Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Faith & Trust & Pixie Dust

Hi Stampers!

Today starts a new Loves Rubberstamps challenge! This one is everyone's FAVORITE... Anything Goes! Before I share my project that I created for inspiration... I wanted to share a picture of my Grandma :) For those not aware, she is battling breast cancer for the second time and just had a masectomy at the beginning of March. Last week, I received a surprise in the mail from one of our Design Team members, Athina Emory, of a lovely card for myself, and also one addressed to Gramma and for only her to open it :) Grandma was super touched by the lovely card and she wished for me to tell Athina - thank you so much from the bottom of her heart. She loved the card and thought it was such a wonderful surprise. This is for you Athina :)




For my project today I am trying to use some of my stamps that I have not had the chance to ink up yet. I totally adore C.C. Designs stamps and I saw that their challenge this week is to use an image with wings so I decided to play with Pixie Lucy. This is one of my super favorite stamps and it is horrible that I have had her for so long and never had the chance to color her up yet!



I decided to try and go with some bright, bold, spring-like colors because I am getting tired of cold and snow - LOL! The mushroom image is one from my very first purchase of Magnolia stamps when I bought the Alva and Alf elves collection. This is one of the accessory stamps for the characters to sit on. I colored my Pixie Lucy using copic markers. Her hair and skin colors are all from the 6 piece copic sketch marker set. I don't own very many copics yet so the grays in my mushroom are spectrum noir markers and the cap is actually all the colors from the Color Fusion 2 Trio. The flowers are a mix of handmade rolled flowers and prima flowers. Using so many flowers on a card is a new thing for me too - LOL! I always admire the cards with loads of gorgeous flowers arranged so perfectly. I think I need one more prima flower next to my two rolled ones on the bottom :)

Here is a little closer look at my Pixie Lucy and mushroom together:




And here is a closer look at Pixie Lucy so you can actually see the Dazzling Diamonds on her wings...



I also am super lame when it comes to trying to come up with a lay out for my cards so I looked around and saw this card sketch from Card Mania for their challenge this week and decided to use it for my lay out :)


I hope you enjoyed my project today and please come play along in our challenge this week! Our design Team and myself would love to visit your blog and see your creations :)

Happy Stampin!
Laura

Pin It
Here is the list of products I used on my card:

C.C. Designs - Swiss Pixies Collection - Pixie Lucy
Magnolia - Mushroom
Spellbinders - Floral Ovals
Prima Flowers - Sherwood Rose Larkspur (will be listed soon- in stock)
Prima Flowers - Avon Rose - Pixie Glen (will be listed soon - in stock)

I will also be entering this in the following challenges:

All That Scraps - Winged Things
Bunny Zoe's Challenges - March Challenge Girly
613 Avenue Create - #13 Anything Goes with Flowers
Challenges 4 Everybody - #17 Anything Goes
Glitter 'N Sparkle Challenge - #26 Cute
Robyn's Fetish - #153 Fairies
Pile It On - #13 Handmade Flowers
2 Sisters Challenge Blog - #137 Sparkle N Shine
Color Me Creative - All About Hair
A Gem of a Challenge - #73 Make it Cute
Sweet Stampin' - Oh So Girly
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards - Bring On Spring
Brown Sugar - #35 Flowers
Crafts 4 Eternity Recipe Challenge - #117 Cute As You Like
My Heart Pieces - Fairies or Angels
Forever Friends Fortnightly Challenge - #58 Girls
Marker POP - #20 Anything Goes
My Craft Creations - For the Girls
Stamp With Fun - #205 Spring
Whoopsi Daisy Challenges - Bling
Corrosive Challenges - #171 Spring Fling







40 comments:

brenda

Such a very pretty card Laura, thank so much for sharing with us at Stamping sensations.

B x

Tracey T

This is a real cutie - lovin' those Spring colours! Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

Dewi Lestari

Really cute fairy! Thanks for joining at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenges: Bring on Spring
Hugs
Dewi

Sheila H

I love that your pretty fairy is popped up on the card. Your rolled flowers are perfect. Nice texture and dimension on the card! Thanks for playing along with 613 Avenue Create.

Holly AKA KopyKat

This is so adorable! Love the dazzling diamond wings and your coloring is fabulous. Glad your Gramma is starting to feel better.

Jennifer Scull

thank you so much for sharing this beautiful post about your grandmother. I, too, am fighting the same cancer beastie. I will most certainly keep her in my prayers. how lovely that she received such a special card!

your card is so beautiful!

pinky

This is just adorable! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

Doreen

adorable card - lovely image
Many thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week
Doreen xx

Unknown

Beautiful card. Image is just great. Love how you could see the sparkle on here wings.

