Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Vintage Postcard

Hi Stampers!

Today is my Design Team day for The Cutting Cafe! Regina has been coming out with some really amazing files and this week we could choose from four of the new releases! Our choices were - The Suitcase Box Template, The Suitcase Treat Box, The Suitcase Mini Book, and the Postcard Printable Set. I decided to use the postcard set for my project!

Postcards always remind me of a vintage style so that is what I tried to do with my card. Here is what I came up with:


I totally love how it came out! There are two different postcards that you get in this set. This one reminded me more of a masculine style, why I don't know - LOL- but that is the first thing that popped into my mind! For my orange layer - I used the Tim Holtz Distress Cardstock and embossed it with his Clock embossing folder and then sanded the top. The bottle was created using the Ship stamp from Gourmet Rubber Stamps. I just stamped it and then did simple sponging to age it. I added a single layer of UTEE on top so it looked glossy, and pitted with age. The Sentiment is one of my favorites too. It is called The River Bends also from Gourmet Rubber Stamps. I sponged all my edges with the Tim Holtz Distress Ink Walnut Stain and then distressed the edges to make them look old. The doo-dad thing in the corner was created using the Sea Charms Die-Namics from My Favorite Things and the compass with the stamps from Stampin Up! Open Sea set. My papers are from the Simple Stories Pack - Awesome. This card went together pretty quick once I figured out what I was doing - LOL!

Here is a closer look at my bottle...




I hope you liked my project today! Be sure to swing by The Cutting Cafe Blog later today and see what all of my fellow teamies created! They are such a talented group of ladies!

Have a great day all!
Laura

Pin It

Challenges I would like to enter this in:

Stampavie and more - Challenge 191 - For a Boy
Whimsical Designs - Emboss It
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes
Bearly Mine Designs - Anything Goes - Entry #2
Digital Tuesday Challenge - Challenge #205 Boys
Artisitc Inspirations - #36 Anything Goes - Entry #2
Craft Your Passion Challenges - #157 Water, Water Everywhere
Digi Makeover Challenge - #83 Water
Catered Crop - Twine Love Recipe Swap
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
Gingerloft - For the Guys

16 comments:

Jennifer Scull

this is a great card! I so love the sentiment. thank you for sharing it with us! I'll be sure to check it out in the store! :)

Regina Easter

WOW WOW WOW WOW........TOTAL LOVE

Holly AKA KopyKat

Love your Vintage post card, the colors and the design are so perfect.

Alyce Kit and Clowder

oooh this is great! the bottle turned out fantastically...love the whole theme of the card :)

Esther Asbury

I saw your gorgeous card on Word Art Wednesday and had to pop over for a closer look! I love the ship in the bottle paired with the post card -- so masculine! In case your interested I have two freebies along this line on my blog -- http://estherscardcreations.blogspot.com/2012/05/ship-in-bottle.html

Angi Barrs

Love the vintage look and that ship! :)

Unknown

Lovely card great idea a ship in a bottle,thanks for playing with us at Gingerloft on our, one for the guy's challenge hugs Tania xx

Shanna Shands

Great masculine card.

Deloris

Very clever! Love your vintage postage project!

Karen Letchworth

Hi Laura: What an awesome card. I love seeing cards that can be used for men. I am NOT good at that myself, so I always admire it in others. Thanks for sharing this in our challenge, and have a very blessed week!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Unknown

Such a grand man card. Pirate, adventurer; it will stir up wonderful thoughts.
Thank you for sharing your wonderful artwork with us this week.
Blessings, Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday

Sue Jones

Great card! Thanks so much for playing along this week at whimsical Wednesdays - Good luck.

Anonymous

This is super.All the elements work perfectly together.Great paper choices too.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
Lisa x

Emily Lauritzen

Great creation! I love the little ship in a bottle image! Thanks for joining us at Digi Makeover!
<3 Emily L.-DT

Carolyn Wolff

Great job. Love that ship too.

oscaralley

Your postcard rocks!! Love that it is masculine. Great job!

Post a Comment