Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Sweet Baby Boy

Hi Stampers -

This week at The Cutting Cafe it was a masculine themed week! This tends to be one of the harder styles for me so it was a little challenging - which is always fun :)

This week we could choose to use - the Overalls Shaped Card, The Funny Car Treat Box and Shared Card Set or the All About Boys Printable Stamp Set.

I decided to use the Overalls Shaped Card Set, but instead of doing a shaped card, I used the card front and used it on a 6" x 6" square card. I also paired the overalls with the T-Shirt Shaped Card to create a little undershirt for the overalls. The T-Shirt fits perfectly :)

I wanted to give my overalls some texture so after cutting the pattern out I ran it through my paper crimper about 7 or 8 times to break the fibers in my cardstock. I then smoothed it out and peeled it into two parts. This creates the fuzzy looking side which is what I wanted! I then used the other half to make my pockets. I sponged all the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Walnut Stain and the word Sweet! was stamped using the Wild For Watermelon stamp set from Flourishes.



Here is a closer look at the overalls so you can see the texture a little better...



Later this afternoon be sure to visit The Cutting Café Blog to see all the Design Team Projects! Each week Regina draws one lucky winner who has left a comment to win 3 free files of their choice!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!
Laura

I will be entering this into the following challenges:

Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Bunny Zoe - Something Blue
Created With Love Challenge - Anything Goes
The Cutie Pie Challenge - Cute Cards For Boys
Lia Stampz - Anything Goes 
Allsorts - Baby Baby
Card Makin' Mommas - For the Kids
Totally Papercrafts - Birthday Boys
Crafts-Too Challenge - Texture

24 comments:

Chris Hanselman

Great card. Love the little outfit. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Created With Love Challenges
~~Chris

Lisa xx

oh this is so sweet, perfect card for a little boy!

thank you for joining in with the cutie pies xx

bumblebee creations

love em'!! so cute!

Holly AKA KopyKat

OMGosh this is so adorable, I love the overalls and that T shirt does fit perfectly. I forgot about the over crimping and peeling trick. Fabulous idea for these! So cute. Great card design.

Regina Easter

this truly is the sweetest ever....love it

Anonymous

So sweet, Laura!!! Just precious!!!! :)) :))
Xo

Julie Odil

Oh, Laura, these are so sweet! I love the effect you achieved with your multiple crimping!

carol

super brill card, love your design, thanks for sharing with us at TPC x carol

Shanna Shands

Love the texture! Adorable baby card.

Marcy

Super adorable Laura!!! That crimped paper for the overalls looks fantastic! I have not used my crimper is such a long time and this is inspiring me to take it out! Beautiful job with this! :)

Diane

Adorable baby boy card...love his outfit and the way it is textured!!

IamUniquelyImperfect

Oh my goodness, I love it! So cute! tfs Love Ya' Patricia

Jeri

Fabulous! I love all the texture you added with the crimping. I'm going to have to try that.

Ceal

Super Cuteness Laura!

PaperDaisies

What a sweet card Laura. Love how you have added the texture. Hope you are having a great week. Hugs Nina

K8

Adorable card, love that outfit!! Thank you for join us at Created With Love Challenge this week, hugs Kate (DT)

Nancy

Fabulous card! I really like what the crimper did to the overalls! Thanks for joining us at Lia Stampz :o)

Dangina Martinez

This is just the most adorable boy card ever! Perfect Baby Shower card. That is an awesome Design.

Jane Savage

Just perfect for a little man, Laura. Gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge. Jane xx

Creations by Shirl

Aw one a cute outfit for a baby boy... Thanks for joining us over at Lia Stampz challenge.

My Creative Therapy

Laura what an awesome idea to use the crimper that way and I love the effect!! Guess I'll have to dig mine out LOL! Thanks for joining us this week at Through The Craftroom Door and good luck!
Kathi
DT Member

Unknown

What a cutie!!! Love the colors and embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Created With Love Challenges.

Hugs,
Maria

CardsbyMarianne.blogspt.com

I love your card! I'll have to remember your idea about using the crimper because it turned out really well. Thanks so much for joining us at Lia Stampz!

Brenda Brown

I love how you created the texture in this card - so cool. Thanks for sharing it at the Crafts-Too Challenge You 'TEXTURE with a Twist' challenge this month.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Post a Comment