Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween

Hi Stampers!

Wow! I can't believe that it is Halloween already!! ! This year is certainly flying by! Do you have any spooky plans tonight? It is beggar's night for us tonight. My kids are too old to go anymore so we stay home and pass out candy. It is so fun to see all the little ones in their costumes :) We have a lot of really little ones that stop by and they are all so adorable!  I do have to buy candy for the trick-or-treaters and then a bag of some form of chocolate for my husband so he will stay out of the trick-or-treaters candy - LOL! My son does have driver's ed tonight and of course he has to be there the same time trick or treat starts and needs picked up right after it gets over so I will miss some of it.

Ceal created an adorable card that is perfect for today!



I think this is so cute! Ceal used the Lawn Fawn Trick or Treat stamp set. How adorable are those little candy corns?!?! Ceal used her copic markers to colors these up. This is one of my favorite techniques - creating your own "background" paper using stamps! Love how it turned out!

Last night, the kids and I carved pumpkins together for the first time since they outgrew the whole trick-or-treat festivities. It was a lot of fun! I had purchased one of those master carving kits to try the fancy pumpkins and I have to say WOW! They take a long time to do and my hand is super sore - LOL - but the pumpkins turn out so cool looking!

Here are our finished masterpieces:


This one is Austin's. He decided to do freestyle :) The face is more of a traditional jack-o-lantern when it is lit up but he also carved the outer shell, for the nose and eyes, so when the light is on - it actually reminds you kind of of ET - LOL!


This one is Alicia's pumpkin! She was super proud of herself :)

And finally...here is mine:



Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you all have a safe and Happy Halloween!

Laura

3 comments:

jonim52

Awesome carved pumpkins, I carved one for our Pumpkin Festival here in little ole Keene, NH.We hold the world's record, but mine is still uncarved for tonight. Boo Hoo! These holiday some too quickly.

Holly AKA KopyKat

Happy Halloween! This card is so adorable!!! I love candy corn.
Fabulous pumpkins! I think you all are amazing at your carvings. Joe painted our pumpkins last night and yeah, we have minions!!!

Anonymous

Happy Halloween!! Hope you all had a fun night !!
Your pumpkins are fabulous -- my fave is Alicia's little scene...!!
It reminds me of the cover of a book that I read to my kindergarten class!!
:)) :)) Great job on all of them & your witch is spooky !!

Love Ceal's candy corn card, too!! I have that lawn fawn set & I love it!!
Xo

Post a Comment