Saturday, July 13, 2013

Out of My Comfort Zone...

Hi Stampers!

Well after about 3 hours of trying to organize my craft disaster and find my desk...I finally found it! Good thing because I have lots of projects to get made because I want to get ahead a little bit :)

Here is what I made for your Inspiration today...


This card is totally out of my style element - LOL! I normally do not use the bright, bold colors but I saw a challenge on Anyone For Anya to create a card based on this inspiration photo...


When I saw this I immediately thought of the Anya Blooms stamp from The Greeting Farm because of the flowers. I also thought that the color scheme of kraft, burgundy, orange, and dark and light pinks was intriguing. So I thought I would try it out! I don't think it turned out to bad! That is one of the fun things about challenges! Sometimes it is fun to go outside your comfort zone a little and try something new! I never would have put these colors together on my own. My Sentiment is from the Anya Celebrates stamp set.

For my layout I used the sketch from this week's Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge...


Anyway...I hope you were not too blinded by my Bright, Bold, Summer colors - LOL! What do you think of my Blonde Hair color? I have never tried coloring blonde hair with my copics because I don't have many colors yet so I just kind of grabbed a few that looked "Blondish" and went with it - LOL! I kind of like it - more of a golden strawberry blonde.

Here is one last look at my Anya...


Thanks for stopping by! also... Don't forget about our DESIGN TEAM CALL!
Laura

I will be entering this in the following challenges:

Anyone For Anya - July Inspiration Photo Challenge
Sweet Sketch Wednesday - Sketch 214
The Greeting Farm - Farm Fresh Friday Punches & Dies
Yumi & Fumi - Challenge #20 - Card for any Celebration
Color Me Creative - Anything Goes #72
One Stop Craft Challenge - Summer Colors
The Paper Shelter - #120 Swirly Girly

18 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat

Well it might be out of your comfort zone, but you did a great job. Love the colors and the coloring, your pleats look fabulous. Love the great card design and how you used this sketch. So cute.

Yeah, the desk is clear!

Joanna M.

Wow, I love all the texture on this card. I think that the orange is stunning. Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful card with us!
~Jo, SSW-DT

Heide

Super duper cute! Love the orange and all the sparkle. Happy to have you with us.
Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

Marcy

This is gorgeous Laura! Anya Blooms is one of my favorite new images! You did an awesome job with the sketch and with your coloring. So pretty! :)

mulberry station

What a gorgeous card. I love your coloring. Thanks for sharing your card with us.
Nancy SSW-DT

eva

this is so pretty! love the colors and layout! thanks for joining the challenge at yumi and fumi handmade!

Rachel Parys

You have framed her up perfectly!! Totally gorgeous! Thanks for joining the TGF challenge!!

Linda Anderson

What an adorable card!! Such a sweet image, colored so masterfully!! Thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Linda

Jeannie

Such gorgeous coloring and an all around perfect card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Kathie

Oh Laura what a pretty card, I love this sweet image and your wonderful colours you've used. The photo inspiration of those Gerbera's are wonderful I adore Gerbera's. Love your lace and added bling. Great card and thanks so much for joining us this week over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-DT

Andreja

Beautiful card you made!
Thank you for playing with us at OneStopCraftChallenge :-))
Hugs, Andreja

Colien

Wonderful made, lovely card. Congrats. you won the photochallenge at Anyone for Anya!
grtz.Colien
DT member AFA.

Shelby Goolsby

Super cute card!! I love the colors, so bright and cheerful. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter.

Sally Dube

Gorgeous card - Love the bright colors and your coloring is amazing!!
So glad you played along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!!
Blessings to you!!
Sally SSW-DT

Arlana 11426

Beautiful colors! Such a fun image! Arlana@SSW!!!

Sharon Basel

Terrific card - the colors are fantastic together here. And your coloring of that cute image is amazing. Thanks for joining us at SSW!
Sharon, SSW-DT

Michele Spera

Adorable card:-) Thank you for joining us at CMC
Hugs
Michele

Leanne

I think it's awesome Laura!! Great job with the photo! Adorable card!
Thanks again for joining us at Yumi & Fumi Handmade! Good luck!
:D
xx

Post a Comment