Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pillow Box...BUCKET!

Hi Stampers!

Today is my posting day for The Cutting Cafe! This week the Design Team was asked to have fun with PILLOW BOXES! Regina has a TON of awesome files for all kinds of pillow boxes for many different occasions!

I decided to have a little fun with the Assorted Pillow Box File because I wanted to use a plain pillow box shape with no cutouts and this file has one. I wanted to try and use the Traditional Pillow Box in a Non-Traditional way so I made a Pillow Box BUCKET!! Take a look!



This was really not that hard to make! What I did was cut out 3 of the Pillow Box shapes and instead of closing them, you place sticky strip on the tabs you would typically close them with and adhere them end to end, closing your bucket with the last tab.

Regina's plain  Pillow Box Template is very good sized - the pillow box sides are 3 1/4" wide so my bucket turned out to be about 5 3/4" diameter! You can stuff ALOT of goodies inside it! To do the bottom, instead of scoring the curve on the end, I scored it straight across and folded the flap under and then placed a large circle on the inside and outside of the bucket to make it really sturdy.

You can do the handles different ways, across the middle, make two front to back or do like I did and create what looks like a Coffee Mug handle so my bucket looks like a ginormous cup! I knew I was going to put hot chocolate mixes, marshmallows and mint patties in mine so I chose to make the "Cup" Handle. I secured the bottom with a fancy vintage style brad.




Here is a closer peek at the front:



This image is called Cocoa from Saturated Canary which I colored with copics. I LOVE her! :)

I hope you enjoyed my unique way to use the Pillow Box File! These are so fun to make and would make great gift ideas! Be sure to see how my fellow Design team members used their Pillow Boxes on the Cutting Cafe Inspiration Blog!

Thanks for stopping by today!
Laura

I will be entering this in the following challenges:

Saturated Canary - Seasons Greetings
The Crafting Muskateers - Christmas in October
Sparkles Christmas Challenge - Anything But a Card
Bearly Mine Challenges - Anything Goes
Deep Ocean Challenge - Christmas is Around the Corner
Yumi & Fumi Challenge -  Anything Goes
Color Me Creative Challenge - Anything Goes
Christmas Stampin all Year Long - Simply Christmas
Winter Wonderland - Wrap It Up

29 comments:

Regina Easter

ackkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk that is fantastic...so how does the bottom look?

Laura Love

Thanks Regina - The bottom circle for the outside I cut a little bigger than the bucket size and then I just trimmed the sides flush with the edges of each side of the pillow box so there was no overhang. There is just a tiny gap at each joint where the circle curves, but it isn't big enough that anything will fall out. I placed a circle on the inside too that was just a little smaller than the bucket size so it was really sturdy.

Laura Love

I suppose you could even place the inner circle in - and then trace around the outside of your bucket and cut a hexagon shape to match - then there wouldn't be any gaps at all. I just thought of that - LOL! Maybe I will do that before I give it as a gift :)

PaperDaisies

Wowsers Laura. This is stunning. Love the choice of image. You have coloured her beautifully. I love the idea of a pillow box bucket. I think it is a great shape. Absolutely fabulous. Hugs Nina

She's a Color Queen

WOW, that's so clever! What a great little treat for someone. Thanks for joining us at Yumi & Fumi Handmade. :)

Hazel

What a wonderful creation. Thank you for sharing this for our Christmas challenge at Crafting Musketeers, Hazel, DT - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for October - I'd love to see it there too. x

Anonymous

Awesome girl !!!
Super innovative !!!
I love it !!! :))
Your sweet SC image looks fantastic, too!!! So well done !!! Xo

Julie Odil

very creative! Love how you made it into a bucket -- a BIG bucket!

Holly AKA KopyKat

Fabulous design! I love it. You are amazing!

downrightcrafty

what a great representation of our theme, a wonderful creation thank you so much for joining us at the Winter Wonderland
Hugs Kate xx

Fabiola

so pleased to see your wonderfull and elegant creation at csayl with our C&S challenge Laura, hope to see you next time, biz

Franz♥

Wonderful colouring and original creation Laura! Love her hair ;)

Thanks for joining us at Saturated Canary Challenge Blog:)

Hugs, Franz.

kanatanewf

Yummy! A great way to package up a chocolate treat. Thanks for sharing with us in our Anything Goes challenge at Yumi & Fumi Handmade. Sheena B (Team Fumi).

Keep It Sweet and Simple

What a fabulous treat 'cup'. Your colouring is awesome.
Thanks for the tip about making my own glue dots. I will look out for that glue -
it sounds really handy to have.
Caroline xxx

Lynsey

What a gorgeous Christmas creation! Thanks for joining in the Winter Wonderland Challenge this week!
Hugs Lynsey x

Heather

This is so pretty! And such a great way to give a gift of hot chocolate. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

Lozzy

Wow what a great design, gorgeous colours and image. Great gift for Christmas..Thank you for joining us at Bearly-Mine Challenge this week and hoping you would like to join us again soon. Good luck in draw..Hugs Lozzy x

Blankina

This is amazing Laura, happy to see you have joined our anything goes challenge at YUMI FUMI, hope you will join our next challene too..

Hugs Blankina DT team Fumi

Sandra H

Oh wow so cute and thank you for sharing this and entering our challenge at Sparkles Christmas Challenge "anything but a card" good luck and hope to see you again next time Dt Member Sandra H xx

Athina

What an adorable idea! Your coloring is awesome!!! I will have to keep this cutie in mind!

Olivia

Fantastic idea and your coloring is amazing on this one. Thanks for joining us over at Yumi & Fumi. Hugz, Olivia

Berry

Wow I must try one of these great buckets! Thanks for playing with us at Saturated Canary hugs Rebekah xx

The Little Stamper

What a gorgeous box. I really love that is is like a mug to match the image! Thanks for joining us this week at the Bearly Mine Anything Goes challenge.

Sharon x

Leanne

Laura what an awesome project!! This is so perfect and that SC image is so at home there. Beautiful coloring! Love your project!! Mahalo for joining us at Yumi & Fumi Handmade! ^.^

Vicky

Totally fabulous creation, love the design hun & soooooooooo love this image. She is one of my fave winter/christmas images.
Thank you for joining us girlies over at Saturated Canary, hope you will play along with us again shug.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Samantha Casey

Very cute and very clever design! Great job! Thanks for joining us at the Oozak challenge!

-Samantha

Denice

So fun! I love 3-d projects and this is gorgeous....I can only imagine how happy the recipient will be! Good luck and thanks for playing along with us at Yumi and Fumi Handmade.

Rosie

This is soooo amazing!! I love everything about it!! Thank you for playing along with us at Yumi and Fumi Handmade! Hugs, Rosie

Helen

Gorgeous project and beautifully put together.

Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Christmas Challenge.

Helen x

Post a Comment