Sunday, April 7, 2013

Sensational Sunday Inspirations Blog Hop & CANDY!

Hi Stampers!

We hope that you had fun playing along in our blog hop this last week! The Design team and I all thought it was a blast and the feedback that we did get was really positive so we are going to have this be our new format for the Sunday postings :)

Before we get to today's hop... we have to announce last week's candy winner!

This week the Sensational Sunday Sweet Spot was on Shanna's Blog!!

Here are your random numbers:

5

Timestamp: 2013-04-07 04:29:45 UTC

Comment #5 (design team members comments were not counted) - kren - A Fourth Life who said: Oooohhhhhh, so cute! TFS!

Congratulations Kren!! Please send me an email at lovesrubberstamps@yahoo.com by April 13th and I will send you your code for a $10.00 gift voucher to the Loves Rubberstamps store!

Now... Let's go to the Hop!

Welcome to the Loves Rubberstamps weekly Sensational Sunday Blog Hop! The Design Team has created some gorgeous projects for your Inspiration. Check out each link and leave a comment. If you get lost along the way, each stop will have a full list of links. One of the Design Team posts is the hop's Sensational Sunday Sweet Spot and a name will be drawn from that list of comments to win a $10 Loves Rubberstamps store gift certificate. So, all you have to do is hop along and see all the creations and leave a little love for the Designers! You have until Saturday, April 13th, at 8pm CST. Have fun and we hope that you enjoy the hop!

For my card today I decided to use one of my Magnolia stamps that I love for Spring and Summer cards. This is the Tilda As a Butterfly stamp from the Chasing Dreams Collection. We don't have this series listed in the store yet but it will be coming soon :) I will be listing the brand new Once Upon a Time Collection in our store later today though! YAY! Here is my card for today...




I colored her with my copics. I am still a newbie at coloring pleats in clothes and after my markers dried I think it looked better than it did originally - LOL! So if you are trying new things with your copics, give the ink a chance to dry and you might like it better :) I am not quite sure about the yellow...I only have 3 colors and they are a little bright to me. So while the yellow is growing on me... I will just consider it like a little burst of sunshine in my Spring themed card  :)  The fancy corner embellishments are created using the La La Land Die - Filigree Corner Die.

Here are some close ups of my embellishments on the front...



My Metal Butterfly Charm

I decided to make this an easel style card. Instead of creating a one piece card front, I decorated the front with two seperate panels so when you fold it you still see part of the front with the designer paper and then the Spellbinders Floral Oval piece becomes the main centerpiece.


Here is a closer peek at the inside sentiment area...



I created the tag using the Spellbinders Fancy Tags Dies and the sentiment is from the new Delicate Words Die from The Greeting Farm. Love this! Those beautiful papers are from the Bildmalarna Flowers of Spring 12x12 paper. I also used some prima flowers that we will have in the store soon as well!

I hope you liked my card for today ...

Now I won't keep you any longer! Your next stop on the hop is the super talented...Dangina!  

Just in case you get lost along the way...  

Dangina
Athina
Shanna
Lydia
Marcy
Ivonne

Have a great day all!
Laura
Pin It

I will be entering this in the following challenges:

Magnolia-Licious - All About Spring
Midweek Magnolia - #55 How Charming - Have Charms on your Project
Marvelous Magnolia Challenge - #21 Anything Goes
Tilda's Town - #47 - Fussy & Fancy or Understated Elegance
Lovely Hanglar or Sweet Magnolia Challenge - #66 Butterflies or Things That Flutter
Magnolia Down Under - Tic Tac Toe - Line - Metal, Sentiment & Lace
Dilly Beans - Spring!
Little Claire's - March Challenge Cards with Folds
Stamp & Create - April Challenge - Use at least 1 die cut

23 comments:

Marcy

Super cute Laura! Love your color combo and your fantastic coloring. Gosh, you and Athina need to give me a tut on coloring pleats! :) Loving all the butterfly embellishments too! :)

Tracey T

What a fabulous card - the splash of yellow really makes her outfit pop. Thank you for playing at Lovely hAnglar or Sweet Magnolia! Tracey x

Ivonne

OMG, Laura, this is so cute. Love the rich colors, the cute Tilda image and the butterfly charm, I love butterflies. Your coloring is absolutely amazing! Hugs, Ivonne

Jennifer Scull

oh my gosh, this is all kinds of adorable!!!! :)

Holly AKA KopyKat

OMGosh this is so adorable, love the cute image and the bright colors you used.
Congrat's to Kren!

Nicolchen

Your card is simply gorgeous :0)))

Thanks for joining us at Marvelous Magnolia ;0)

Hugs Nicole

Jacquel

Awesome card Laura! I LOVE those flowers you used....I'll be VERY happy when you get them in stock! TFS!!!

Chris

What a fun card, Laura! I love those yellow pants and matching socks! They draw the eye right to Tilda! What a great design you've used as well. It is just a cute card all the way around! Thank you for sharing it with us at the Magnolia-licious/Wee Stamps Challenge Blog!

Chris

Tricia T

I love Tilda, and you did wonderfully coloring the pleats!!

Tricia

Franz♥

What a gorgeous card Laura! Love the bright colours!

Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town this week :)

Hugs, Franz.

Unknown

A stunning creation, so beautifully crafted.
Jasmina

Athina

Laura this is just beautiful! You did awesome with the pleats! If you have a W copic, you might be able to tone down the yellow a bit. But I think it is amazing just as is!

Bonnie Lynn

Oh my goodness!! All the detail on your card is amazing. I especially love the little butterfly she is holding.

Suzi Mac

Wow!! what a striking card this is Laura, beautiful colouring and design. Thank you for joining us at Magnolia-licious/Wee Stamps. Good luck!
Hugs
Suzi x

Céline

gorgeous love the colors and design
thanks for playing with us at Tilda's town
hugs
céline

Shanna Shands

I love the purple. Amazing coloring!

Chitra Nair

Awesome coloring... Beautiful card..

Heidi Brawley

Your card is Gorgeous!!!! what a cute butterfly she is holding too!

Teresa

Beautiful card.
Thanks for joining us at Midweek Magnolias this week. Teresa x

Sue Jones

Gorgeous Card! Thanks for joining us at Dilly beans this week :)

Debbie Pamment

ooooh this is just gorgeous! Love the little butterfly you popped in Tilda's hand.
Thanx so much for joining us at MDUC this week.
xXx

Stempelhexe

Beautiful card, thank you for joining us at
LHOSM this week.

Hugs
Ulla

Unknown

Wow it's really nice...Beautiful Card. Excellent work you did. I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Keep sharing more.
scrapbooking supplies

Post a Comment