Sunday, July 15, 2012

Paper Smooches Pop-Up Stage Card

Good Evening All!

Hope you had a wonderful day! I had a chance to sneak down to my Stampin Studio and play around so I thought I would share what I did!

I have been wanting to play along in the Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge for awhile now and when I saw this week's challenge, which is a designer draft, I knew IMMEDIATELY what I wanted to do! Here is my card:


This is a Pop-Up Stage card which I have been wanting to try for awhile now. My little critters and the fire "pop up" when you open the card up. The Designer Draft Sketch from paper Smooches this week is what I used on the background piece. Here is the Draft Sketch:


When I saw this sketch I immediately thought of the piece on the left as a tree, and the bottom area as grass and what better set to use with trees and grass then my super favorite Paper Smooches set called Happy Camper!

Here is a close up of the stage area:


I colored all of my critters using Spectrum Noir Alcohol Ink Markers. My marshmallows have Liquid Applique applied, then heat set so it puffs and then I used my markers to "toast" them.

Here are some close ups of all of my critters!


My bear - don't you love the eyelashes I added? I also tried to texture the fur with my spectrum markers.


My Deer! You can see the Blanket roll and Skeeter Spray that is from a Stampin Up! stamp set called Under The Stars behind my deer.


My Raccoon which is also from the Stampin Up! Stamp set called Under the Stars. The marshmallow stick that he is holding is from the Paper Smooches set Happy Camper.


My Ant which is from the Paper Smooches Alfresco stamp set, and he is carrying a yummy smore that is from the Stampin Up! stamp set - Under the Stars. I added some fun google eyes to my ant too!

The stars in the sky are from my Spellbinders Star Circles Nestibilities. The Grass is made using the C.C. Designs Cutters Die Grass Border Die.

I hope you enjoyed my little scene as much as I had fun making it! This is my very first pop up stage card and they are really fun to do! I used the tutorial for the Pop-Up Stage from Splitcoaststampers.

Here are the challenges that I would like to enter my card into:

Paper Smooches Sparks - July 9th-15th Designer Drafts
Pile It On - PIO #29 - Kick Back & Relax
That Craft Place - Anything Goes
Craft Punked - Summertime
Creative Belli - Stars
Fab 'N Funky Challenges - #129 Summer Holiday
Inky Impressions - The Great Outdoors
Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog - Summer Fun
Stamp N Plus - Anything Goes
Truly Madly Crafty Challenges - Animals

Happy Stampin!
Laura

Pin It

20 comments:

Tonya

What a fun card. So much detail. Fabulous job!! Thank you for joining us for the Inky Impressions challenge this week. Good luck and I hope you will join us again soon.

ParkNSlide

Love the whimsy. Too too cute. Thanks for posting to the Stamp N Plus challenge.

Elizabeth Hart

Your little campfire scene is just so adorable - love it. Thanks so very much for joining us this week at the Pile it On Challenge.

Kimberly

Holy cow, Laura! You went all out on that sketch, and what a payoff! I love the scene you've created with all those critters, and all the little details are just perfect! That SU! set really goes well with Happy Campers. Thanks so much for playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!

Cathy

What a cute campfire scene, lots of time and effort went into this creation. Thanks for playing the Summer fun challenge at Sassy Cheryl's this week :)

Carol C

Great card, I love all the details. The scene is amazing :D Thanks for joining us at Craft Punked this week, Carol x

Bonnie Irvine

Oh my word, this is cute!! You've done an amazing job interpreting this sketch and combining stamps. I love all of the details,,,especially those marshmallows. Yhanks so much for joining us in our Anything Goes Challenge at Stamp N Plus.

jonim52

Very very cute scene. Great entry for our outdoor challenge at Inky.

Sassy Cheryl

Oh, I'm just LOVING this pop up card. Simply amazing. . . .and what fabulous details!
Thanks for playing along in the SUMMER FUN challenge this week at Sassy Cheryl's.

Savannah O'Gwynn

SUPER fun scene!! LOVE each detail--what company makes that raccoon image? LOVE! THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!!

Paula

Fantastic card, you've done lots of work with this and it looks fabulous! Thanks for joining Craft Punked this week, Paula :))

Jackie

What a fantastic card! I love all the layers you added to this and how dynamic it is! Great work! Thank you for joining us this week at the Inky Impressions Challenge!

Jackie, Inky Impressions DT

Rach83

Wow! What a brilliant card and I love your idea for the marshmallow toasting scene. Fantastic!

Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges. Hope you'll be back again soon.

Rachel x

Holly AKA KopyKat

OMGosh I did not even see this one, how adorable! I love how you combined the sets and the cute scene you created....Love it.

Tracy

Totally gorgeous!!!
Thanks for joining in over at TMC this month.
hugs
Tracy
xoxox

Kerry

Super cute card. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.
Kerry

s4rah

Gorgeous, I love all the little details especially the marshmallows! Thanks for joining us at Craft Punked this week!

Cindy Groh

Fabulous job creating a scene. This is adorable. Thanks for joining us at Stamp N Plus.

Chris

FANTASTIC! This is so dang cute and shows so much work and talent and jeez, it pops up too. I just love it. Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On. I'm so glad I got to see your card.

Katie Ann Brooks

Wow, impressive pop up! Best of luck with the PS guest designer challenge!

Post a Comment