Thursday, April 11, 2013

Make your own Pattern Paper

Hi Stampers!

Happy Thursday! I am busy working on my dishes...gah! One of my most dreaded chores! I need to get them done so I can go work in the craft room for awhile though - which is waaaay more fun :D

Thursday means we get to see some Inspiration from Ceal! Today Ceal's card reminded me of a technique that I love doing....making your own background paper using your stamps! That way you can create a custom look that is perfect for what you are needing AND as a bonus you get to hoard all of the pretty designer paper you have that is too gorgeous to cut up - LOL! That is if you are anything like me...some papers are super hard for me to use because they are so pretty and I want to only use them on the perfect project - LOL! Only my fellow paper hoarders will understand :)

Here is Ceal's pretty card:



Ceal took the doily stamp from the My Mind's Eye Lost and Found 3 Ruby stamp set and stamped them in alternating shades of Tim Holtz Distress Inks creating her background. This is such an elegant, yet easy to do design that looks amazing! Add your sentiment, pop a few blings on there because bling makes everything better...and you have a gorgeous card design that you can use for a lot of different occasions!
Love it!

Well...I better get back to the dishes...they are still there...waiting for me! I was hoping that they would wash themselves, but no such luck!

Have a great night!
Laura
Pin It

1 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat

I totally understand paper hoarding, lol. I used to hoard because I was sure one day I would be good enough to use such pretty paper. Now I look back on some of it and wonder what I was thinking, lol. Your styles and tastes change with experience. Who knew? This is so adorable! Love the colors and the images she used.

Post a Comment