Saturday, April 6, 2013

No Color Anya

Hi Stampers!

Hope you are enjoying your weekend so far! Today is my very first day to take over Saturday's Inspiration Day for Jacqueline. So I hope to inspire you just as much :)

I really love to play along in challenges because sometimes they can really make you think and try something new. It is fun to kind of go outside your normal style once in awhile. That is what I did for today's inspiration project! I saw an interesting challenge on the Anyone for Anya Challenge blog of creating a project where you could not color your image. Now...I have been working really hard on my coloring and trying to learn new things using copic markers so this was a huge stretch for me to NOT color an image - LOL! So I decided to jump out of my box, mix it up and try something totally new :)

Here is my card...with NO COLORING! YIKES!




All in all I actually think it turned out super cute! This is one of my favorite Anya images called Do Si Do Anya. When I saw her the very first time I always pictured her as having a cute yellow gingham dress so since I couldn't color her...I used the colors for my background papers and then paper pieced her bow to tie the image in :) My papers are from the new Bo Bunny Prairie Chic paper pack.

I created a few of my own embellishments for this card - I made a faux button for the heart so it matched my paper. If you have never made your own button before it is TOTALLY easy and I love doing it because no matter what - you will always have the perfect button to match your project! To create my button this is all I did:

1. Punched out 5 - 3/4" circles out of crumb cake cardstock.
2. Punched out 1 - 3/4" circle of my designer paper for the top.
3. Used my button hole punch to punch each circle with the holes. I do this before gluing them together because it gets too thick other wise. I punch one, keep it on my button hole punch and then use it as a guide for the other ones.
4. Glue each of the circles together making sure the button holes line up. Glue your designer paper circle on top.
5. Take a fingernail file or sandpaper, whatever you have and sand the edges to make the edges disappear and become smooth.
6. You can then add glossy accents if you want to make it shiny - I didn't want a shiny button so I just sponged it instead with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Walnut Stain. Added some twine and that's it!

I also added a loopy bloom that I created using the My Favorite Things Die-Namics Die Loopy Blooms - which are my new favorite addiction - LOL! They are just too cute! The sentiment is from the new Greeting Farm Die set called Delicate Words Die. I totally LOVE this die! This is my first die that I have that creates words and I love how they look!

For my layout I used this week's sketch from The Greeting Farm's Double Take Tuesday Challenge:



I hope I inspired you to take some chances once in awhile and try a new style or technique that you may not otherwise try!

Be sure to join us right here tomorrow to hop along with our Design Team on our Sensational Sunday Inspirations Blog Hop! We have an awesome prize up for grabs that will be hidden on one of the Design Team members blogs! It is a lot of fun and you get loads of Inspiration from the team :)

Have a great weekend!
Happy Stampin!
Laura

Pin It

I will be entering this in the following challenges:

The Greeting Farm - Double Take Tuesday Sketch
Anyone for Anya - No Color, No Cry!
2 Sisters Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
Crafty Ribbons - Anything Goes With Ribbon
Moving Along with the Times - Let's Get Krafty - Use Kraft
Tuesday Alchemy - #53 Over the Pastel Rainbow
Top Tip Tuesday - #98 - Girls & Boys Come out to Play
ABC Challenges - K is for Kraft
By the Cute & Girls - April Challenge - Vintage
Natalie & Amy's Challenge - Monochromatic
Cupcake Craft Challenges - Use Kraft
Lexi's Creations - Use Punches & Dies
Simon Says Stamp & Show - Anything Goes




16 comments:

A Little Bit of Lovely

That is truly adorable!

Alyce Kit and Clowder

stunning! i love the kraft... it is just so beautiful :)

Holly AKA KopyKat

This is so adorable, love the little paper pieced bow and the fabulous design.

zub momi

This is such a cute card! Love your handmade button and color combo. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Tuesday Alchemy :)

Faye

I really like this card. I would never have thought of putting Kraft with yellow, but it looks great. Thanks for playing at Cupcake this week. X

Angi Barrs

Gorgeous! Looks fab with no color too!

Donna

Sweet card and such a pretty design Thanks for entering our challenge over at Cupcake this week :) Donna ♥ x

Rachel Parys

This is absolutely adorable! I love the combo of the yellow and kraft paper! Thanks for joining the TGF challenge!

Sue B

Aww this is really sweet Laura… what a cute image and she looks fab on the Kraft with just the bow coloured… I love the paper and the gorgeous loopy flower and lace… and the heart and button are just perfect!! it's a wonderful design! :-)
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week!
Hugs Sue xx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans

Lovely card, love the textured heart and gorgeous dimensional flower. The Kraft/brown card looks lovely against the lemon background. Lovely. Thanks so much for,joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

Candy C

Wow! How tough would that be to do a card with no coloring when you're stamping images? Well, you did a wonderful job on this card! Love the dimensional flower, the button and the bit of lace! Thanks for sharing your card with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Annette

Wow, lovely monochrome image, really classy.
Annette
Netty's Cards
Proud to design for Top Tip Tuesday.
xx

Lin

Thank you for joining us at Lexi's Creations and also at ABC with this fabulous creation.

Lin xx

Geraldine

That is one really cute card! Love love, love your loopy flower. Thank you for sharing with us at BTC&G's Vintage challenge.
Geraldine

Brigitte

I love it!!!! YOur loopy flower is gorgeous and I like how you went out of your confort zone! Her ribbon is awesome. Thanks for joining us this month at BTC&G and we hope to see you again next challenge. Hugs, Brigitte

Susie Little

Wonderful card, thank you so much for playing along with Natalie & Amy's Challenge! xx

Post a Comment