Thursday, September 19, 2013

Me and My Dragon - Sneak Peek!

Hi Stampers!



Today is the first of my sneak peek projects for the September Release from Crafty Sentiments Designs! You will see a sneek peak at a new rubber stamp that will all be available for purchase after September 22nd over the next 3 days!

For buyers from our own store - I will be listing ALL the Crafty Sentiments Designs that we can get in a preorder so we can start sending in orders on a more regular basis. There have been so many new stamps released since our last order, and I want to add them all of course because they are so cute - LOL - so this will help me make sure we are getting the customer requests first! So be sure to watch for those! I will also send an email to our of our newsletter subscribers as well to let you know when they are in. 

Anyway...back to my project for today! I think this is my super favorite image (of the ones I got to see - LOL) for the new release! I have an addiction for little Dragon images, especially baby dragons so this one was right up my alley! Totally love it and the little baby dragon is so cute! Take a look :)



Doesn't the little baby dragon have the SWEETEST look on it's face?!?!? :D  For the layers on my card the lighter square is actually vellum. I tried to run it through my cuttlebug with a texture plate but it didn't work as well as I was hoping. You can't really see any of that in the pictures because it is very subtle and most is covered with my Designer Paper anyway. The Designer Paper is from the Bo Bunny paper pack called Prairie Chic. I had to sponge the edges with Tim Holtz Distress ink in Walnut Stain. I think EVERYTHING needs to have this sponged on it otherwise I think it looks naked - LOL - it is my addiction :) My flowers and pearl swirls are both from prima. I added some leaves using my Martha Stewart Branch punch and the flourish is called Fancy Flourish from My Favorite Things Die-Namics.

Here is a closer look at my image:


I colored the image with copics and sponged the edges of this panel with Stampin Up crumb cake. I distressed and then added Frantage to the panel and the sentiment. The frantage on the picture panel is called Shabby Blue and on the sentiment I used Shabby Pink. These actually come together in a pack of 5 colors in an embossing kit from Stampendous. Very handy, especially if you are just venturing in to the frantage world like myself so you get a great mix of colors! I was excited because the blue actually was the exact same shade as my teal copics! Perfect! :D The first few times I tried frantage I wasn't sure about it...but it is growing on me and I definitely love it when you are going for a more vintage or shabby chic look :) That gorgeous sentiment is also one of the new releases stamps from Crafty Sentiments Designs as well! I added the heart bling gem over the heart in the sentiment to give it a little pop.

I hope that you enjoyed my little Dragon Card today! Be sure to visit the Crafty Sentiments Designs Inspirational Blog to see even more adorable projects using this Me and My Dragon image by the Design Team and some special Guest Designers!

Thanks for stopping by today!
Laura

I will be entering this in the following challenges:

By Lori Designs - Hexagons or Chevrons
Divas by Design - Anything Goes
Bunny Zoe - Something Blue
Crafty Cardmakers - Things With Wings
MarkerPOP - Anything Goes
A & T Emerald Fairies - Magical Creatures
A Creative Romance - Dies or Punches
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes
4 Krafty Girlz - Anything Goes


15 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat

OMGosh this is so cute!!! Fabulous card design and I love the colors.

Anonymous

Laura, I LOVE the new crafty sentiments images so much from this release & the last release!!! I do hope you get them all in stock!!! Woo hoo!!! That would be fabulous!!! :)) :))

Gorgeous colors -- & coloring, of course !!!
Love the sweet image & the adorable dragon!!!
Your layout is fabulous -- & adds so much dimension!! :))
Xo

Sande

This is fabulous card! Love the image!
Thanks for joining us at A & T Emerald Faeries! Hope to see you again soon!
You will find a Faery candy on my blog also. If you want to enter pop over HERE.
Hugs, Sande xx

Anonymous

Such a beautiful card, love the image and lovely colors. Thank you for joining us at 4 Krafty Girlz this fortnight. Abbie xx

Dangina Martinez

Give me a second to get up off the floor,lol. This is stunning! Your coloring is amazing! Your blooms and swirls are gorgeous! Now I need some lessons from you, please.

Unknown

This is so sweet - love the blue dragon! :)
Have a nice day, Laura...

Heidi Brawley

OMG those stamps are soooo cute and your card is Gorgeous!!! Love all the detail on it too!
hugs, Heidi

Unknown

Love your card and coloring! Such an adorable image! Thanks for stopping by Sister Act this week! Good luck!

Trisha-DT Member

IamUniquelyImperfect

Oh my goodness, I have always had a fondness, nay, a love of dragons! I love the colors you used, this card is just beautiful!! Tfs Love Ya' Patricia

Judith

wow fabulous project thank you for joining the 4 Krafty Girlz Challenger - good luck x

Jac’s Playground

Hi Laura, wow I'm blown away this is stunning love everything about it, just wanted to add thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week. Jac xx

Meggymay

Beautiful card, the image is so sweet. Thank you for joining us at CCM this time.
Yvonne

8kidsandstillfindtimetocraft

Fab creation thanks for joining us at 4 krafty girlz challenge blog. .. Anita DT

fionalawlor

Awww this is so cute!! The dragon is adorable and a really nice change to all the usual "winged things" :) Your roses and die-cuts also look so pretty. Thanks so much for joining us for our "Winged Things" challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.
Fiona x

Anonymous

Laura --- your fab card was selected @ marker pop for top 3!!!
Way to go, girl !!! :))
Don't forget to pop over & claim your badge!! :))

Post a Comment