Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Magic of Christmas

Hi Stampers -

So Sorry for my late post for this week's Loves Rubberstamps Challenge! I wasn't feeling very good yesterday after I got back from visiting my sister before she had to leave for Florida so I didn't get my pictures taken. I had a massive headache that would not go away for anything! I ended up getting the post pre-scheduled for the challenge and then laying around on the couch doing nothing - trying to get my headache to go away :(

The challenge this week is a 1, 2, 3, challenge! We want to see 1 - Image, 2 Designer Papers, and 3 Embellishments! Here is my LATE project...


I am bound and determined to get some Christmas Cards made this year that I can send - LOL! I am up to THREE!! YAY! That is a record I think!! I used the GORGEOUS Candy Cane stamp from Saturated Canary! This is one of my favorite favorite stamps! I decided to color her in soft teal blues and warm greys. I like how she turned out. I decided to make one of my panels look like a pretty vintage, wrapped Christmas Present. My Sentiment is from the My Favorite Things Seasonal Sentiments stamp set. This is actually one sentiment but I cut it apart to make it fit my card better.

Here is a look at the inside of the card - which I kept pretty simple.




And here is a close up of the lovely Candy Cane...


I added some iridescent ice to her wings too for just a touch of bling :)


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you play along with us this week!!
Laura

Here is a list of products used on my card:
Prima Flowers (coming soon)
Martha Stewart - Alpine Snowflake Punch


I will be entering this into the following challenges:

Saturated Canary - Shabby Chic
Creative Craft Challenges - Use Ribbon
Holly Jolly Christmas - Non-Traditional Christmas - No Red or Green
Bunny Zoe - Something Blue
Card Mania - Favorite Color Combination - Pale Blues and Light Gray
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas - Cut It Out
Sparkles Christmas Challenge - Non-Traditional Colors
ABC Challenges - V is for Very Cute
Emerald Faeries Challenge - Magical Creatures
CMC Copic Challenge - Anything Goes

14 comments:

jonim52

Wowza, what a gorgeous card. love the way you colored the hair. Fabulous details.

Anonymous

Laura, this is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO beautiful and I will be getting candy cane for sure!!! My girls would LOVE her and they are SUPER picky about SC images!!!
She's gorgeous!!! Your card is gorgeous!! The present is a FAB design idea and I LOVE IT!!! :) :) :)
All stunning!! Isn't it funny how I like CAS cards for myself, but really enjoy shabby chic cards from others!!! LOL~~ Alyce's are some of my fave cards, but I won't put all of that lovely "stuff" on mine!!! LOL!!
I'm a nut!! xoxo
SO SORRY ABOUT your HEADACHE!! as a weekly migraine sufferer ~~ I TOTALLY feel your pain!!!! xo

Holly AKA KopyKat

OMGosh hope your headache gets better!

This is so adorable, love the image and the fabulous design and colors.

Ceal

adorable! love the "present" and your coloring is amazing!

PaperDaisies

Laura, love your colouring, beautiful as always. Love how you have made the present. Very pretty. Have a fabulous week. Hugs Nina

Marlene Atkinson

Wow this is stunning, love the image colours and papers. Hope you come back next time. Thank you for joining us at CCC this fortnight. Marlene DT

Sandra H

Oh my goodness this is truly beautiful and thank you for sharing this in our challenge at Sparkles Christmas "None Traditional Colours challenge" good luck and hope to see you again next time Dt Member Sandra H xx

Marcy

This is so beautiful Laura! I love your coloring on this image and it's one of my favs for Christmas too. Your use of non-traditional colors for this card make it so unique and stunning! :)

Hazel

Gorgeous card - love the inside as well as the outside - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge 142 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for September - I'd love to see it there too. x

Louise

Very cute card, thank for joining us at ABC for our challenge
hugs Louise

Sande

Stunning card Laura!
Thanks for joining us at A & T Emerald Faeries! Hope to see you again soon!
You will find a Faery candy on my blog also. If you want to enter pop over HERE.
Hugs, Sande xx

Unknown

I think this is very lovely Christmas card, Laura. Candy looks so sweet and that sentiment won me over. :)

sara

beautiful card thanks so much for joining us at Bunnyzoes this month
hugs sara x x

shaz earl

Gorgeous card great choice of colours
Thanks for sharing with us at Sparkles Christmas good luck in the draw

Hugs Shaz DT xx

Post a Comment