Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Ima Butterfly

Good Morning All!

Hope that your day is going well so far. Mine has been one of those days where if something can go wrong it will. But things can only get better...right? LOL - I hope anyway!

One thing that is definately a better part of this Tuesday is that we have a brand new Loves Rubberstamps Blog Challenge! This week the challenge is Paper Piecing and you are to create a card that features this technique with your stamped image.

Here is my inspirational design for this week's challenge.




I used the adorable Swiss Pixie - Ima Butterfly from C.C. Designs. I colored most of my image using Spectrum Noir Alcohol Ink Markers on the Crafter's Companion Ultra Smooth Premium White cardstock for alcohol markers. I did the skin parts of my image with prismacolor pencils and gamsol. I paper pieced the dress and boots using a couple of patterns from the Melissa Frances Paper Pack called Kitschy Kitchen. My little "Mwah" sentiment is from the Flourishes stamp set called Apple of My Eye.

I added a hand scrunched ribbon in between the two left layers which was this this week's Technique Challenge at Splitcoaststampers. I had seen this done quite a bit but had never really tried it. Very quick and easy and I love how it looks :)

My black butterfly circle is made using the Spellbinders Nestabilities - Butterflies Circles. I used some of the baby butterfly pop outs on my blue colored designer paper. I added dazzling diamonds to the inside of her wings which you can kind of see in this close up...




My card layout is from this week's Mojo Monday Sketch # 251. I ended up flipping the sides that the panels were on so I could place my ribbon between the two on the left side.



Hope you will play along with us this week! Thanks for stopping by!

Challenges that I am entering this card into:

Mojo Monday - Sketch Challenge 251
Love To Create Challenge - Spots N Dots
Colour Me Creative Challenge - Anything Goes With a Girly Twist

Thanks for stopping by!

Laura

Pin It

4 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat

omgosh this is so adorable! I love it.

Brook

Cute card and what a sweet image. I love how you added the butterflies to the side too. Thanks for joining us at the CMC Copic Challenge.

Crafty and Green

Super Cute Card! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Love to Create Challenge!! Come Back and Play with us again really soon!!

Many Blessings,
Tina

Unknown

Gorgeous card, love the Design!

Thanks for sharing with us this week at Love to Create Challenge, good luck!

Jo xxx

Post a Comment