Monday, October 28, 2013

Sweet Calendula

Hi Stampers!

Hope you had a great weekend! I was off and got caught up on a few things around the house, not as caught up as I hoped but that is usually the story of how things go - LOL! Saturday night my husband and son and I went to see the movie Gravity finally! The version that was playing in the theater was the 3D version and all I can say is WOW! 3D has come a long long way since the old blue and red paper glasses - LOL! The imagery and the 3D effects were really, really good! There was one scene where Sandra Bullock's character was crying and a tear came off her cheek and was floating away towards you in the theater. It kept coming and coming and you literally felt as if you could reach up and touch it. Which was pretty cool! It is an intense movie though, but I would recommend it :)

Today we have an adorable project created by Olivia using the super sweet Pure Innocence Calendula from My Favorite Things.  


I love this image and had never heard of a Calendula flower before I saw this image. Then I learned that a Calendula is a Marigold - which is what I know them as - LOL! See stamping can be educational! I really love all the summery prints and colors between the different designer papers, twine and the way Olivia colored this cutie up! That blue is so pretty for the flower! Those beautiful papers and the flower accent are from the Echo Park Beautiful Life 12x12 Paper and Accessories Kit.  

Such a pretty card! Makes me miss Summer already :) Be sure to check out our new items section in the store this week...have LOTS of new things that will be listed over the week!

Thanks for stopping by today!
Laura