Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Lil Miss Shiny Bean!

Good Morning Stampers!

The heat has returned to our neck of the woods! Surprise Surprise! I actually don't mind the heat - it is the humidity here that makes it miserable. Sounds like a great reason to stay inside and stamp - LOL! While you are stamping be sure to join this week's new Loves Rubberstamps Blog Challenge! It is a fun one! You are to create a card that is inspired by this photograph from The House of Turquoise.


I love the different textures and the colors in this photograph. So many things to spark your creativity :)
Here is my inspired card.



I used the new release Shiny Bean from The Greeting Farm for my image. I am so excited because we just added The Greeting Farm to our store. They have adorable stamps and I have been a huge fan ever since they first started as Pink Poison :)

I colored my image using the Spectrum Noir Alcohol Ink Markers. This was my first time trying red hair. I don't think it turned out to bad for my first try! I am a newbie to the whole alcohol ink markers coloring world so I am a work in progress - LOL!  I added some liquid pearl dots to the star and butterfly trails. There is also iridescent ice on her wings, the butterflies, stars and her skirt which you can't see very well in the picture. It just gives it a subtle shimmer.

I hope you enjoy today's card and will join in our challenge!

Have a great day!
Laura

Pin It

3 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat

This is so adorable and I love the red hair!

Jacqueline Smith

Beautiful card, add the red hair looks fine to me!

Sara H

Your card is adorable!!!! I love all about it =)

Post a Comment