Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Let It Snow!

Do not think by my title that I am asking for snow! I am not a snow person, a winter person or even a cold person and the only snow that I like to see is on my cards - LOL! And the only time I ever want to see snow in the Winter is when I don't have to go outside in it and I can stay home in my flannel jammies with coffee or hot chocolate :) Oh..and on Christmas, I love a white Christmas. OK...enough about SNOW - LOL!

For my card today I am combining my Design Team Posts for Crafty Sentiments Designs and Loves Rubberstamps challenges.

This week I am hosting the challenge at Crafty Sentiments Designs and we want to see your Favorite Technique. And if you don't really have a favorite technique you can still play along by just using your favorite color combination :)

My absolute FAVORITE thing to do is create scenes using sponges. I am not very good with a brayer so I use sponges instead. Believe it or not but the background panel on my Christmas card is all one layer. I just used post it notes to mask off different areas before sponging and then added liquid applique with dazzzling diamonds to create a little dimension on my tree branch, along the frozen creek and for some drifts. The tree branch and the sentiment are from the Tattered Angels stamp set called Chillin'. I extended the letter "N" swirl with my white gel pen so it looked like ice skating marks. The image I used is from Crafty Sentiments Designs called Jasmin - Winter Skates. I colored her with copic markers and I did use spectrum noir for the reds and the lightest green color. Then I just cut her out and popped her on dimensionals. I added some more liquid applique with dazzling diamonds on her hat.



I have had quite a few people ask if we will be getting more Crafty Sentiments Designs in the store and the answer is YES! I do plan on getting ALL of the Crafty Sentiments Designs images that we can carry listed in the store as a preorder. That way we make sure we are ordering the customer requests first because there have been quite a few new releases since our last order! So look for those this week!

This is also my project for this week's Loves Rubberstamps Challenge which is EVERYONE's super favorite... Anything Goes! So if you have a chance to get crafty this week...use your favorite technique or color combo and then enter it in BOTH of our challenges :D We can't wait to see what you create!

Here are the Copics/Spectrum Noir Markers that I used that I can remember :)

Skin: E00, E11, E21, R20 and Spectrum Noir F1
Hair: E25, E31, E33
Brown on Clothes: E31, E33

Thanks for stopping by today!
Laura

I will be entering this in the following challenges:

Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge - No Patterned Paper
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Artistic Inspirations - Anything Goes One Layer
Addicted to Stamps - Create a Scene
Christmas Card Challenge - Anything Goes
Craft A Scene - Dusk to Dawn
Robyn's Fetish Challenges - Nature #179

14 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat

OMGosh she is so super cute! Love how you colored her up. Your sponging is fabulous, great colors and the liquid applique adds that perfect touch! Fabulous.

Dangina Martinez

Awesome scene! Looks like real water. So cool..
Tons of Hugs, Dangina

Anonymous

Gorgeous scene, Laura!!! Your details are fabulous!!!
The skating sentiment is perfect!!! :)) :))
You have rocked it!!

:)) :))

PaperDaisies

Wowsers laura. I love the scene you have created. The result is stunning. The image is a perfect addition. I love the sentiment too. Have a great week. Hugs Nina

Sue's Crafty Corner

A lovely cold, crisp feeling with this lovely scene. Thanks for joining us at Craft A Scene this month.

Sue x

~ Jo ~

Love this card! Love that background and how beautiful the image is colored in. Such a pretty winter card.
Hugs,
Jo
xox

Sue Nicholson

Lovely card and image, thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish Nature challenge, good luck cheers Sue N x

Unknown

Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspirations with our one layer/anything goes challenge, great image and colour hugs txx (DT)

Debs

Gorgeous in every detail Laura - amazing colouring.
Thanks for sharing with us at PTW this time.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Marcy

Beautiful card! I love the background scene and your sponging technique looks awesome! I'll have to give that a try!

Sandra

Another cutie Laura!! what a lovely image and I love the sky and the snow!
Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges!
Hugs,Sandra

NancyD

Lovely coloring and highlights on your image and a very nice scenic card too. Thanks for joining us at Craft a Scene. NancyD

Margo

Thanks for joining our CCC with you wonderful card!

Marlies

You've created a beautiful winter scene! A lovely background and your colouring of the image is fantastic. thanks for joining us at ATSC. Marlies

Post a Comment