Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A Little Take Out..

Hi Stampers!

First off I want to say that my thoughts and prayers are with all the Federal Workers and their families who are furloughed while this whole Government fiasco is being hashed out! Hopefully Congress gets their act together quickly and they get folks back to work and things running again ASAP!

This week at The Cutting Cafe the Design team was asked to use the Chinese Take Out Box Template. Now, when I first read our assignment I was coming up with different ideas and themes, but hadn't look at the size of the box first - LOL! So when I saw that this box was actually a super cute LITTLE box - I had to change  my game plan - LOL! This adorable little box measures 1.75" x 2.25" when it is assembled!! Perfect to give a little treat in :)

Here is my little box...


I think it turned out really cute :) This was such a quick and easy project, you could make quite a few for little party favors or a little treat for the kiddos during the holidays. I used some of my scraps of designer paper that I had to cover my box. Because it is a smaller size it is a great project for using them up! After covering my box with Designer papers, I just punched a 1 1/4" circle and made a little snowman face. I used sparkly pebbles chalk on the cheeks and black pearls for eyes and then just used a black marker to drawn in the mouth. I popped the face up on dimensionals and then used a scrap piece of ribbon to create a scarf. Quick and Easy!

Here is a peak at the side of my box...


I added a contrasting designer paper on my side "wings" and added some crochet lace and an antiqued brad that had a white wash to hold it all in place.


I love the size of this box! For Christmas this year, I want to make a little advent project using these little boxes. They are just the perfect size to hang on your tree and the kids can get a treat off the tree as they count down the days till Santa arrives :)

Thanks for stopping by today! Be sure to stop by The Cutting Cafe Inspirational Blog early this evening to see all the different ways the Design Team decorated their Chinese Take Out Boxes!

Have a great day!
Laura

I will be entering this in the following challenges:

Sparkles Christmas Challenge - Anything But a Card
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Whoopsi Daisy - Anything But A Card
Glitter N Sparkle Challenge - Add Some Metal (Antique Metal Brads)
Delicious Doodles Challenge - Eyelets or Brads


11 comments:

Anonymous

Oh Laura, your little box is fabulous! I really love his cheeky little face and the ribbon for the scarf. Very well done. Thanks for sharing your lovely project with us at Sparkles Christmas Challenges this month, hope to see you again.

Hugs
Brenda

Anonymous

Adorable!! :)) I can see how you were limited on space & you did such a fab job making it work!! :))
So well done!
It's the perfect size for school treats!! :))

Holly AKA KopyKat

What a super cute, teeny tiny box! Love it.

Regina Easter

how adorable is this..i simply love love love it

D-

Your take out box turned out wonderfully. LOVE it. TFS.
Crafty hugs,
D~
designsbydragonfly.blogspot

Julie Odil

I love this, Laura! That handle is precious.

Mitralee

Super sweet LOVE that handle! And the soft colors!

PaperDaisies

Laura, this is so sweet. You have managed to create a little cutie in such a small space. It's adorable. Hope this comment finds you well. Hugs Nina

Marcy

Love your altered take out box! You are so creative with your ideas and designs. Love this! :)

Sandra

Adorable teke out box Laura!!
love the snowman :-)
Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges!
Hugs,Sandra

Athina

What a great box for a Christmas treat!

Post a Comment