Sunday, July 1, 2012

My Sunday Shares - July 1st!

Hello Everyone!

Hard to believe that July is here already! It is starting off like a furnace here. This next week our coolest day will be 95. I think everywhere is hot but the miserable part is adding the humidity. Which here is about 90% so it feels like you are standing in a sauna as soon as you step outside. But what can you do...it definately could be worse so I am not going to complain!

Today for my Sunday shares I wanted to share with you a couple of cards I came across while surfing around on splitcoaststampers.

The first is a beautiful creation made by the very talented Wanda Cullen of Cullen-ary Creations. I have been a big fan of Wanda's for awhile and have many of her gorgeous creations tucked into my favorites file at splitcoaststampers. She is a member of their elite Dirty Dozen Alumni and does some really beautiful work.


This is one of my favorite cards that Wanda has created. She used the gorgeous Sunflowers stamp set from Flourishes. I love the very CAS look of this card. The sunflower is paired beautifully with that pretty yellow gingham (I am a sucker for gingham prints) and that black and white polka dot ribbon. So pretty! The layout she used is from a Mojo Monday Sketch #242. If you want to see more details on this gorgeous card that Wanda created visit her blog above, it is linked to the blog post featuring this card, or you can visit her amazing Splitcoaststampers gallery - cullenwr.

The second card that I wanted to share today is a really fun card using the Paper Smooches stamp set - Healthy Vibes. I have mentioned before but I have a little obsession with Paper Smooches stamps! Kim Hughes, the designer, has this amazing talent for creating stamp sets that you can use for many occasions, that are easy to mix and match, and that can be used in so many different ways! I love to search for cards created with her sets because you will find many genius ideas! Here is a super cute and fun card I came across this week...


This super cutie was created by another very talented paper artist - Lori Barnett of Stamp Scents! I absolutely LOVE the fun colors that Lori used on her card. She colored her images with copics and popped them up on a desert sand background that she created using the Dude Block from Paper Smooches also. I also LOVED the subtle pattern that Lori created on her tissue box by stamping a pattern from the Debonair stamp set from Paper Smooches. To make this card even cuter (if that is possible) Lori framed her desert sand block with a glitter frame! How she managed to get her lines so straight is amazing! Mine would be wavy - LOL! This would definately brighten anyone's day! Be sure to visit Lori's blog and see some of the other amazing cards she created. You can also check out her splitcoaststampers gallery too - versamom!

I hope you enjoyed today's shares from these two amazing ladies! I want to give an extra big thank you to both Wanda & Lori for allowing me to share their beautiful creations!

Stay cool everyone!
Laura

Pin It

2 comments:

Lori Barnett

Laura...I'm soooo happy you found me -- cause now I have a new friend who LOVES stamping and paper crafting! YAY ME! LOL! Thanks for sharing my design. I look forward to spending many hours drooling all over the goodies you share on your blog! (((hugs)))

Wanda Cullen

Hi, Laura! I'm just getting back from vacation and am trying to catch up on emails and blog commenting and wanted to say how honored I am that you featured my sunflower card! I also love the sweet PS card of Lori's...am a Paper Smooches fan as well. I'll be back to visit soon!

Post a Comment