Tuesday, September 3, 2013

PEEK-A-BOO

Hi Stampers!!

If you are looking for my Cutting Café Design Team Project & Loves Rubberstamps Challenge Post - Click Here :)

Today starts a new Challenge at Crafty Sentiments Designs! This week I am hosting the challenge, and it is my first time as a host there. Since September is here already, and the days will start turning cooler...I thought it would be fun to break out those pretty fall patterns and colors to use on your projects! So this week we want to see your FAVORITE FALL PATTERNS or FAVORITE FALL COLORS... or use both together!!

Here is my Inspiration Project that I created ...



This is a special card called a PEEK-A-BOO card and this was my first time trying one out! It really wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. The cool thing about this is when you open it up - the image changes! I followed a tutorial that I found on the mega-talented blog by Norma Lee - From My Craft Room. Click here to check it out.

For my cover I used one of my favorite Digi stamps from Crafty Sentiments Designs called Mia. I think she is so cute with her blowing hair and would be perfect to use for Fall or Winter cards. I colored her with copic markers and one spectrum noir marker - DG2 (I think that is the number - it is a light green). I added some "fur trim" to her coat and boots using liquid applique. You can see I added quite a few of my favorite fall patterns on the cover... Houndstooth, Plaids, and Gingham! My little cornstalks were cut using the Die-Namics Cornstalks Die and the flower was made with my super favorite Die-Namics Die - Loopy Bloom! The sentiment on the front is from the My Favorite Things stamp set called Thankful Leaves.

Here is a look at the inside as you are opening the card... See the new image sliding over?

 
 
And here is the page fully opened with the new image in place!
 
 
 
 
 
For the inside image I used another Crafty Sentiments Designs Digi stamp called Blitz. She is also perfect for Fall or Winter Cards I think! I kept the inside pretty simple. I added another cornstalk from my Die-Namics Cornstalk Die. Mine is growing buttons not corn - LOL! I thought these were cute and matched my papers so what the heck, it is a new corn species called Crafty Corn :) - LOL! I added another die cut leaf to the inside. I forget to say that my leaves are cut using the Die-Namics Die called Fall Leaves. My sentiment is from the My Favorite Things Stamp set called Flower Silhouettes. I also used another favorite fall pattern ... Stripes!
 
Here are some closer looks at the images and my newly invented...Crafty Corn - LOL!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I hope that you will play along with us this week! It will be a lot of fun! Thanks for stopping by today!
Laura
 
I will be entering this in the following challenges:
 
Bearly Mine Challenges - #102 Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Addicted To Stamps - Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
Quirky Crafts Challenges - "I Like to Move It, Move It"
 Robyn's Fetish Challenges - Add Some Leaves
The Corrosive Challenge - All About Fall
The Squirrel and the Fox - Spring or Fall
Crazy 4 Challenges - Use Buttons or Bows
My Sheri Crafts - Fall Colors
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes
4 Crafty Chicks - Squares
Delightful Challenges - Make The Cut
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes

19 comments:

Anonymous

Ummmmm, wow!!!!!! I had no idea what was going to happen...but I wasn't expecting that!!!!
Awesome!!
Both images are beautifully colored!!
Love your fab fall card!!
Xo

Indah Permata Sari

What a cute interactive card! Love it!!

Holly AKA KopyKat

This is so super cute! Love the adorable images and the cornstalk is genious with your fall card.

Shanna Shands

Adorable. I love the dies and the felt flower!

Tamie

I love the colors, layout and fantastic images. Incredible inspiration on your square card. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at 4CC.

Denise Goeldner

Gorgeous card, colours and layout beautifully done thanks for joining us over at Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog ~ Denise DT ~

Regan

This is terrific! What a clever design ! Beautifully colored too! Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge!
{hugs}
Regan

Shell Shearer Swinscoe

Fantastic creation, love the design, never seen one before!

Thank you for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Leanne

Beautiful card, thanks for sharing and thanks for playing our squares challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!

Leanne DT 4CC!

NanaConnie

Terrific interactive card, Laura! Love your coloring and your color combo. Thanks so much for playing along at 613 Avenue Create this time and I hope we see you again soon. Good luck.
NanaConnie DT

Marge

LOVE you fabulous Fall peek-a-boo card -- sooo very clever!!! Thanks so much for sharing with us @ My Sheri Crafts Challenge!!!

Denise @ kc242

What a sweet card. Love your design. Thanks so much for playing along with Delightful Challenges!
Denise

Cazzy

Oh wow that is so clever, I have never seen one before. It is perfect to enter my challenge at Quirky because the image moves!

Cazzy - on behalf of the Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog DT.

Chana Malkah

Laura, what a fun project to create! I think you have chosen wonderful designer papers to complement your beautifully colored images! I'm off to give this tutorial a try! Thanks for sharing this with us here at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

happyglitzygirl

Lots of details, great colouring and beautifully put together, thanks for playing with us at the Squirrel and the Fox, blessings Hilde

Marlies

A fantastic card Laura! A great design with the peek a boo. Fab colouring of the cute images! Thanks for joining our anything goes challenge at ATSC, Marlies

Samantha Casey

So creative! Such a nice fall card! Amazing job! Thank you for joining us for the Oozak Challenge!

-Samantha

Kara Curry

This is super cute! Your colors are lovely and you did such a great job with this sketch! I love your layout and cheap grosgrain ribbon you used too! Thank you so much for playing along with us at colorful ribbon Challenges! We hope you will play along with us again soon!

Spyder

I love it, and how clever is that!! fantastic, (sez me glueing my fingers to the keyboard...) Thank you so much for joining Quirky Crafts for this move it challenge!!

((Lyn)) DT

Post a Comment