggles Pops x x x

RoseC

Laura, your beautifully colored Free Hugs image looks fabulous on this pretty card. Lovin' your embossed and patterned paper layers too! So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps digi team's "vintage" challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose

Post a Comment