Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Let's Get BASTED!

Hi Stampers!

I will have TWO posts for you today! First up is my post for this week's new Love's Rubberstamps challenge! This week we want to see FALL LEAVES or PUMPKINS on your project! Or you can be adventurous and use both :)

Here is my project...



I used the C.C. Designs Monkey Feet Tom Turkey image and colored him with my prismacolor pencils because I wanted him to be soft looking. My papers are from the Authentique Thankful Paper pack. My embossed panel I created using a Sizzix embossing folder called Autumn Words (I think) and the cardstock I used is the Tim Holtz Core'dinations Distress Rusty Hinge. After embossing it, I lightly rubbed a nail file over the top to sand the words. I will be getting this cardstock listed in the store soon :)

Here is a closer look at my sentiment. You can see I layered some brown skeleton leaves behind the sentiment for my Fall Leaves :)



This sentiment cracks me up :D It is actually a Digi from Whimsie Doodles. 

I also used a sketch for my layout from Sketch 'N Stash:



I hope you enjoyed my project! Be sure to check back later this morning for my Crafty Sentiments Designs - Design team post :)

Come play along with us! Have a great day!
Laura

I will be entering this into the following challenges:

Sketch 'N Stash - Sketch Challenge #19
Totally Papercrafts - Challenge 188 - 1,2,3 
Artistic Inpirations - Anything Goes Challenge 
Bunny Zoe's Crafts Challenge - October - Ribbon
Craft Your Passion Challenges - #184 Add Some Embossing
Kaboodle Doodles - Earth Tones or Colors
Stamp and Create - Fall or Halloween
Robyn's Fetish - Square Cards Only
The Squirrel & The Fox - Things With Wings

17 comments:

Anonymous

Hahahahaha!!! Ok, seriously...!!!??
I didn't think thanksgiving cards could be this fun - or funny!!! :))
Great card, Laura!!
:)) :))

Heidi Brawley

OMG this is soooo stinking cute! LOVE LOVE your card!!! hugs, Heidi

MommyScraps

LOVE the effect of the sanding on the embossing! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion!
Hugs, Adina

Holly AKA KopyKat

Oh he so cute and I love the skelaton leaves, those are so cool. Fabulous core paper design with your dp.

~@ngie~

a fantastic card & great image... love the dp's & the distressing :)

Thanx for joining in with us over at Sketch N Stash.... good luck :)

hugz Angie xXx

Dangina Martinez

LOL!! That is such a funny sentiment. Your Tom looks fabulous and so does that emboss.

jonim52

That turkey card is adorable, love the sentiment.

Unknown

What a hysterical sentiment lol! Your Thanksgiving card is fabulous. :) Thanks for joining us at The Squirrel and The Fox.

IamUniquelyImperfect

I love the turkey card! That sentiment just cracked me up!! tfs Love ya' Patricia

Marcy

This is so adorable Laura! I want to make something with this cute turkey and your sentiment totally made me smile. Great papers and love that trim too! :)

Shanna Shands

I love the title. Awesome coloring. I love the co'ordinations cardstock. I need to get some an play around with that sanding technique!

Sherry

Oh My Word I Love This Sentiment Lol. Too Cute .. Good Luck And Thanxx For Playing With Us At The Robyn's Fetish Challenge *Square Cards * ...
Sherry - Robyn's Fetish DT

Amy A

Oh my gosh, how cute is this?? Love the image with that sentiment!! So cute and funny! Love the colors you've chosen and the embossed sanding looks fabulous! Thank you for joining us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge this week.

Amy ~DT

PaperDaisies

What a fabulous card. I love the choice of sentiment. It's perfect. You have coloured Tom beautifully. Have a great weekend. Hugs Nina

Athina

Love the sentiment with the image. He is colored beautifully and I love the embossing on the background papers. Very cute!

My Creative Therapy

Hi it's Kathi the Co-Owner at 613 Avenue Create and I wanted to let you know that I chose your card for our Honorable Mention list this week! Congratulations and stop by to pick up your badge!
Kathi

Bunny

Hey, Laura. I was entering my card into a challenge and saw yours. It is so funny. Great coloring.

Post a Comment