Flowers are great.

All the best.

Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar.

Tracey DT xxx

Dangina Martinez

Aww.. Your Grammy looks so happy.I'm really glad she is doing better. Your card is super cute. Great job on the coloring.
Hugs, Dangina

Mema's Crafts

This is an adorable card with the dazzling wings and you colored your image perfectly. Thanks for playing with us at Mema's Crafts and good luck in the draw.

Hugs
Lesia
Best wishes to your grandma and I pray that she continues the fight.

Jacquel

Gorgeous creation Laura! I love that image & how you colored her!! I'm so happy to hear that your Grandma is doing better & will pray that she continues to do so!!!!!

Jacqueline Smith

Fabulous card, love the coloring job and all the details on your card!

Chitra Nair

Gorgeous card..What a fab coloring, Love this card..Thanks for playing along with us at CC&CC..

Joanne

What an adorable card! Your coloring is lovely and the image is soooo cute! Super job! What a wonderful thing your friend did for you and your Grandma. All the best to her and I hope she wins her battle with cancer. Hugs, and thanx for playing along with us at CC&CC. Joanne

Marcy

Gorgeous card Laura! I just love little fairies and those cute rolled roses are fab! Also, your coloring just keeps getting better and better! Love this! :)

Unknown

Truly beautiful card I love everything about it! Thanks so much for joining our "make it cute" challenge at A Gem of a Challenge!
Hugs xx Cara xx DT
Ps I hope your grandma wins her fight!

Yenni Natalia

She looks so sweet in purple! great card dear!

thank you for joining ATS Challenge.

Hope to see you again and good luck. hope you are the winner.

hugs
yenni

Daisychain

A gorgeous card, love the colours you have used. Thanks for playing along at Whoopsi Daisy this week, hope to see you next week. Hugs Christine x

Amber Milone

Absolutely beautiful card Laura! Your coloring is AMAZING!! Thanks for joining us at All That Scraps.

Clarissa Schupp

So cute! Your coloring is so perfect, love it. Thanks so much for playing with us at stamp with fun. Have a fab weekend.
big hugs Clarissa

Miss Emerald

Gorgeous card! Your colouring is absolutely amazing. Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges. Good luck and hope you'll join us again.

Sheila

What a beautiful card, lovely cute image. Thank you for joining in my challenge, good luck x

Wendy H

Beautiful card Laura. Love the image and the colours. Your gramma looks really pleased with her card. Xx

Wendy H

Beautiful card Laura. Love the image and the colours. Your gramma looks really pleased with her card. Xx

craftygranny

Wow supercute image my fav colour too. Hugs to grandma . Bless her . Thanks for joining us at glitternsparkle hugs trisha x

Holly AKA KopyKat

Oh yeah, you totally rocked the ATS Challenge! Thanks for playing!!!

debbi taylor

this is stunning
I love the colours that you have used
thank you for joining in the challenge this week at robyns fetish
hugs
Debbi x

Linda

Hi what a lovely card you made!
It's so lovely colored!
Thanks for joining our Foreverfriends challenge. Good luck in the draw!
Linda DT-FF

Pamela

Lovely and cute , thanks for sharing at glitter n sparkle x

Chris

Totally adorable, just a great card. I love your coloring, the fairy is beautiful.
thanks for playing with us at Pile It On.

Natali

What the amazing surprise for your Gramma!! ))
Your card so sweet with this lovely and cute image. Gorgeous colouring and glitter touch.
Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin` “Oh so Girly” Challenge and we hope to see you again soon.
Hugs
Natali

besitos

This is gorgeous! Love the cute image and the colouring is fantastic. Thanks for joining us at Glitter n Sparkle this week :) xx -Paula DT

valou250809

Wonderful creation! image so cute! thanks for playing with IDIC this week. Good luck!

Karen

Such a pretty card! Beautiful coloring. Thanks for joining us at CMC.

Karen

Jan

Great card thanks for joining in with our bling challenge at WD xx Jan

Wendy Nicola Jackson

Gorgeous card! Love the colours and the sentiment is so sweet!! Beautiful card. Hugs, Wends x

Sandy

So pretty, love the colors, such a sweet card. All the best to your Grandma.. Say hi and wishing her all the best from Australia. Thanks for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody. Good Luck!
Sandy :) DT

Linda Palmer

Your card is beautiful. Cute image, beautiful colors and great design. Thanks for joining us at the Corrosive Challenge Blog.

Cindy

Love this card! Dimensional, but too much so! The circle quote is from CC as well? Thanks for joining us at My Heart Pieces!

Post a Comment