Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Happy Hour...In Black & White!

Good Morning Stampers...or I guess I should say Afternoon!

Today is TUESDAY which means we start a brand new Loves Rubberstamps Blog Challenge! This week is a Color Inspiration to use colors from this photo boutique card:


We were to be inspired by the pretty Pink, Grey & Black colors and you could also use the photograph for inspiration too! When I saw these colors I knew I wanted to try and color my image in "black & White" and add just a splash of pink. I love this look and had never tried it before so I thought I would give it a whirl! Here is the card I came up with:




I used one of my SUPER SUPER favorite Uptown Girls - Madison Has a Margarita from Stamping Bella. I colored her with my Spectrum Noir Alcohol Ink Markers on the Crafter's Companion Ultrasmooth premium white cardstock. This cardstock is designed for use with alcohol markers and it really makes a huge difference!

Here is a closer look at my Madison...


I colored her using the cool greys and then added just a pop of the light pink in her ruffle and her glass. When you add the pop of pink you want to first lay down your lightest grey shade so it is not overwhelming, it is more subtle. I thought she turned out pretty good for my first attempt at coloring images in black and white!

On Saturday I always have to check the Splitcoaststampers Inspiration Challenge...because I love these... and found a piece that I drew inspiration from for my card as well. This week you were to use inspiration from the SugarChicBaby Etsy Shop. I found this adorable headband to use for inspiration:


You can see the inspiration in my background paper! I wanted a chic but subtle pattern and this seemed to fit! PLUS anyone with small children knows that Momma needs Happy Hour some days...or any children...or for that matter just a husband some days - LOL!

Here are a few other challenges I would like to enter this card in:
Lia Stampz - Challenge 21 Anything Goes
Made Especially For You - Use Three Colors
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
That Craft Place (2nd Entry) - Anything Goes
Creative Craft Challenges 2 - Pink & Black
Jackson's Digital Expressions - Anything Goes + Use a Color Media
Papertake Weekly - All Things Girly

Hope you enjoy today's card and play along with us in this week's Loves Rubberstamps Challenge!

Happy Stampin!
Laura

Pin It

14 comments:

Alljazzed2create

Very pretty card. Love you colours. Thanks for joining us over at ME4Y.

Janice

A great image & a super-douper card! Jx

Confiseries Papier

Cute,cute,cute! Great coloring and such a sweet image. Thanks for joining us at Jackson's Digital Expressions.

Holly AKA KopyKat

This is so adorable, love the image and the colors you used from the challenge and the double challenge, wow!

Always with a Sentiment

Hello Laura. Love the image on this, such a fun one. Lovely background paper and that delicate pink border.
Thank you for joining in at Creative Craft Challenges.
Love Sandra GDT

Chana Malkah

Laura, this is fabulous! I love the colors for your challenge and you truly nailed it! Thanks for playing with us at Jackson's Digital Expressions!
Hugz,
Chana, DT Coordinator
JDE

mixamatoasties

Love the sentiment - that's what I always reply on FB when someone asks if it's wine o'clock yet ;)

Thanks for joining in at Totally Papercrafts this week.

Susan x

Sandy

Great image and love the colour scheme
Thanks for linking up with MIM this week
Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
Sandy DT

Lisa

Thanks for joining our All things girlie challenge at PTW with this stunning card! Love this color combo :)

msafrocentric2012

Very very cute card. Thanks for playing along at Jackson's Digital Expressions

Julia

I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to come visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS! My entries are: #89, #90, #91, #151, #154, #155, #173, #254 and #255.
I would love to have you visit my blog!
Hugs,
Julia

Unknown

great card, love how you coloured the image in black and white with pops of pink! Thanks for playing along at MEFY!

Jane

Hi I saw you on MIM...great card and Ijust love your image. Sunny greetings from the UK,
Jane x

knitmachinequeen (KMQ)

Thanks for joining us for this "Anything Goes" challenge at Jackson Digital Expressions. Good luck and please join us again soon for future challenges. xx Rachelle JDE DT

Post a Comment