Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pink Champagne & CAKE!

Hi Stampers!

Today is a new challenge at Crafty Sentiments Designs called BLING IT ON! This week we want you to break out your bling and use it on a project!

This week I decided to try making a cute box that is decorated in the shape of a cake using flower soft and paint. I had seen this cute box designed by Mindy Baxter a long time ago and it has always been on my "to try" list and I thought this week's challenge was perfect for it!

Here is my version...




I decided to make my cake using Blue and Cream colors with a little silver mixed in. I used the adorable Cheers stamp from Crafty Sentiments Designs and colored her with my copics. My copic markers bleed through my paper in spots so I placed her on black cardstock and cut out the image leaving a border.

My cake was created using the 3"x3" notecard box tutorial on splitcoaststampers and then I used inspiration from Mindy's cake to decorate. I used FolkArt Metallic Acrylic paint in Blue Pearl, which I will be adding this to our store soon. This is a pretty paint with a silver shimmer. It didn't stay raised like I hoped like Mindy's paint, but it still looks really pretty.

I covered the bottom using Delphinium Blue Flower Soft Sprinkles and created my own flowers using the My Favorite Things Large Rolled Rose Die-Namics to create the cream roses. To created the Rolled Blue flowers I just punched a 1 3/4" circle and cut it in a spiral and rolled it using my Hybrid petal Roller Tool.

Here is a look at the top...


My sentiment tags are from LOTV that I stamped in Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Walnut Stain and my large center flower I created using the My Favorite Things Loopy Bloom Die-Namics. This flower I made using a cream colored felt. This is one of my FAVORITE Dies! LOVE IT! My bling flourishes on top are from prima.

Here is a close up of my beautiful Cheers image from Crafty Sentiments Designs...


I think this is a super cute box that you can put a little gift in for someones birthday! I hope you play along with us this week and get your bling on!

Thanks for stopping by! I will be sharing my Inspirational Piece for this week's Loves Rubberstamps Challenge of Using a Charm on tomorrow's post, but feel free to play along before then :)

For the Our Daily Bread Challenge that I am entering this into ... I used this cake for Inspiration...


Have a great day!
Laura

I will be entering this in the following challenges:

Bearly Mine Challenges - #96 Anything Goes
Deep Ocean Challenge - BLUE
Ladybug Crafts Ink TLT Challenge - Birthday Greetings
Our Daily Bread Designs - Inspired by Cake
The Emerald Fairies Challenge Blog - Happy Birthday
Craft Your Passion Challenges - Happy Birthday
Crafty Cardmakers - #96 Birthday
Creative Creations Challenges - #15 Anything Goes
Simply Create Too - #42 Anything But a Card

13 comments:

Lin

Your image is beautifully coloured. Love how you have done her cheeks. The dress and hair band are so pretty all glittered up. The cake is very clever. The two together are gorgeous

Thanks for sharing with us

Lin xx
Crafty Cardmakers

Unknown

ITS BEAUTIFUL VERY CREATIVE AND SO SPARKLY LOVE IT X

Flutterby Trina

too cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Creations Challenges with our 'Anything Goes' challenge! Good Luck, remember you can enter upto three times and we have a DT call :) Hope to see you again soon xxx

Holly AKA KopyKat

OMGosh this is so adorable. I love the cake box and the blingy dress. So cute.

Jules

A beautiful card, and I love the way you've added the glitter to the dress it really makes it pop. Thank you for joining us at BMD. Good Luck xoxoxo

Sоnia

Great making of the box and adorable colored image. Thanks for joining Crafty Cardmakers' challenge.

Janice

This is just brilliant - what a cute box and a beautifully coloured image. Love that image and her glitter dress! Thanks for stopping by my blog while I was on holiday - sorry it's taken me this long to get back to you, Jx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug

Oh how sweet!! Love your little box and the glittered dress!! Beautiful!! Thanks for joining the inspiration challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs this week!!

Claire Dale

Beautiful creation!! Thank you for joining us at our 'Anything but a card' challenge at Simply Create Too!
Claire xx
SCT DT

Papercraft By Carole

What a great project. I love the image you have used - very sassy. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this time. Cxx

Delphine

Gorgeous project! Great design and I love your image! Thanks for joining us at Deep Ocean and good luck! Delphine xx

Athina

She looks like she is ready for a night out on the town! Adorable project!

DianeMoneyGoolsby

Laura: Your box for our Challenge #42 - "Anything But a Card" is so pretty!

We hope to see your beautiful work in all our upcoming challenges at Simply Create Too--why not come back by Friday for our newest?

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Post a Comment