Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Whimsy Stamps Guest Designer

Hi Stampers!!

I was lucky enough to have been chosen as a Guest Designer for this week's challenge at Whimsy Stamps! This week the theme is Masculine cards. I have to say that I find these one of my most challenging themes! Here is what I came up...


For my card I used the Whimsy Stamps Crissy Armstrong Digi called In The Doghouse. Pretty fitting for a "Masculine" card, huh? LOL! I printed the image out 3 times so I could layer the dog, flowers and grass to make it look 3D. I also popped the little bone on the house after adding some metal wire. I colored this with copic markers. The designer paper is from My Mind's Eye and my embossing folder is a paw print one that is from the Sizzix Bears line. Not for sure exactly what it s called. I had to sponge everything with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Walnut Stain. I love this stuff!

Here is a closer peek at Tim  the little doggie!

 
 
Check out my doggie eyebrows! I added a little bit of liquid applique then puffed it up, colored it with copics, then took my pointy scissors and kind of made little "pokes" in the applique to make it look textured and kind of furry! All the sentiments that I used are from There She Goes Stamps. I hope that I have inspired you to play along at Whimsy Stamps this week!  I want to thank them for having me as a Guest Designer this week!
 
Thanks for stopping by today!
Laura
 
I will be entering this in the following challenges:
 
Addicted to Stamps & More - Anything Goes
The Crafter's Café - Dude! That's Funny!
Simon Says Stamp - Animal Antics
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Twisted Tuesday - Primary Colors With Buttons
Creatalicious Challenges - #54 For the Boys
Digi Galore - Anything Goes
Natalie & Amy's Challenge - Embossing
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


17 comments:

Athina

Great layout, I love the embossed paws and your coloring is amazing as always! Very sweet!

Holly AKA KopyKat

OMGosh this is so stinkin cute! I love the puppy and the cute scene you have made. Perfect sentiment and design. Yes, I can see any guy falling for this one, lol.

Anonymous

The sentiment --- !!!!! & design & embossing folder are right on the $$$$$ !!!!! Lol
This is my hubby daily!!!! Fab fab card, Laura !!
Congrats on your GD spot !!! :)) :))
Xo
~~Nicole~~

Shanna Shands

Super adorable!

Dangina Martinez

The cutest card ever! Love that Pup!

Dangina Martinez

The cutest card ever! Love that Pup!

jonim52

Oh, Laura, what a cute image, great card. Love the coloring.

sandie

Congrats on the GD position and you have rocked the challenge-great guy card. Thanks for joining us at ATSM

Vickie Y

Your card is soooo cute! Love the layering to create a 3D doggie! Thank you for playing along with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

Melanie

A wonderful card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "for the boys” challenge & good luck in the draw…
Hope to see you again in our new challenge.

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT Creatalicious Challenges)

Lisa Carroll

This is amazing! I LOVE the dimension you created, and what you did with the Liquid Applique for his eyebrows is absolutely GENIUS! Thank you for playing along in our Animal Antics challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog. :)

Marcy

Adorable card Laura! I love the sweet image and the distress work looks awesome!

Lynne

Stunning card!!! Love!! Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday!

Kim.

Oh my goodness this is adorable, love the image and that embossing really pops. Thanks for sharing with us this month at Natalie & Amy's Challenge.
Kim xXx

Majo

Oh, I love that folder!! Thank you for playing along with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

crafty-stamper

Fantastic card love the doghouse image love the perfect paper and embossing-thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday
Carol DT x

Lizzie R

Adorable Card! the sentiment made me giggle! Thanks for joining us over at Twisted Tuesday Challenges!

Post a Comment