Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Sweet Monkey Baby!

Hi Stampers!

It is time for a new Loves Rubberstamps challenge! This week we have TWO Guest sponsors as well as the Loves Rubberstamps prize so it is an awesome week to play along with us! This week we have a really fun challenge to make your stamped image 3D by cutting out pieces of your image and layering them on top of each other to create dimension. This really gives your stamped images a really cool look! If you have never tried it before...I am warning you it is totally fun and you will love how it looks! Even popping just a few pieces can make a real difference!

Here is my Inspiration card...




That sweet little Mrs. Monkey is one of the prizes this week from our Guest Sponsor C.C. Designs! In my project she is a baby not a Mrs. - LOL! I colored the monkey using the copic sketch marker 6 piece skin tones set and the outfit is colored using the Color Fusion 2 trio. To layer my image - I took four images and colored different parts to pop the pieces up. The bottom layer is her tail and ears, the second layer is her body, the third layer is her face and belly, and the 4th layer is her hair and bow and her skirt. I layered them with glue dots because I didn't want them really wide apart. Here is a side view so you can see my layers better...



Isn't that awesome? For the baby bottle I used the Baby Bottle Shaped Card 1 Template from The Cutting Cafe. I used the Simple Stories paper pack - Baby Steps to make it. That adorable banner sentiment is from the same paper pack. I love this saying and think it would be fun to do an art journal page or something for this quote :)

Here is a close up of the quote:


Yes...it is a Winnie the Pooh quote but it is still awesome! Plus - who doesn't love Winnie the Pooh?

Here is a closer look at Mrs. Monkey... or in this case Mrs. "Baby" Monkey :)


I hope you enjoyed today's project and I look forward to seeing your popped 3D image when you play along with us :)

Have a great day & happy stampin'!
Laura

Pin It

I will be entering this in the following challenges:

Bearly Mine Designs - Anything Goes
ABC Challenges - ABC23 - Pink, Green & Blue Color Challenge
Artistic Inspirations - #36 Anything Goes
Kaboodle Doodles - #166 Use any shade of pink
MarkerPop - Anything Goes
A Gem of a Challenge - Animals

15 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat

This is so adorable! I love it.

Heidi Brawley

OMG I Love this card!!! It is soooo darn cute!!!!

Regina Easter

awe that monkey is the sweetest...such an adorable project

Marcy

I love Mrs. Baby Monkey and I love Winnie the Pooh!!! :) Your layering is fantastic Laura! This challenge was a lot of fun! :)

Angi Barrs

Adorable! Love the bottle and the cute little monkey!

Dangina Martinez

Super cute. Love your 3D and that adorable bottle/ sentiment.
Hugs, Dangina

Jacqueline Smith

What a fabulous card, love the coloring job and all the details on card!

Ivonne

This is so beautiful! Love the colors and the Winnie the Pooh quote. The coloring is amazing!

Athina

Wow! I am blown away! This is just too adorable Laura! I love the way you did the sentiment and the bottle and that monkey.... too sweet!

Unknown

Very cute monkey. Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles.

Sue

This is gorgeous. I love the way you have coloured and layered up that cute monkey. The sentiment is beautiful and the layout is fabulous.
Thank you for taking part in A Gem of a Challenge this week
Sue xx

Unknown

This IS a sweet monkey baby.

Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

Michelle Looi

Love how the sweet monkey pops out!
Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles!
~Michelle

Jacquel

This is a really sweet card Laura! I love it...especially the cute monkey!!!! Thanks so much for playing with us @ ABC Challenges!!!!

FroggieStamps

So cute, love that monkey!

Thanks for playing along with the MarkerPOP! challenge! :)

-Kelli

Post a Comment