Tuesday, April 30, 2013

April Showers

Hi Stampers!

Well you know the Old Saying ... when it rains it pours...well it certainly has been happening here! My Grandma fell this morning and broke her femur all the way through so she is headed to surgery at 4:30 this afternoon! This will be a quick post so I can get back there before they take her down.

This week our challenge at Loves Rubberstamps certainly fits with the way my life has been going this last month or so! APRIL SHOWERS!

To Play along just create a project that has Rain Showers, Umbrellas, thunderstorms & lightning...or think Baby Showers, Bridal Showers, as long as it has something to do with some sort of "SHOWER" it will qualify :)

Here is my card:



To create this card I used this week's sketch from Sketch N Stash:



For my papers I actually used some of my hoarded paper supply of My Mind's Eye Lost and Found Two! I adore this paper pack and will be so sad when I run out.

My image is from C.C. Designs and is called Umbrella Lula. I also used the C.C. Designs Cutters Die - Umbrella and the Umbrella Logos set to create my Ticket and the sentiment with the matching paper pieced umbrella. The Ticket I did cut out with the C.C. Designs Tickets Cutters Die too.

I colored my Lula using copic markers after stamping her in memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I also paper pieced her hat and the umbrellas. I popped the little duck up so he is 3D. The clouds I free hand cut and then sponged then super lightly with some gray ink.

Here are some close ups:

 

I really thought this turned out super cute! I will be later this evening to get all the links to the products on and to update my post with the challenges that I am entering!

To see my Design Team Post for Crafty Sentiments Designs - Letter B Challenge - Click Here...

To see Olivia's beautiful Monday Inspirational piece...Click Here!

Thanks for stopping by today! Now I am off to get back to the hospital!

Laura

Pin It

Challenges I will be entering this into:

Sketch N Stash - Sketch Challenge #112
All That Scraps - Anything Goes!
Bearly-Mine Challenge - Anything Goes
Die Cuttin Diva Challenge - Anything Goes
Cards and more - Animal Friends
Oldie But a Goodie - April Showers (oldie - hoarded designer paper)
Artistic Inspirations - #39 - Lots of Layers
The Cutie Pie Challenge - #43 - Lots of Layers
Digi Sketch Challenge - Rain Rain Go Away
MarkerPOP - Challenge 21 April Showers
Stamp and Create - Use at Least One Die
Pile It On - #17 April Showers Bring May Flowers
Crafty Calendar Challenge - Sunshine and Showers 
Sweet Stampin - Anything But Birthday
My Creative Moments - Word Play Weather
Crafts 4 Eternity - #121 3 or More Patterned papers

29 comments:

Tricia T

This is adorable, Laura! I pray your Grandma will make it through surgery well and will heal quickly and completely!!

Holly AKA KopyKat

This is so adoraable! Hugs for Gramma and I hope she feels better soon, as well as you.

Jacqueline Smith

Fabulous card, love the coloring job and all the details! Sorry to hear about your Grandma and hopes she is feeling better!

Alyce Kit and Clowder

wow laura!! This is just stunning!!!i love all of the layers too. oh no sending big love to your grandma xxx

Lydia

this is fab honey !!! colouring is lovely xxx hope everything goes well for your grandmother xxx huge hugs, lyd xx

Dangina Martinez

I do hope all went well in surgery. Your card is super adorable.
Tons of Hugs, Dangina

Heidi Brawley

AWE this is very Adorable!!! Love the sketch too. I played along with it too! Hugs, Heidi

Tina

OMGosh I ADORE this!!!! Great colors and papers as well!! Thanks for joining us at MarkerPOP!!

paper fun

So sweet. What a wonderful sentiment. I wish I had that kind of an umbrella.

Thanks for joining our bling challenge at Creative Card Crew.

Mari

paper fun

Oops! Wrong team. Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity.

Mari

Doreen

Wunderbar! Vielen Dank für Deine Teilnahme bei Cards und More. Liebe Grüße Doreen

mixamatoasties

I love that Laura, gorgeous card.

Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin' this week.

Susan x

michele

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Fran

Fab card, thank you for joining us at the Digi Sketch Challenge Blog xx

Janice

Super cute indeed! Love this one. Great colours, papers & image and a super design. So pleased you could share this beauty with us at an OBAG. Hope your Gran is doing ok - that's a real nasty break. Jx

chrilvian

adorable
thanks for playing with the atschallenge

Kim

Adorable card with a sweet sentiment. Hope your grandmother heals quickly! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'.

Ally

what a wonderful card, love it to bits!! aaaaw bless and the image is sooooooooo darn cute, I adore CC design stamps!! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch N Stash!
xoxo, Ally

Stempelomi

stunning card!
We are very happy that you take part at the Cards and More Challenge. To participate in the draw of the prize and the Top 3, you have to follow the challenge rules. Unfortunately, you have linked more than 5 challenges and can not take part in the draw this time. I am so sorry. We would be delighted if you join in again next time :-)

Hugs,Beate

McCrafty's Cards

Gorgeous card Laura, I like the adorable image the , Thanks for joining in with us at Sketch N Stash, Good Luck.
Kevin xx

Ivonne

Wow Laura, your card is absolutely gorgeous. I love every single details of it, the papers, the super cute image, the coloring, the paper piecing...OMG everything. It is just stunning! Hugs, Ivonne

PS. I hope you grandma is doing better! Big hug!

Mariken

Beautiful card, I love this one! Thank you for joining our Digi Sketch Challenge!
Mariken xx

Patricia

Beautiful card. Lovely layers. Thanks for joining at Artistic Inspirations this week.

Jackie

This is so adorable, beautiful card, and fabby image. Thank you for sharing with us at BearlyMine Challenges this week. Jackie SDT x

Athina

I am sorry to hear about your grandma's fall. Praying that she is doing better. I love this card, the soft colors are just perfect!

K Clark

ohhh beautiful!!!Thanks for joining us at Pile it on - April showers bring May flowers challenge - hope you are able to join us this week for our mother's day challenge - Kimberly DT

Mimi

so very sweet! love the paper piecing and all the fabulous details! thanks for joining us at All That Scraps! hope your grandma is recovering well! ;)

Sonia

Totally Gorgeous! Great JOB!~
Thanks for joining us at DSC.
-Sony
sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

Amber Milone

OMG! This is soo cute! I love all of your paper pieceing. Thanks for playing along with us at ATS!

Post a Comment