Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Yummy...Ice Cream!

Hi Stampers!

Sorry for the late post today for my Design team project for The Cutting Cafe. My sister called me about 11:15 this morning to let me know that my Step-Dad might have to have his foot or part of it amputated. He apparently got an infection in it quite awhile ago and did not go to the doctor and it has now spread into his bone and is going up his leg. They put a drain in it this morning and did an MRI and are running some other tests so we are waiting to hear what they suggest be done. Pretty scary! Not  the way I wanted to get woke up after only 3 hours of sleep. He lives in Arizona too, so we can't be at the hospital - so I am just sitting here waiting for news. They thought they would know something about 5:30 this evening.

While I am waiting I am trying to stay busy and I wanted to get my Design team project posted!

Regina has been unveiling some AWESOME new files over this last month so if you haven't checked out the new release section at The Cutting Cafe - you are missing out!

This week we had to use a few of the newer release sets. We had to use the String & Button Envelope Template and then we could choose one of the four Tall Cards that are designed to fit inside this special envelope. We could us the Tall Cake, Tall Flowers, Tall Present or  Tall Ice Cream. They are all so cute it was hard to pick :) Here is what I finally settled on...




ICE CREAM :) I thought this cone was super adorable! This is a shaped folded card - how cute is THAT?

Here is a close up of my envelope ...



I decorated my envelope using one of my favorite Kenny K images from Whimsy Stamps called Troublemaker. I colored her with my copic markers and the pants are colored with spectrum noir markers. After coloring my image I cut her out and popped her up on dimensionals on a cute notebook paper I found laying around :) The carefree moment is a Lilybee rub on. The hanging bead from my twine end is actually a paper bead I made using Regina's Paper Beads Template file.

Here is a look at the back of the String & Button Envelope ...

Closed


Opened


Close up of my Star Brads

I really love this envelope file! I think it would be super cute to use these in a mini album! I plan on trying that out someday :)

Now here is a close up of my Tall Ice Cream Cone Shaped Card ...



The cone part I embossed both horizontally and vertically with an embossing folder that has random twigs on it for texture. The Middle ice cream scoop is created using another new file from The Cutting Cafe called Ice Cream Flavors Printable Background Set.  Love this paper :) My other scoops are from My Mind's Eye.

Here is a close up of my Troublemaker image ...


Thanks for stopping by today! Also...be sure to stop by The Cutting Cafe Inspiration Blog and see what the other Design Team members created! If you leave a comment on the post there you could win 3 free files of your choice! Awesome!

Happy Stampin!
Laura

Pin It
I will be entering this in the following challenges:

Whimsical Designs - Shaped cards
Nutcrafters - Shaped Cards
Fresh Brewed Blog - Sweet Treats
Anything Goes Challenge Blog - Challenge 89 - Mail It
Cards and More - Challenge 79 Add Some Metal
Everybody Art Challenge - Challenge #230 Shaped Cards
Ladybug Crafts Ink TLT Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Top Tip Tuesday - Girls and Boys Come Out to Play


20 comments:

Regina Easter

Laura first let me say I will keep your step dad in my prayers. Also sending you a big hug. I must say that you have really out done yourself in the set. It is beyond fantastic. Your fantastic. Thank you

Unknown

Prayers for your dad. Hugs. Awesome work.

Holly AKA KopyKat

This is so super cute! Love the image you used and your coloring is fabulous. The Ice Cream was a perfect match with her. Adorable.

Prayers for you and your family, hope your step Dad has a speedy healing time.

Rose

prayers for your step dad :) yummy ice cream and WOW on the envi girl :)

Angi Barrs

Super sweet! Sending prayers to you and your family!

Deloris

Very cute card! Hope your dad has a speedy recovery!

Carolyn Wolff

Awesome card and envelope. I really like the addition of the stars. Great job.

Hope your step dad has a speedy recovery.

oscaralley

Sending prayers your way! Super Cute Card and envelope!!!

Lisa Minckler

Definitely keeping your step-dad in my prayers and you as well. I wish him all the best and as for your card and envelope...AWESOME. Love the texture on your cone and the Kenny K looks terrific!!
hugs,
Lisa x

Audrey L.

I wiil add your family to my prayers. Your card and envelope are fabulous! I love everything about them. I plan to get some Kenny K images and this one is on the list!

Sparkly Engineer

Love that the envie has a great stamped image that goes with the card. I love the stars and paper bead on the envie as well.

Really liked the embossing on the icecream cone and the teal mat around the card. Excellent!

Elaine Stark

This is fabulous. I love the colours, the image and design. Great project. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Sheryl

Oh How FUN! What a super cute and "SWEET" ice cream cone card! I love that you decorated the envelope so special also! What a special treat!
Thank you for joining us at Freshly Brewed Challenges!
Hugs, Sheryl

Sally

This is great love it. Thanks for joining us at LCI this time.
Hugs Sally xxx

DaileyScrapper

Great card. I love your image.
Thanks for joining us at Whimsical Designs.
Yvette

Sabrina aka Chaosküken

Wonderful colors - unfortunately you did not follow our challenges rules at Cards and More. We have a maximum of five challenges, but we would love to see you again!

Hugs
Sabrina

Jean Cross

Yummo! Card is delicious. Love the cone embossing.

Annette

Fabulous. I love the ice cream. We just need the weather for one now!! LOL
Annette
Netty's Cards
Proud to design for Top Tip Tuesday.
xx

Linda Anderson

Oh my goodness, this is fabulous!!!! Love that ice cream cone. Thanks for joining us at the Fresh Brewed Blog.

Linda

Unknown

This is so creative! Great colors, and what a fun image too. Thank you for joining us at Whimsical Designs.

Post a Comment