Saturday, September 21, 2013

Walking Tessa - Sneak Peek!

Hi Stampers!

Welcome to the FINAL day of my Crafty Sentiments Designs Sneak Peeks of the new September Release that will be available tomorrow! This image is called Walking Tessa and features a sweet country girl walking her little pet piggy! Take a look...



I decided to color my little piggy black because I wanted to be a little bit different :) A lot of the little pot bellied mini pigs people get as pets are black so little Tessa will fit right in :) I remember when I was teenager I wanted a little mini pot-bellied piggy for a pet but my Mom never would let me - LOL!

I wanted my card to have a "country feel" so I decided to ink up a Farm background stamp I had from There She Goes stamps. I cut it out with a Stampin Up! labels die and also created a frame in my background paper with a larger die from the same set. Nothing says Country to me more than Gingham Prints and it is also my favorite to use ...but I didn't want it to overpower the card, I wanted just a pop of it so I just layered it inside the frame.

My Jeans looking Designer paper is from the Bo Bunny Prairie Chic paper pack and the Gingham Print is from the Simple Stories Summer Fresh paper pack.  I also used the My Favorite Things Die-Namics Barb Wire Fence Die and the grass is from C.C. Designs Grass Border Die. And of course...you know me... I sponged everything with ...YEP... Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress Ink! LOL! That super cute sentiment is also a from the September Crafty Sentiments Designs release as well!

Here is a closer look at my Walking Tessa image...



I colored this using copic markers. I did her hair with one of my favorite hair color combinations... E13, E15, E18 which actually come all together in the Copic Skin Tones Set. Tessa was colored using the Warm Grays - W00, W01, W03, W05 and her blush is a mix of R20 and E04. See her little red bling gem on her collar :) 

Be sure to visit the Crafty Sentiments Designs Inspiration Blog to see what the other Design team members created using this image! 

Thanks for stopping by today!
Laura

I will be entering this in the following challenges:

Chocolate, Coffee & Cards - #48 Anything Goes
Crafts 4 Eternity - R#142 Cute Kids




7 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat

OMGosh how cute is this! Love the pop of gingham and yes, it is so country feeling, and adorable. Your sponging adds the perfect demention without having to layer it more, I love it. Fabulous coloring and design!

PaperDaisies

Love this card Laura. I like the gingham and the barbed wire die cut. It looks fabulous. Great job. Hugs Nina

Anonymous

I loveeeeeeee this card sooooooo much!!! Saw it on FB today... But have been running, running, --- my little girl's BEE party was today!!
So much fun & now I am wiped out!!? Lol

Your card is fun, fresh, inviting -- & has a great country spirit !!
I love it all !! The image is adorbs, too!!!

Have I mentioned that I CANNOT wait until you carry them in the store...!?!
Lol !!

Marcy

Wow Laura! This sure looks like a lot of coloring and all of it is gorgeous!!! I love how you created that background scene and so many pretty details!

Heidi Brawley

OMG your card is sooooo darn cute!!! I want a pet pig!!! Love the Gingham on here too!!!!

Carmen

This is so super cute. Love this image.

IamUniquelyImperfect

I love this image! That pig is so cute. Love how you colored it. tfs Love Ya' Patricia

Post a Comment