Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A Sketch Challenge!

Good Morning All!

Today is Tuesday which means we get to start a new Loves Rubberstamps Blog Challenge!  This week we have our very first card sketch challenge!

We were to create a card that is based off this sketch:


And here is my card:


My flower is from the Crafter's Companion Paint Fushion collection called Sunflower.  I colored two flower heads, cut them out and popped them for added dimension. To color the flowers I just used a sponge with Stampin Up! More Mustard and Daffodil Delight, with the base flower also sponged with a little bit of early espresso. The center is Stampin Up! Early Espresso. I used a white gel pen to create some dots in the center. My sentiment is from the Paper Smooches - Happy Camper set.
My background paper is a retired Stampin Up! pattern. I wanted to try and create a background that reminds you of a quilt and this pattern was perfect.

Here is a closer look at my flower:



The leaf was sponged also using Stampin Up! Pool Party, Old Olive and then Always Artichoke on the edge.

I hope you will play along in this week's challenge with us! We will be giving away a $25.00 gift voucher to the Loves Rubberstamps Store!

Happy Stamping!
Laura


Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment