Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Tall & Skinny...

Hi Stampers!

I wish I was talking about myself in the title but no such luck! I am more of a short and squatty unfortunately! What I am talking about though is this week's new Loves Rubberstamps Challenge of Skinny Cards! If I can't be skinny...I might as well make my cards skinny - LOL! This week our challenge is to create a card that will mail in a standard business size envelope, which would make your card a 4"x9" card. Tall & Skinny!

Here is my sample...


 I absolutely adore the Whimsy Stamps Wee Collection...it is one of my super favorites...and their Christmas images are super cute. You may remember that a few weeks ago we did the Christmas in July challenge and I used the Wee Collection Berry image (you can look at my project here) which was also super cute and I just think that this Holly image is a perfect companion! So YAY me... TWO Christmas Cards made for this year so far! It is a RECORD! LOL!

I colored Miss Holly here with a mix of copic markers and Spectrum Noir. I used my Tim Holtz Distress Walnut Stain to ink the edges. I don't think I can make one project without this! I used Liquid applique and dazzling diamonds on the snow to give it dimension. The Holly Spray I created using the Martha Stewart Branch punch and added 3 little red bling gems. I kept the embellishments simple because this will be mailed in the business envelope. I even used some of my hoarded Stampin Up! paper...yikes! This is my favorite pack of Christmas Paper and this is only the second time I have brought myself to use it! My Sentiment though is from a Simple Stories Paper line called Handmade Holiday.

Here are some close ups of Holly...


And another that I left a little darker so you could see the snow dimension better...


I hope you liked my project and it has inspired you to get Tall & Skinny with us this week! I also want to remind you that there is only one week left to try out for our Design Team! We are looking for all skill levels, and no design team experience is necessary to be considered. Read all about how to apply and requirements here! We would love to have have you try out!

Thanks for stopping by!
Laura

I will be entering this in the following challenges:
MarkerPOP - #27 - Lovely Locks
Creative Creations Challenges - #15 Anything Goes
Paper Playtime - #15 Patterned Paper
Stamp and Create - July Challenge - Christmas in July
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes Challenge 30
CMC Copic Challenge - Anything Goes
Totally Gorjuss - Christmas in July - #194
Clearly IStamp - Christmas in July - Challenge 3
Crafty Catz - Challenge 193 - Christmas in July
Polkadoodles - Christmas in July

Here are the Products I used on my card:
Stampin Up designer Paper
Simple Stories - Handmade Holiday Paper

15 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat

OMGosh she is so adorable!!! I am not tall and skinny, nor do I resemble this totally cute little gal. Love that you combined a few past challenges, hoarded paper, Christmas. Your coloring is fabulous. I love it.

Flutterby Trina

oh my word she is amazing! Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Creations Challenges with our 'Anything Goes' challenge! Good Luck, remember you can enter upto three times and we have a DT call :) Hope to see you again soon xxx

Unknown

So cute! You did a great job with this card. Love the embellishments too! Thanks for entering the ClearlyiStamp Christmas in July Challenge! Debbie McNamee CiSCDT

Rene

Beautiful!!!!! Love the colors and design work...and of course your image is sweet as can be! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Stamp and Create! Good luck!
Rene :D

designermc

How cute is this image and your coloring is fabulous. Thanks for joining us over at 613 Avenue Create this week. Nancy

Indy's Designs

What a beautiful card! Love the way you colored the image and added fabulous details! So glad you shared at Clearly iStamp's Christmas Challenge!
{hugs}
Indy

Shanna Shands

Amazing coloring. I agree the Wee's are so cute! Great tall and skinny!

Unknown

Gorgeous, thank you for joining us at Creative Creations Challenges this week
Kate xxx
CCC DT

Athina

Wowzers! You have really brought her to life! So beautiful! I am tall, but I really wish I had the skinny too. lol

Unknown

What a fabulous coloring! Love the unusual shape of this project. Thank you for joining our challenge at Crafty Catz and I hope you will come back again.
Hugs,
Anna xxx

Katy

This is so sweet! I love your coloring and the lace and pearls add such a charming touch to the card. Thank you so much for joining us at Clearly iStamp! Hugs-Katy DT:)

Unknown

This is a beautiful skinny card - love the christmasy colors and that cute image on these dimensions! :)
Have a nice day...

Kathy D.

Your coloring is OUTSTANDING!! Wowsers!!

Thanks for playing in Clearly iStamp Challenge #3 - Christmas in July! See you TODAY when challenge #4 is posted. I’m so excited it will be so fun!!

Kathy D.
Clearly Digi Stamps DT/Clearly iStamp Challenge Coordinator

Marcy

This is so pretty Laura! I love this sweet image and your coloring is so beautiful!

alethea

This is gorgeous!! YOur colouring beautiful!Thanks for joining us at Polka doodles!!! HUgsxx

Post a Comment